Player Mods.

Guest V

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest arkdemon

they are a normal player just making sure no 1 is scamming althou somtimes i think the get away with selling stuff for more expensive or buying cheaper cause they'er mods :?

otherwise they do a great job ::'

Both. Both P-Mods and Jagex have the same mindset to the game and it's rules. They want to enfoce the rules so that the game is fair and fun for the majority of people. So, they are both tools of Jagex, but tools that choose to be so.

(FYI: I'm using 'tools' lightly there. Not like they're getting played or anything but simply as a way in which Jagex is able to get help from a valuable resource.)

Slack_Tide.png

I'm a player mod and I find myself as a normal player, just that Jagex notices my reports more than others.

P-Mods aren't really a policing force and they don't have to help other players if they don't want to.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

I always thought Jagex hated pures but yesterday saw a p mod called zezz1me, called him a noob for obvious reasons and am now awaiting a mute or ban lol :) (didn't know he was a mod)

I would imagine he gets called it alot though :P

Quit Runescape 10 jan 2007 - Playing again 2012

Ronnyuk.png

4842295.png

I always thought Jagex hated pures but yesterday saw a p mod called zezz1me, called him a noob for obvious reasons and am now awaiting a mute or ban lol :) (didn't know he was a mod)

There are so many things wrong with that post... One- You can't get banned for calling someon a noob... Two- You called him a noob because of his name? Big whoop... Who cares if he wants to be like Zezima, technically everyone does (The 99 all skill part.) And by calling him a noob that makes you the noob :wink:

maxsig28nv.gif

I'd say neither. A lot do want to be pmods purely "to help," but I'd say the vast majority want to be pmods for the status it comes with. That's why you have so many wannabe pmods nowadays flooding jagex with every single reportable action that they think in their head has the slightest chance of working, taking the quantity over quality approach.

To your "tools of the system" question - I wouldn't say so. They willingly take up the job, so if they feel used I'd imagine they'd just resign. The perks in their mind have to outweigh any feeling of being used, otherwise there wouldn't be any reason to continue being a pmod for them.

Mods are people that are there to try and make the game more fun for everyone by trying to cut down on rule breaking. For example when what happened in fally on 6/6/06 the mods where trying to stop people dieing with things like party hats by telling them to bank their stuff so that they wouldnt lose it all and become upset.

Player Moderators are normal players of the game, just like you. They still play to complete quests and increase their levels but since they have shown themselves to be a trustworthy and active reporter, they have been invited by Jagex to monitor the game while they are playing and to take appropriate action when they see rule breaking.

aaron+e4.png

Finaly I can wield drag weapons.

There are so many things wrong with that post... One- You can't get banned for calling someon a noob... Two- You called him a noob because of his name? Big whoop... Who cares if he wants to be like Zezima, technically everyone does (The 99 all skill part.) And by calling him a noob that makes you the noob :wink:

Oh yes you can, and it has happened before :)

It's one thing wanting to be like a player, it's another to call yourself it, oh and yeah I don't mind being called a noob :)

Quit Runescape 10 jan 2007 - Playing again 2012

Ronnyuk.png

4842295.png

I'd say neither. A lot do want to be pmods purely "to help," but I'd say the vast majority want to be pmods for the status it comes with. That's why you have so many wannabe pmods nowadays flooding jagex with every single reportable action that they think in their head has the slightest chance of working, taking the quantity over quality approach.

To your "tools of the system" question - I wouldn't say so. They willingly take up the job, so if they feel used I'd imagine they'd just resign. The perks in their mind have to outweigh any feeling of being used, otherwise there wouldn't be any reason to continue being a pmod for them.

I'll have to agree with that first point at least.

I would also like to be a pmod, and I could easily see why I could be one. I want to help, I try to never offend people in any way, I report all scammers etc - But still it's that small priority I want, the Silver crown. It's just that cool :P

Uula.png

I believe that they are just regular players. I'm friends with two Mods (met one through Tip.It :mrgreen: ) and they're both very nice guys who just play the game.

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

Yeah most of us just wanna help out. Of course there's the ocassional I-just-want-to-look-cool-with-a-crown-without-me-caring-what-I-do-to-the-Runescape-community guy, but the vast majority are good guys =)

MY BEST ITEM IS A BRONSE COIN! I KILLED ZEZIMA AND HE DROPED IT!

It's one thing wanting to be like a player, it's another to call yourself it, oh and yeah I don't mind being called a noob :)

Wow.. you obviously don't know much about runescape if you think people get banned for calling others noobs LOL.

EnEx.png

Fire cape owner since September 25th, 2006.

I'm not a report crazy player mod. And I try to help, but frankly I'm tired of helping. I don't feel like being a tool as I only report what I see when it comes by me. I don't go hunting for it so for that reason I'm not a tool. On the other hand I'm not really an average player that wants to "help." Helping people with reports or other issues I'm glad to do as those are simple, but explaining every aspect of the game is tiresome. So I just see my self as an average player that's just an average player. (The truth is sometimes I actually forget I'm a player mod because I usually only talk on private chat and only answer in public when I'm directed out exactly).

~allmonkey

p.s. this doesn't seem the least bit readible to me (and btw I can't spell).

Sc.png

I'm not a report crazy player mod. And I try to help, but frankly I'm tired of helping. I don't feel like being a tool as I only report what I see when it comes by me. I don't go hunting for it so for that reason I'm not a tool. On the other hand I'm not really an average player that wants to "help." Helping people with reports or other issues I'm glad to do as those are simple, but explaining every aspect of the game is tiresome. So I just see my self as an average player that's just an average player. (The truth is sometimes I actually forget I'm a player mod because I usually only talk on private chat and only answer in public when I'm directed out exactly).

~allmonkey

p.s. this doesn't seem the least bit readible to me (and btw I can't spell).

what you said pretty much covers it. im a payer mod as well, but i dont go out looking for trouble to deal with. i see myself as a normal player first, and a player mod second. i have the right to be a normal player and not help everyone that asks me the direction to varrock. i can use my discretion to help and report who i want.

and to those that want to be a pmod: the crown isnt all its cracked up to be. its often a source of more problems than solutions. most veteran mods will tell you this (especially f2p mods).

Stallion4589.png

They are regular players with some uncontrollable advantages.

Such as ... Hmm who should I trade? The normal player or that Player Mod offering the same price?

Player Mods chat is seen even on 'off, friends, or hide'.

They also have disadvantages like being consistently asked questions about the game and the crown etc.

I think the pros and cons are about even.

Some are just tools... But others understand the game very well and help others out

Just report 20+ people a day and you should be getting that letter (that about 90% of people that play rs want for some reason...:roll: :roll:) in your inbox asking you to become a P Mod in no time

homerhc6.jpg

Respect- Oy_the_Great, Lode, Bubsa, Weezcake, Thrash111, Gloric, Vmser, Pianofrieak2, Runemetsa

Sigs Made By - Pink

Wow.. you obviously don't know much about runescape if you think people get banned for calling others noobs LOL.

Actually my mate called another guy a noob, and he got reported for it and got a black mark, so Im sure if it happens often enough, yes you can get banned :)

There are a fairly amount of player mods that do their job. They help if there are real problems, they try to be polite and friendly in every situation.

But what bothers me that much is the fact that some people change after recieving that silver crown before their name. They suddenly have another attitude, feel themselves better than others etc.

I, and many others, think it would be better that JAGeX removes the crown in front of the player mods their name. Not only the people who only do it for the silver crown in front of their name won't wanna be it anymore, but also rule breakers will get caught more easily because they cannot quickly stop their illegal actions when seeing a player mod talking on chat.

signature4s.jpg