Tip.It Times Presents: On Beggars and Begging...

Kiara_Kat

good article, as usual. beggars either people new to the game who don't know that virtually every way of making money is better (hehe, except one friend who bought stuff from shops with high stock, then world hopped and sold it to a shop with low stock #-o ) or people who are too lazy to earn stuff on their own and deserve to be trodden on by society \' In many cases, real life and rs, people end up begging instead of doing something that could easily get them out of their predicament. Why? I am afraid I don't know....

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have finally come up with a reply to the often heard "flying? do you have some free *law runes*(this could be anything but for the sake of this post...) that i could have?" my now standard reply that really has seemed to work for the most part is "Gee no, I have not found where to get them free yet.. but if you find it would you tell me? cause i hve had to work for mine up to this point..." and while it is a bit of typing... that one reply or words to that effect, have yet to cause me to have to type one more thing on the topic... wonder how long this will last... lol

I remember stuff Id used to do to beggars... back in my f2p days in full rune and zombie mask.... They'd ask for free stuff so I take off all my rune and tell them "why are you asking me I have nothing look at me Im poor as hell" some variation on that and when they ask why my head is green I just take mask off (I used to tell them but it got annoying) and ask them just what are they talking about and if they ate shrooms for lunch. Well not the shrooms part....

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I agree. I've played games, where you can cheat, and when you do, its no fun at all. It's fun to be like "omg I hit 10k damage" *rpg's*... but then it's just boring. It's like... that was too easy.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

yea, they can get really annoying when some random comes up asking for ONE MIL! im like no noob, then my FRIEND comes up to me begging for 20k! i cant believe it! then i see a lvl 56 in cw with a darn whip! he keeps going "u n00b y cant u get a wh!p@@@" i mean, whips rnt everything, and i take security VERY seriously. i never have more than 50k in my inventory, i have a 15-character password, and i dont think i ever want a whip, coz if i get hacked...its going straight out. so, for the time being, i'll stick with my dragon scimmy...

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

I've been playing Runescape for nearly 3 years now and the begging issue has always been around. I've definately have had my fair share of them. Much like there are people loafing around in American society that live off government, use loop holes, and never try to be a great citizen also occur in Runescape. Granted both RL and RS are different in several respects, the thing that remains constant is the factor of human interaction. Will there ever be a real solution to beggers? No. (Though a funny one would be to have beggers frozen after the second offense :P) However, what gets me are the saps that make a lvl 3 account just for the sake of begging! I've had a few friends make female accounts and leech off new players. It's a real shame to see them begging for bronze. (This should be punishabe by the first offense :P)

Glad to see the editor comment on begging. Maybe if the article was publicized somehow to target the beggers ("Who wants a free whip and 1k sharks?!?!" *insert begging article here*), then maybe the word would spread.

zanex37.png

i never have more than 50k in my inventory, i have a 15-character password, and i dont think i ever want a whip, coz if i get hacked...its going straight out. so, for the time being, i'll stick with my dragon scimmy...

1. You don't say, 50k? I would be amazed if I could live off 50k lol

2. 15 character pass? This is information you SHOULDN'T give out. Makes it easier for someone to guess your pass if they know the length of your pass. Think of the billions of possibilities they could skip.

3. I think you worry a little too much about account security. I've never been hacked and from my experience, those who get hacked are the ones who tell their friends about runescape and use similar passwords across the internet. Anyone who is a serious hacker wouldn't waste thier time on a game, but instead on some government agency or business :P

***Sorry for being off topic x_O;;

zanex37.png

one of the best articles ive read (it got me onto the forums to comment about it lol) all so true what really annoys me is when someone calls you lucky - ive worked for it ive spent hours and days training, lucky??? no way. begging is a permenant issue though i think it should become the 15th commandment of runescape ("thau shalt not beg for phr33 st0ph") there is very little you can do to stop noobs like this

I quote:-

"It's up to you to make your own way with whatever tools and talents you have. Some of us have more tools and talents than others, and while that might seem unfair, life is basically unfair"

All I Am Going To Say Is:-

"That Really Touched Me",

Perfectly Wrote With Exceedingly Good Grammer And Punctuality.

I Enjoyed Reading Every Word Of This Interesting Edition Of The *Tip-Ip Times*

2. 15 character pass? This is information you SHOULDN'T give out. Makes it easier for someone to guess your pass if they know the length of your pass. Think of the billions of possibilities they could skip.

True, but also think that even if you use ordinary letters, A-Z, the number of combinations is 26^15. Thats......a lot. Over one and a half trillion billion combinations.

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

Guest arkdemon

i rly liked this artical in the time a person spends begging they could have earned something

when some 1 asks me for stuff i just say go earn it i work for my stuff y should they just get it free?

hey! who says runecrafting is a bad way to make money!?!? ive made millions using it! eg. buy 20k normal ess, use my 60 runecrafting to turn it into 120k airs and sell. Cost of ess: 600k ..... total money from selling the airs 2.4m ........ total profit made: 1.8m plus runecrafting experience. glad i got that off my chest! i totally agree with the editor, begging gets you nowhere, and getting everything for free is worse than getting something you worked hard for.

Lil Moo1

i am the one and only moo

i never have more than 50k in my inventory, i have a 15-character password, and i dont think i ever want a whip, coz if i get hacked...its going straight out. so, for the time being, i'll stick with my dragon scimmy...

1. You don't say, 50k? I would be amazed if I could live off 50k lol

3. I think you worry a little too much about account security. I've never been hacked and from my experience, those who get hacked are the ones who tell their friends about runescape and use similar passwords across the internet. Anyone who is a serious hacker wouldn't waste thier time on a game, but instead on some government agency or business :P

***Sorry for being off topic x_O;;

I agree totally been playing for 3 years also and never been hacked. all you really need to do is never tell anyone your password and thats pretty much it. And also playing on a mac helps alot no hackers :thumbsup:

prospektssigza4.jpg

A very interesting topic, and fitting for me as im finally getting to the level that people start to beg from, yay {/} sarcasm {/}. I think the majority of it is because people dont have friend that help them out enough

My example is this, since my very beginning i had help from a friend, hes alwasy been higher level than me and known alot more, heck he even told me about tip it, and once when i got defence to 40 he gave me 100k toward full rune, for a f2per that was a lot for me. The truth however is the help and advice he has given me other the years has been worht infinetely more; he has tought me the basics, and all i need right up to today - i recently ventured to barrows under his tuition yays.

In turn this has had good effects, i helped out a friend who needed cash for merchanting and thereby prevented him having to beg and i really dont mind helping somebody i know, what i think most object to with beggars is the fact they are unknowns until hey think they can profit from you

So overall the topic excellent, a few writing style errors for me personally (such as the overuse of brackets, and don't point out the irony of me putting this statement in brackets its deliberate :P) but thats just me being a pedantic english lit student. Well done Editor =D>

*edit* having proof read my post my style is similarly lacking but its late and i genuinly cannot be bothered to stylise, its understandable, it'll do (yes i realise my hypocrisy) <-- ah brackets!! :ohnoes:

I think the majority of it is because people dont have friend that help them out enough

good post but one thing... not having a friend to help you out isnt a good excuse for them to beg ... my friend who showed me was there to help me in the 1st hour but after that i was on my own since he didnt login for a few months

addymthiefcape,j%20maximvs.gif

j%20maximvs.gif

j%20maximvs.gif

I'm new to these just made an account... I always read the Tip.it Times and, as usual, this was great. Beggars are so irritating :wall: My brother's friends from school think I'm so great at lvl 93 and all they do is beg. I hate the phrase "plz" it makes you look so stupid! I doubt that begging will ever end.

(/\) | |\| |)

windegorn.png

Great Article!!

I have 85 Slayer and i wish i got a pound for everytime i heard "Can i have a free whip?" COMMON NOW Seriously as anyone ever heard of ANYONE giving a whip away for free? I don't think so.

Some people generally level 50-100 Come up to Abby Demons begging to Abby Hunters for hours for whips, Why on earth would we give them one, When i was there lvl i spent my Time getting to where i am today, rather than WASTING HOURS OF MY LIFE!

Just dissapoints me how people want things for free rather than work for it, id hate to live in a world where everything is free, there would be NO Satisfaction... =/

I don't mind people asking for quest items, or for arrows to get them back on their feet again ( a reasonable shortcut ) and i have been known to help players to help themselves.

Some players just don't want to help themselves however, and will wander around aimlessly for days trying to get free stuff which they dont use, just sell to buy a ridiculously expensive and unuseful item.

I think many players end up like this because they dont really know how to play the game, get stuck and become disheartened when they realise the time it will take. This results in the begging.

I don't waste resources on a trick teleport etc., i just add them to the ignore list after a while :D

caleban.

Well written! Everything you said was all valid. Particularly, the part about not enjoying things when you have them hassle free. I only want a bank full of cash and a high combat level if I've had to work hard to get it.

Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, your commodity drops in value.
[url=http://www.imagehosting.com][img]http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i773526_stingtag.gif[/img][/url] [quote name="Capone_Sabre"]People in the wilderness will [b]always[/b] insult you no matter what you do. Just ignore it and kill them.[/quote]