Your heritage/background?

Viktorkrum77

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was born in London, England, so I dunno whether that makes me 100% English.

Anyway umm. There's Italian, German, and Canadian in there too; my dad's ancestors were originally from those countries as far as I know. However I do have a family tree which goes back 19 generations. Every child/marriage/death/birth et cetera has been added so far. So yes.. it's my mum's side on that family tree, so my mum is fully English.

Oh yes and all the names on the tree seem to be English; William, Bertram, Reginald...that kind of name lol.

I'm not sure about the percents...I think 60% Taiwanese, 40% Chinese. My dad was born in Hong Kong, but it was a British territory at that time, so he's technically a British citizen. My mom and I were both born in Taiwan. My sister was born in Boston, although she is older than me.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

By blood, I'm chinese. However I got some weird mixture from my ancertors such as:

Chinese, Cantonese and Taiwanese blood from my mother's side.

Chinese, Hunanese, thailandese and Assimilated Chinese Mongol{mostly hunnic descendant from the last family book I've read} from my father's side.

By religion:

My mother's atheist and my father's more buddhist orinented. I used to follow some of the customs but I stopped a long time ago.

By law:

I'm french Canadian chinese. Point finale.

I'm not culturally pure since I live in Quebec with a french Canadian and asian background all mix up together. I only use 4 of those cultures among the 6 others I haven't done anything with them {I mix up with other crowds of people I hang around with different cultures.}

-=Aznhuskarl=- Cleric

-=20Cent=- Juggernaught

More to come...

I'm mainly Swedish, I'm like everything though but I don't wanna make a big big list.

I was born and raised in America though.

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï(ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâú_o)/ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï

doomdeathyz5.gif

german (~35%), polish(~35%), scottish (~20%), other (~10%)

<the49ronin> O_o methinks ard is acting mighty high and pretty -.-

<Ard_Choille> I am pretty

<Ard_Choille> fo shizzle

I'm a mix of Jewish and what the Argonauts were. You know that story, Jason and the Argonauts - Greek mythology, I think? My grandfather descended from them.

Er... I'm also 100% awesome. I don't know what country that is so don't ask me.

I'm jewish too, and as much as it seems like we're a race, technically it's still a religion. Besides being jewish, what countries do your parents/gparents/ggparents date back to?

Hmm, well, when most people use "Jewish" like that, they probably mean the ghettos of eastern europe :P I mean, i have an Iranian Jewish friend for example, and there are plenty of Safardic (sp?) jews out there, but often when people refer to their "Jewish culture" they refer to their ashkenazic background. :) And it makes sense, because the background was so interbred (i.e. ashkenazic jews only married other ashkenazic jews) that Jews are at higher or lower genetic predispositions to various diseases, etc, and have other genetic similarities.

That said, my family's pretty much from the Jewish ghettos of Eastern Europe, until they had to leave there for America because they were, uhh, being killed (pogroms and stuff, way before WWII).

So Russia, Poland, the former Czechoslovakia, Romania, Austria, Hungary, even a little bit of Dutch in me :P

Everybody hug and spread the love :D

siggypooro0.jpg

Guest GhostRanger
I'm a mix of Jewish and what the Argonauts were. You know that story, Jason and the Argonauts - Greek mythology, I think? My grandfather descended from them.

Er... I'm also 100% awesome. I don't know what country that is so don't ask me.

I'm jewish too, and as much as it seems like we're a race, technically it's still a religion. Besides being jewish, what countries do your parents/gparents/ggparents date back to?

It's actually both. There's lots of discussion about it and what not, but I think Wiki summarizes it best:

Generally, in modern secular usage, Jews include three groups: people who practice Judaism and have a Jewish ethnic background (sometimes including those who do not have strictly matrilineal descent), people without Jewish parents who have converted to Judaism; and those Jews who, while not practicing Judaism as a religion, still identify themselves as Jewish by virtue of their family's Jewish descent and their own cultural and historical identification with the Jewish people.

Great-Great Granfather and back=Italian

Great Grandfather, Grandfather, Father=Argentine.

8-)

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg