Tip.It Times Presents: A Sight for Sore Eyes...

Kiara_Kat

About the capes - the quests cape will be extremely hard to manage, but I hope the capes are also for free players. I have one more month in members, and I am working on lvl 99 cooking - 83/99, and I hope to be able to get the cape eventually.

Tetris is about using the equal force of the working power to build up the glorious people's republic of Russia....

Another nice article, I really enjoy the Tip.it Times. The capes will be really interesting...I only have 1 quest left to do :D

Proud Fire Cape Owner March 9, 2007

Owner of 2/24 Capes of Achievement

Planet__X.png

newbankofrsyq0.gif

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade, then throw it in their faces and ask for the oranges you originally asked for.

I think the amount of complaints Jagex recieved about the new interface just shows how immature and spoilt people are on runescape nowadays. Nobody gave it a chance, just instant whining and spoilt screaming.

I agree 100%.

The interface was definitely a large change, but people did give it really any chance. I got used to it within a couple days, and was quite annoyed when they changed the run button and the stats screen back. The yellow became a blinding annoyance because I had gotten used to the dark orange, and I had to get used to a new run button yet again. But it was a good update, despite the mass amounts of people complaining.

Add me on to the agree list. I also agree with pokemama in the sense that Jagex has no intentions of Releasing runescape 3 as a whole new game like they did in 04. I think rs2 will continually improve as it always has.

Great article editor. Looking forward to next weekend already :D

Spam DEF: Any post, paragraph, or sentence that does not add to the value of the thread.

Big_Stingman is the bomb!

I agree with almost everything in that article. The Editor is a really intelligent guy! Although I think if/when RS3 comes out it will be the same as when classic was updated, more of an overall graphic update and game engine upgrade than a full on sequal.

Azzazeal.png

untitled6kv7.gif

Ah well, I liked the orange interface.But whatever, yellow is a not problem.Though the run option was a bit of annoyance, it just takes a bit of time to get used to things, but they changed it anyway.

It would have been fun if Jagex would have let the orange interface stay there, some of the people would have just got used to it after a while. :P

scarsrl0.jpg

Thanks to WithTheQuickness for the sig!

well written indeed, i can see the editor is a man after my own heart, i too am trying for the quest cape of glory.

The behind the scenes said a stat bonus appropriate to the cape, now for something like wcing, this may mean chopping a tad faster but what on earth could this be for questing?

you have an interesting point about the still room and with 5 minutes thought most people can thing of other examples such as a celler: (wood, coal etc), ice house: (food etc)

My question is this: for each new room avaliable will jagex increase the room limit? if along the line we see say 5 new rooms introduced, will the room limit reflect this?

Two things struck me in particular: magic wardrobes (no lions or witches need apply) and treasure chests, and the ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅCapes of AchievementÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

newsig4ty.jpg

Retired Tip It Moderator | Zybez Radio DJ - Listen Here

i myself was wondering how the quest capes would work - i currently have completed all of the quests, but does that mean i can only wear the quest cape for 6 days as there'll be a new quest out?

also, seeing as they are doing updates for POH, how about a log pile or a wood storage facility in the house? It's only a small update, but when you're entertaining guests and you want to light a fire, it's a pain to either kick out all your guests or to send one of them to get logs. there could be a space where you could store, say, 20 logs then remove one when you want to light a fire?

EDIT: maybe add a tinderbox to one of the utility wall thingies in the workshop as well...

RSN: d35h1_5k4t3r

dalai_farmer.png

I like how you say "Power questing", because I guess I'm a power quester. :mrgreen:

I personally can't wait for the all quests cape and the increase of raw shark prices. :wink:

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

Two things struck me in particular: magic wardrobes (no lions or witches need apply) and treasure chests, and the ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅCapes of AchievementÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

10y3vig.png

proudtitan.png

Hmm, not quite sure where the Editor got the whole RS3 thing. It isn't because jagex is working on a whole new game that it would be RS related :oops:

It's good that die hard questers are going to get a cape to brag :D

Hate to be the bearer of bad news.... BUT the second last sentence ends with the word "RUNECAPE". Might wanna fix that =S :oops:

Typo. Fixed.

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

I agree with pokemama in the sense that Jagex has no intentions of Releasing runescape 3 as a whole new game like they did in 04. I think rs2 will continually improve as it always has.

One thing: I agree with you in that I think they will not release RS2, but they are going to release a completely new game according to their corporate site. Not sure how similar it will be, but obviously it will have new quests, a new world, etc.

Blooblyblobl.gif

Legends quest completed at lvl 47 on X Legendre X

#3056 to 99 firemaking, achieved on July 4th, 2007.

Tied for #1854 to 99 farming, achieved on September 3rd, 2008.

Well I know I'm probably one of the few who feel this way but I loved the first update jagex did with the orange font for the scores. I thought it gave it a fresh and spooky look. My idea would have been, kept the orange and when a person reaches lvl 99 in something then that font would turn to a deep red and the others would stay orange. I know many wanted this switched back to yellow and many of you got your wish but I loved the orange. I do like the bigger run button at the bottom but overall I would have left the update as it was when jagex first did it. So to all of you who complained about the orange scores your all happy now but I'm not. :shame:

Walker

I love runescape with a passion and all the old classic arcade games I mentioned in my interest areas. True classic gamers will remember the classic voice of space fury. "Is there no one in the universe greater then I" The good old days!

All the complaining about the new inteface just proves that you can't please everyone and that the a small minority making a lot of noise can defeat a much larger majority.

For the most part the interface update had little effect on me, as I never bother with e-motes and always use the key when running. Howver, I couldn't see what all the fuss was about with the original chages if people had given them a chance they would soon have got used to them.

The only thing I agree with was complaints about the coulour of the text changing from yellow to orange. For someone with 20-20 vision this would not really be a problem, but, as I don't have perfect vision, I found a problem in that the orange text blended into the backgound, making it difficult to read. Returning to the yellow made the text stand out again.

The only way to stop people complaining whenever the interface is changed is to allow personal configuration of the interface.

As for speculation on RS3, I tend to disagree. I believe that the whole reason for the serious upgrades that they've made to the game engine and coding language in the last six months is to allow RS3 to happen all around us every week, lol - meaning no need for the upheaval of transferring to a new game, just a constant flow of new features and good stuff added to RS2.

I think you have said it all, please don't make a RS3 dont spoil a good thing :shame:

Lotsa ppl said that aboy RS2, look at it now. More ppl than ever. Admittedly i quit for a while when RS2 was released, but came to my senses after a while.

RS2 spoiled RS1, but there were still improvements. but i now like Runescape more than ever, problem is ppl are stubborn

Personally, i doubt there s a RS3 under construction

As for orange, i've been used to yellow, but not annoyed enuff to complain. get over it... really

Great article 8-)

It just goes to show how well Jagex responds to good player feedback.

(I doubt very much the screamers made the change happen though)

Yet, I can't see any proof or even hint there is going to be a RuneScape 3. I doubt very much that it will ever happen because such a transition at this stage of development would be too huge a distruption to players.

Indeed Jagex is working on better ways to improve things without causing the same disruption that occured when switching from RuneScape Classic to current version of RuneScape.

Rather the people at Jagex Towers are putting their energies into ensuring the engine of the game can cope with changes for many years to come:

Yep definetely planning on sticking with RuneScape. I've spent the last 8 years of my life creating the technology which runs the game, so I'm not going to abandon it now! :)

Funny thing is despite having spent 8 years working on it there still loads of things I still want to improve. I'm currently working on systems to make the interfaces less laggy (remember I do engine work not content updates), after that there's about 60 more things on my personal todo list which is well over a years work. (and by the time those are done I'm sure they will be another 60).

Update process explained - Andrew - Jagex Mod

Players should be wary whenever they hear rumours of a RuneScape 3. There's a high probability that anything claiming to give a preview of it will be a malicious scam designed to steal players' accounts.

feywarriorgreenlu9.gif

banneruh3.jpg

nice article although one point which i agree with personally is the achievment capes personally i am only 3 quests away from finishing them all and i want one of those capes but like the article states i to am curious as to how they will deal with the release of new quests and keeping them does anyone have any other ideas on this....maybe like the article says it will be unwearable until you do the new quest for people like myself who do the new quests as soon as they come out i will not mind as much but for others who do like 5 at a time then take a break for a week or so how will it affect everyone....also jagex siad that the capes will add bonuses to the specific skill what skill will the quest achiement cape add to???

any thoughts???