New Tip.it IRC Server Discussion

The_Sith

when I try to start the conection, a java confirmation thingy pops up but I can't click on the accept button so I can't get a connection <.<

get mIRC its easy to use, and you dont have to use the built in chat on tip.it :D

Chuck Norris appeared in the "Street Fighter II" video game, but was removed by Beta Testers because every button caused him to do a roundhouse kick. When asked bout this "glitch," Norris replied, "That's no glitch."

siggehkr2.png

single_skill1134621574.png

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok the trivia room is fun and all but is there a chance to see rankings of people and also easier questions por favor. Alot of them ping because time is out.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

Ok the trivia room is fun and all but is there a chance to see rankings of people and also easier questions por favor. Alot of them ping because time is out.

I believe #trivia is run by cruiser instead of tipit, so you would have to talk to him.

~M

I believe #trivia is run by cruiser instead of tipit, so you would have to talk to him.

Yeah it's run by me. :P

There is a link to the scores list in the room topic you see when you join. It's updated automatically by the bot every 100 points, so it's fairly up to date while people are playing alot. The questions I have running are from a giant file offered on the scripts website. They have a RuneScape file (which I have mixed in with the other 108,000 questions :lol: ) but playing it by itself is rather easy and very short before you start seeing the same questions again.

If you or other's want to start building a question file for the room I'd gladly use it if it was large enough and varied enough to keep people interested. I just don't have the time to do it myself tho.

Just write the questions and answers one line at a time in a text file, seperated by a * if you want start working on one.

Example:

What kind of pie do dwarves like?*Red berry

Which city do you start out in when you die?*Lumbridge

(This may not be correct, just an example :P )

Edit: I'll also supply the current text file if anyone wants to check it for correctness and build off of it.

Thanks Cruiser, that helped alot. Maybe make a seperate topic for people to make trivia questions. I know what you mean by seeing some of the same questions over and over again.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

As you see we made a few minor changes to irc.

1. is to allow colour

2. We are relaxing on our rules of chat slightly and they will be updated in a day or two.

One thing i do want to make clear now. Is two rules.

No Swearing and Please remember to ASK the user before private messaging them.

Regarding colours , yes we are allowing them but please don't abuse it ;)

Srcripts. they are allowed providing they are not illegal ones and not annoying other users.

We are trying to make Irc chat more fun for users we have a #trivia , #rsmarket, #runescape channels already . So any ideas would be welcome.

We also maybe letting clans have their own channels if they wish to have one with us. Please talk to me about that if you intested.

If you have any problems with IRC please either go to #help channel or if you can't get on at all, then post here and we will try and help you.

Have fun Guys!

Lightning

Well ... your old rules were totally lame, I don't know which idiot started inventing pointless rules for the sake of it - for instance, I joined the channel once for some event, didnt check the tab for a few weeks and when I eventually did, I had been permanently banned for idling!

The new rules are already looking to be the same ...

Ask someone before msging them? The messages are supposed to be private, and not be announced in the channel - should we msg them to ask permission? If someone bugs you, you can put them on ignore, this is all that is needed.

Same with colours, they can be turned off if someone is being annoying (which they can't really be without breaking one of the other rules anyway).

Wtf is an "illegal script"?

Finally, the whole point of an irc server, is to allow people to create channels to talk in - but you're still only "considering" this?

Please stop making lame rules just for the sake of it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The irc server should not be hosted in the same place as the forums/website, if the forums/website are down people will go to the irc channel for information (not so useful if they are all down together).

mister_blobby

Sorry that we offended you in anway and it was me that banned you from the old server.

If i may explain to why.

You say our rules are lame over this idling, well i placed that rule myself as we have had incidents where we had a unknown user in irc and logged users ips/emails for lord knows what.

Now i am not saying you was doing that but i did not know you at all and you were constantly idle when i was there. I did try and contact you a number of times without sucess.

The idling you was doing was making our users nervious and so in the end i did place a ban on you.

Idling rule is still there but is being looked into tomorrow by myself as im setting new rules up for users.

Users now have a option to have a vhost as well if they concerned over their isp being shown to all users in irc. If you require a vhost , then please /join vhost channel and one of us will set you up one.

secruity is our main concern there and always will be, if that means that we have to have what some users think as lame rules, then it will happen i'm afriad...

some rules are being relaxed but i wil not finished writing them up until tomorrow, also bans are being dealt with differntly, most bans can now be dealt with in #banappeal channel unless you are k lined then you will have to go via website.

Also if you have a problem with a op/ channel owner or even a irc admin for that matter, we have added a option on our webiste to report such incidents and will be dealt by silverion and myself.

We aim to improve irc chat for users not to destroy it, now we have our own shell things can be done alot better rather than having to go via a 3 rd party host.

ANy problems or concerns and you do not wish to post here about them, you are all welcome to private message me about them.

Lightning

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Awesome! Maybe this will be better than some of the other channels i visit.

Not when power hungry mods kick and ban you for having the exact same name as in-game RS - Fook A Ji.

Only one mod, the rest have been fine for the several months I've been there.

Awesome! Maybe this will be better than some of the other channels i visit.

Not when power hungry mods kick and ban you for having the exact same name as in-game RS - Fook A Ji.

Only one mod, the rest have been fine for the several months I've been there.

I saw that in my away logs. Seems kinda silly to me. But I'm not an Op on Tip.It's channel so what I say doesn't matter in that aspect. -.-

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

I feel like I can't say anything in that chat. Almost as if I'm at school in a classroom with 2 or 3 teachers just waiting me to say anything that is in the least bit inappropriate just to kick me out.

Seriously, you mods need to lighten up. You're not that cool because you're a mod, no reason to take it THAT seriously.

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

• 4 weeks later...

I think they should make the guide a tiny bit more comprehensive for people who don't know the computer well (like me \' ) cuz I try to go on the chat and no one can hear what I say.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

I think they should make the guide a tiny bit more comprehensive for people who don't know the computer well (like me \' ) cuz I try to go on the chat and no one can hear what I say.

Well Tip.It doesn't have a bad guide. Click here for the Tip.It IRC guide.

The MIRC homepage has some good FAQs. Click here for the MIRC website.

If those don't help, try some Google searches.

3textsz2.png

< | Runehead | Learning Java Programming, Please PM Me Tips | Signature by Loaf2000 | >

• 3 weeks later...
Somehow I can't get on irc.tip.it anymore since I updated my SS :? Always says: Connection timed out (Ping) or something like that.

I'll bet anything it has something to do with the adverts, not with Tip.It ... :|

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

• 1 month later...