New Tip.it IRC Server Discussion

The_Sith

We have great news for all our IRC loving community members, after long work today we opened official tip.it IRC server !!!!

You can access this server using your standard IRC clients ( google for MIRC) and pointing it to irc.tip.it port 6667 or if this create problems use IP 72.20.29.117

Probably it is easier to people who wish to see what it is about, to use our java client that is already preconfigured to connect to our new server and open #runescape channal :D

Tip.it IRC Chat

Running our own server will give us much more freedom to help new users and to accommodate it to all our needs that in bigger networks was impossible, even if it is one more server to maintain, staff and pay for.

We hope you will have a good time there! Please excuse any starting problems we may encounter.

Discuss here!

sithbridgeay2.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ach, you just had to tell everyone. We were so wonderfully tight knit and dysfunctional!

Everyone should have known about the room. We've had it posted many times :D

Tipit owned server rocks :D

~M

Cool, I hope you are going to get rid of all of the annoying spam scripts. Starting with the ones which say "Woot Blah blah have now reached level 4 in cooking"

that is runescript bot. that is only activated by players with the code "!level cooking 4"

i dont see how it is a problem =\

it isnt leaving...

polarbeardaveyz9.png

Cool, I hope you are going to get rid of all of the annoying spam scripts. Starting with the ones which say "Woot Blah blah have now reached level 4 in cooking"

If you think that was annoying you're going to go insane with them allowing color now. It's text, you aren't dieing. If all else fails, /ignore.

It just went live today, some things are still getting tweaked and worked out, and the rush from the news post has made things a bit hellish, but it'll get better. :mrgreen:

I went and jumped to conclusions :| I joined the old channel and said :

* Now talking in #runescape

"* Topic is '#Runescape/Tip.it Chat have MOVED! (We're still G-Rated) Read here: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=550228'

* Set by Loge_05 on Sat Oct 07 17:03:30

Hi?

wow this is EMPTY!

stupid me.

irc.tip.it"

:oops: Jumped to conclusions...

copyofsigtuxtimenf0.png

no wai! my slapscript is ftw :3>

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Staff and new Ops have done some really good work. That includes Cruiser and Puremage_UK.

We hope you're pleased with the results. It will take some time to get everything fine-tuned just right, but things are looking really good.

I did somthing stupid and clicked "cancel" when my computer asked me if I wanted to allow this program to do whatevers for me.

I don't know how to allow it again!

I think trying tomorrow will defiantely work. In any case, although I have no idea how to use it, the window looks good. I'm loving the scrollbar.

tipitlessersigea3.png

I did somthing stupid and clicked "cancel" when my computer asked me if I wanted to allow this program to do whatevers for me.

I think trying tomorrow will defiantely work. In any case, although I have no idea how to use it, the window looks good. I'm loving the scrollbar.

Sounds like something about Server Priveleges... Head for your FireWall/etc. Controls and Allow it. Tip.It ain't gonna pull anything evil on you.

...........Or are they? :twisted: (Just kidding!)

Glad to hear you have a new chat server, tip.it!!!

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Sounds like something about Server Priveleges... Head for your FireWall/etc. Controls and Allow it. Tip.It ain't gonna pull anything evil on you.

...........Or are they? :twisted: (Just kidding!)

Glad to hear you have a new chat server, tip.it!!!

~Mr. Devnull

Its just java confirmation.

And i would like to psot this screenshot from the old chat:

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/157/ahhwh1.jpg

(Quit: tallest please come to the death altar, give me 1,337,000,000 gp, a golden tinderbox, and a spade, also steal one of zidanes phats and give it to me.

If you think that was annoying you're going to go insane with them allowing color now. It's text, you aren't dieing. If all else fails, /ignore.

It just went live today, some things are still getting tweaked and worked out, and the rush from the news post has made things a bit hellish, but it'll get better. :mrgreen:

If it is to bad I would just set-up a bit of CSS to block the colour.

Tried /ignore and it failed

If it is to bad I would just set-up a bit of CSS to block the colour.

Tried /ignore and it failed

You'd have to enable a specific client option, not available in the Java applet though.

In mIRC, you can go to Tools/Options, IRC > Messages, and check Bold, Underline, Color and Reverse in the 'Strip codes from incoming messages' group.

Also, /ignore is present on most IRC clients; if it is not, your client sucks and you should get another.

/whois UserNick

/ignore *!*@hostname-of.user.here.com

RuneScript now does not respond to public @commands and !level cooking 4. Do not talk without knowing what you talk about.

vaporeon-sig.png

As you see we made a few minor changes to irc.

1. is to allow colour

2. We are relaxing on our rules of chat slightly and they will be updated in a day or two.

One thing i do want to make clear now. Is two rules.

No Swearing and Please remember to ASK the user before private messaging them.

Regarding colours , yes we are allowing them but please don't abuse it ;)

Srcripts. they are allowed providing they are not illegal ones and not annoying other users.

We are trying to make Irc chat more fun for users we have a #trivia , #rsmarket, #runescape channels already . So any ideas would be welcome.

We also maybe letting clans have their own channels if they wish to have one with us. Please talk to me about that if you intested.

If you have any problems with IRC please either go to #help channel or if you can't get on at all, then post here and we will try and help you.

Have fun Guys!

Lightning

i wish i knew you were looking to start your own, iv had an IRC server set-up for months but no one uses it :/

Chuck Norris appeared in the "Street Fighter II" video game, but was removed by Beta Testers because every button caused him to do a roundhouse kick. When asked bout this "glitch," Norris replied, "That's no glitch."

siggehkr2.png

single_skill1134621574.png