Waste of money vs. best spent money

Oy_the_Great

I'm one of those guys that don't randomly buy stuff, but try to balance what to buy and what not. But there are things that I spent my money on that were a plain waste. Other things you buy, simply because you feel like having it, often make my day. Since I'm a music fanatic, I often spend the little bit of cash I have on CDs or collector's books and not a single penny I spent on music has been a wasted one. I've had the albums the Sophtware Slump and Under the Western Freeway from Grandaddy, Soulwax: Nite versions and 10,000 days and Lateralus from Tool for quite some time, but a copied version.

I don't really feel obliged to buying all albums, but if you claim to be a fan yet don't have a single original CD from a band, you're hardly a fan at all. So I bought those 2 albums from Tool (ÃÆââââ¬Ã¡Ãâì9.5 each only :)) to add to Aenima, which I already had. I didn't expect anything but the same great music from the albums; after all most of my CDs are just good music in a plastic package. So are 4 of the albums I bought now.

But Lateralus and especially 10,000 days are not just plastic packages; they're works of Art, with a capital A. I'm not going to bother too much explaining what it is and why it's so beautiful, but I can tell you it's just as inspiring and refreshing as the music inside.

So there you have it: 19 euros spent on 2 of the best albums ever made. 19 euros to refresh your life. It almost sounds like a commercial from some multinatonal that offers you sugar with bubbles. At this moment, I can't be more satisfied with my purchase.

If every euro I'd spend would result in this; my life would be better than perfect. And it sure isn't. I'm rather confident a ÃÆââââ¬Ã¡Ãâì20,000 car won't change my life too much. But I don't need a car, yet, so the biggest waste of my money would be the hundreds of euros I spent on a gameboy when I was about 10. I never really used the thing.

What are your best purchases and when did you really throw your money down the drain? Think em out carefully and learn something from it :)

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

Bottled water in a western country imported from overseas with a huge cargo aeroplane that burns tons of fuel on the water's way from a fountain/waterfall/river to the consumer. Biggest waste of money ever, I just don't get it. :-k

On a general level, probably one of the best purchases I made was a portable MP3 player and a USB-powered battery recharger. Pure awesomeness.

I havent made a great purchase yet but I know what one of my big waste of money was. Buying the Sims 2 on computer. I enjoyed it at first but I hardly play it anymore. It was around $100 Au and i'm 13 without a job so money isnt easily aquired for me :(

My best purchases ever have been my guitar and my iPod I guess.

Interestingly, I consider alcohol to be both my best spent money and my biggest waste. I can have the greatest night ever (well spent), but wake up ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã100 in the hole and with nothing to show for it.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

Hmm.. interesting topic.

I'd have to say my best spent money would be my 6600GT for my computer. (and other various PC purchases). I've been on it enough to more than warrent the 140$ I spent on this card a while back :) .

My worst purchase? I'm sure there are those random things I've gotten just for the hell of it. However, my worst would probaly be getting "Desert of Flames" for Everquest II when I played. It went like this:

Me: Hey, EQ2 is a good game! I'm going to get the expansion pack i'm missing so I have it when I get 5 more levels.

Me about a week later: Well.. I got 2 levels. Man, EQ2 is horrible *lists long list of reasons*.

Ended up quiting without even really being able to use the damn expansion pack :x . I think I wandered around the area once or twice and that was it.

I think it has been my mini-disc player, when they just got out. Or my cell-phone which I pay 20 euros a month and hardly use. Those are the worst, perhaps a nintendo 64 game I never played or something.

My movies are my best purchases. They mean a lot to me, and each and every one has some special value added to it.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

My best purchase was probably my iPod, which I don't know how I lived without, or my table tennis table which i've had a lot of good use out of with friends and family.

It's hard to say what my worst was, probably a pink sweater that I bought because it looked good in the shop but never really wore it.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

My best purchases ever have been my guitar and my iPod I guess.

Interestingly, I consider alcohol to be both my best spent money and my biggest waste. I can have the greatest night ever (well spent), but wake up ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã100 in the hole and with nothing to show for it.

Except an absolutely splitting headache and vomit on your bedsheets if you spent that much on booze!

I don't know what my best purchase was really. I don't really buy things by halves, I save up and then spend it all in one go. For example, recently I have bought a new phone, new iPod, ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã300 kite, ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã165 kiteboard, and a Drum kit costing close to a grand. Most of that has been bought within the last 6 months, whereas that money should really be going towards University funds, so you could say that it's a waste of money.

However, I must say that the biggest waste of money has got to be my old iPod. It borke withing a few months and somehow Apple thought they could charge me for repairing their faulty product. ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã170 to be precise. I just said 'Sod it' and bought a new video one!

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

My USB stick; I've kept all my writings on it, when the comp broke down I didn't lose anything. It was pretty cheap, about 12 quid, sooo glad I got it!!!

The thousands of pokemon cards up in my closet.

Heh.. I remember back when one of the cards was worth like $300 USD on eBay and I got the card in a pack. I wanted to sell it so badly but my mom said I couldn't (I was young and didn't want to get in touble) so I ended up just keeping it because someone told me it would be worth more in the future.. Damn, were they wrong <.< I don't know what happened to most of my cards.. I cut some of them up, burned some, etc.

My best purchase..Possibly my computer. I spent $1500 on it and I've been happy with it since I got it in March. Though I did some research after buying it and relised I'd payed far more than the parts were worth.. <.<

Heh.. I remember back when one of the cards was worth like $300 USD on eBay and I got the card in a pack. I wanted to sell it so badly but my mom said I couldn't (I was young and didn't want to get in touble) so I ended up just keeping it because someone told me it would be worth more in the future.. Damn, were they wrong <.< I don't know what happened to most of my cards.. I cut some of them up, burned some, etc.

My best purchase..Possibly my computer. I spent $1500 on it and I've been happy with it since I got it in March. Though I did some research after buying it and relised I'd payed far more than the parts were worth.. <.<

Ha! Yeah, I'm just holding on to mine in case they somehow become more valuable on the future.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

My USB stick; I've kept all my writings on it, when the comp broke down I didn't lose anything. It was pretty cheap, about 12 quid, sooo glad I got it!!!

I had one, but it ran away somewhere... I also got an iPod a couple months ago, and just recently Apple dropped the price 50 dollars... and I wish I'd gotten a video one, not a nano, but whatever. And I barely have enough music to warrant even owning an iPod... but Christmas is coming up soon...

- Np Tyler

Bottled water in a western country imported from overseas with a huge cargo aeroplane that burns tons of fuel on the water's way from a fountain/waterfall/river to the consumer. Biggest waste of money ever, I just don't get it. :-k

Ooo, that reminds me of the Fiji Water imported directly from Fiji I had. :P

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

uh, i think you mean I, yes me, not you, got that card! it was a haligraphic (sp?) first edition Charizard.... i remember we were eating ice cream when i opened it :D and that was like 4ish years ago

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

smilies-29580.pngTalk about coincidence...I was thinking exactly about that, my father left a bottle at our house and right now I'm drinking a protein shake off it. Yeah, the one with silver colored letters and a nice waterfall landscape inside the bottle. But still, I think a waste of money.

I just love the ironic comments about it... Yes, people do rate this stuff.

Edit- Comment #4, rofl..

smilies-29580.pngTalk about coincidence...I was thinking exactly about that, my father left a bottle at our house and right now I'm drinking a protein shake off it. Yeah, the one with silver colored letters and a nice waterfall landscape inside the bottle. But still, I think a waste of money.

I just love the ironic comments about it... Yes, people do rate this stuff.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I took it from my grandparents who got it for free from some real estate convention.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

My ihome! best 150 canadian i ever spent, I love it to bits, its quite a piece of work,heres a pic :3> ( its not mine, just an example)

ihome-ih5.jpg

The worst thing i have ever spent money on was some of my gamecube video games. They realllly suck :XD:

hows the weather up there. where the rich people live. currently, in the poor area its -1.

Best spent: My lappy, Halo2 (houuuuurs of good times with friends), my education, and this coat I just bought for $60 (CAD) that looks incredible, has a fur (not real fur :P) inlay - it keeps you warm like a winter coat but looks like a stylish fall.... thing.

Worst spent: Can't think of anything to be honest - maybe a few CDs I took a chance on and lost, but nothing big. I'm pretty careful with my money.

summerpngwy6.jpg