Anyone else notice the likeness?

Dork

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, this is like the 20th thread this week comparing something in Runescape to an item in real life.

First there was LKV, then TQSS (which we had a recent huge outbreak of), and I'm getting a feeling a new disease needs to be diagnosed...

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Uh, it is possible that both masks are based on the actual human skull with the jaw removed? It's not like Harry Potter invented human bones.

Yes I can understand how they're both just skulls.. But it's the idea of modifying a skull and wearing it on your head. Not just the object itself.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Lol yes -.- I think we've all noticed many similarities between things IRL and in Runescape but this sort of.. Crossed the line for me. It'd be nice if Jagex would come up with something at least remotely original for once :roll:

They did, RuneScape.

Ha, Runescape is based on tons of RL things. People, fishes, names of places/people. Runescape the name is the only thing I've found original :wink: Except for you can have something in your bank for like 2 years and still eat to gain XP :uhh:

Well, if you're gunna be like that, they're copying halloween :roll:

but yea, too close to call a conincidence. But this is part of jagex's sense of humor...

Give me anything in any game and I bet I can find SOMEthing that relates to RL SOME how. Of course you can make a line where there are no dots. As some one else said, its a skull, not like Harry Potter invented that.

I just noticed this post, and I thought of one. Compare three Gnomes riding around on a Giant Battle Tortoise and firing off spells to something in real life. Also to anyone who doesn't believe me, go outside Tree Gnome Stronghold, you'll see them.

I'm sorry Cotamatias, but I just had to type this :mrgreen: Anyways, I'm done now. Gonna go do math homework <.<

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

Heres another likeness. Think about the Jack O' Lantern Helmet. Now take a gander at this.

sleepy4wf9.jpg

Notice anything? Its the Headless Horseman from Sleepy Hollow, in case any of you don't know. I know its not on his head now, but we read Sleepy Hollow in my English class, and sometimes he does put the Jack O' Lantern where his head should be.

Lol my friend thought of wearing ghostly robes and the jack o lantern head which kind of resembles that.

Runescape isn't an MMORPG It's an MMOG since when was the last time actually did some roleplaying in this game? and don;t give me that crap about it being the character you control. Your character takes on your personality, in short, it's a virtual you. the only difference is your character has a limit to what he can do.

MarkNoZeros.png

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.

Your character takes on your personality, in short, it's a virtual you. the only difference is your character has a limit to what he can do.

Congratulations, you just described the meaning of an MMORPG.. :roll:

You play the roll of an adventurer/fighter/slayer/lumberman/whatever else you can do. What exactly do you think an MMORPG is, if not that? :roll:

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

Lol, this is like the 20th thread this week comparing something in Runescape to an item in real life.

im so confused. dont mean to pick on you personaly, rather, i am just using what you said as an example.

what makes something that happens in a movie more irl than runescape? i just dont understand why people think runescape isnt real, if it wasnt a part of "irl" i think it would be non-existant.

back on subject, i dont think they are related really. its just a human skull minus the lower mandible.

p9793481.gif

p8170253.gif

Your character takes on your personality, in short, it's a virtual you. the only difference is your character has a limit to what he can do.

Congratulations, you just described the meaning of an MMORPG.. :roll:

You play the roll of an adventurer/fighter/slayer/lumberman/whatever else you can do. What exactly do you think an MMORPG is, if not that? :roll:

An MMOAG.

Known formerly as Ameoba3000.

Now known as Vigoss.

im so confused. dont mean to pick on you personaly, rather, i am just using what you said as an example.

what makes something that happens in a movie more irl than runescape? i just dont understand why people think runescape isnt real, if it wasnt a part of "irl" i think it would be non-existant.

back on subject, i dont think they are related really. its just a human skull minus the lower mandible.

That is true. The point I'm making is that a month or two ago there were almost no threads of this kind, but now it seems there is quite a few :-s ...

Topics just seem to catch on, whether people mean to do it or not- as in that time when Leesters posted a karma thread and everyone was making karma threads one after the other, and recently with the quitting threads, and this new subject as well. This kind of thing has happened quite a few times, and not just in those examples listed :-s .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

D2550.jpg

lets not forget the pumpkin tree, suprized this wasnt brought up, a pumpkin mask *and* skeleton armor and no one made a nightmare before xmas reference?!

and also oggie boogie turned into a weird house demon thing as one of the bosses in kingdom hearts, soz i cant find a picture but the resemblence is uncanny :-k

my site(not much on it yet :p)

Chibois2.gif

I also noticed that, Have you also realised they made a few line look like the song 'Ghost Busters'? Like Diango say who are we gonna call, then you say, me, I aint afraid of no ghost and on the main page it say 'Look out ghosts! Evil trees beware! Runescapians know exactly who they are gonna call!'

EDIT: sorry I just read the whole thread you can ignore my bit except about the H.P bit

Apcrump0.png

OMG THEY STOLE THE IDEA OF BEING A HUMAN FROM GOD! WHY CAN'T WE BE ARACHNIFISH??!?!? JAGEX IS SO UNORIGINAL! GAWD.

Even though your Caps Lock button seems to be broken, I couldn't agree with you more.

Can any of you guys explain to me how you could ever make a halloween based event without it ever sort of looking like something that was done before in some movie/tv show/book. Do you go around your nearest mall with halloween shooting "omg that's so unoriginal, you so ripped that from Harry Potter!"

By the way, how can you think the skull mask from Harry Potter is original in any way? People have been wearing skull masks since the freaking stone age and you claim the author of Harry Potter is the first to think of it =;

Stop your whining. Jagex made a really good Halloween event and if all you can do is complain, go play another game.

paintdry6yn.png

forceny5.png

Haven't played RuneScape since 12 january 2007 and it feels great :)

Stop your whining. Jagex made a really good Halloween event and if all you can do is complain, go play another game.

If that was directed at me, which I assume it was because I made the thread, please show me one post where I stated it bad that it's unoriginal? Oh, you can't? Because I didn't? Exactly. I was merely pointing out the likeness between the death eater mask, and the new halloween mask, as I thought some people would find it interesting.

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

Isn't it the same thing for that old show, Something, the Protector of the Universe or something? :-k

[The skeleton guy, Skeletor] .. Yeah, I used to watcha newer version of it when I was like 8

If I recall, I believe that was Thundercats...

Don't ask how I'd remember that...

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

OMG THEY STOLE THE IDEA OF BEING A HUMAN FROM GOD! WHY CAN'T WE BE ARACHNIFISH??!?!? JAGEX IS SO UNORIGINAL! GAWD.

Even though your Caps Lock button seems to be broken, I couldn't agree with you more.

Can any of you guys explain to me how you could ever make a halloween based event without it ever sort of looking like something that was done before in some movie/tv show/book. Do you go around your nearest mall with halloween shooting "omg that's so unoriginal, you so ripped that from Harry Potter!"

By the way, how can you think the skull mask from Harry Potter is original in any way? People have been wearing skull masks since the freaking stone age and you claim the author of Harry Potter is the first to think of it =;

To tell the truth, I dont see anyone complaining it's unorginal. If anyones complaining it's you and everyone else who thinks that the new skull mask "is not" the snake eater mask.

Everyone else is just making dandy comparisons

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

Isn't it the same thing for that old show, Something, the Protector of the Universe or something? :-k

[The skeleton guy, Skeletor] .. Yeah, I used to watcha newer version of it when I was like 8

Err, Nope, it was He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. He-Man's arch-enemy was Skeletor who indeed had a skull for a face - though from memory he did have a bottom jaw and I don't think it was a mask :)

The Thundercats arch-enemy was Mumra the ever-living.

Anyway that's enough of that before I get a reputation :oops:

Back on topic there's a whole heap of examples of skull masks of one description or another IRL, all most all of the pre-dating Harry Potter. In fairness there's a limit to what you can do with a skull mask - removing the lower jaw is one of the very few variations possible on a full skull face. Since skeleton costumes are one of the archetypal Halloween costumes it's near impossible to follow custom *and* be original at the same time....

Mordendravid.png

Give me anything in any game and I bet I can find SOMEthing that relates to RL SOME how. Of course you can make a line where there are no dots. As some one else said, its a skull, not like Harry Potter invented that.

I just noticed this post, and I thought of one. Compare three Gnomes riding around on a Giant Battle Tortoise and firing off spells to something in real life. Also to anyone who doesn't believe me, go outside Tree Gnome Stronghold, you'll see them.

I'm sorry Cotamatias, but I just had to type this :mrgreen: Anyways, I'm done now. Gonna go do math homework <.<

Touche'(Cant do real accents :wall: ) Will think about that and come back to you at the end of school, I can find something some how.

Qizx2- Archmage

Personnumber100- Warlock for life.

Would you?

Err, Nope, it was He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. He-Man's arch-enemy was Skeletor who indeed had a skull for a face - though from memory he did have a bottom jaw and I don't think it was a mask :)

The Thundercats arch-enemy was Mumra the ever-living.

Anyway that's enough of that before I get a reputation :oops:

Man I like the cartoons in that time... I really liked the sword thing and the whole metamorphosis... Aaaah, those were the days (80's)....

Furthermore, a "real" movie was made of He-man and the Masters of the Universe, starring Dolf Lundgren.

Yes, it was bad.

Yes, I saw it a gazillion times.

Yes, I have no life....

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

Between the new halloween mask and the death eater mask?

dembd3.png

Or just me, being the harry potter nerd that I am? :oops:

lol thats true...

but, did you notice the mask in the movie looks nothing like what she described in the book? actually the death eaters look nothing like how she described them...

sigjicu0.gif

Touche'(Cant do real accents :wall: ) Will think about that and come back to you at the end of school, I can find something some how.

Here you are cotamatias:

gnomedc0.jpg

Manorware pottery dating back to roughly 1970's... Granted he's not casting magic spells but hey. Also in general, the concept of riding on the back of a tortoise is not novel - Darwin was alleged to have done so when he visited the Galapagos Islands in 1835...

Mordendravid.png