Unbeaten's guide to holding to flag in cwars! Update: 30/12

mrmyk

nice guide! i used it when i was in cw and it worked :thumbsup:

~~~Sid~~~

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, just reread your guide, and i'm happy to say that it contains less than half my tricks \'

but they are dying with me :-#

they aren't good anyway ;) i've got 2 or more tricks i might add in the future anyway

great guide, but add a few things about the d spear...

it can ruin rock holding, and both gate holding.

i've only been speared once in my time playing cw..just be careful and you can avoid it :) unless your anciented and well...at least it goes safe than them having it

lies, my signature is my expression of anger towards the wearers of legs.

mine was used as a template! lies!

nice guide! i used it when i was in cw and it worked :thumbsup:

~~~Sid~~~

thanks, good to see it helps everyone

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

Good guide, I remember I saw this guide already pretty long ago, but this is my first response though :oops:

First of all, it was amazing, I learned so much of it. Best thing was the "encading" (that's how I call it now).

But some of the pictures never seem to work, which mostly contains something I don't know yet (as far as I see with the description around it) I also clicked on them, to see them using the source, but that doesn't work too:

• The ladder hugging pictures. (I already know this)

And all the pictures in the "what to do if you're going to die" section. (This one looks interesting to me, I have no clue what it is and I saw in one of the responses even someone with almost full gold items -what was his name again- didn't know it.)

EDIT: One other thing, I just got a d spear drop and I'm thinking about keeping it for cw, but I don't know how to use it well actually. How do you use the spear? I'm moderately experienced at cw, I have 600 tickets now.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Good guide, I remember I saw this guide already pretty long ago, but this is my first response though :oops:

First of all, it was amazing, I learned so much of it. Best thing was the "encading" (that's how I call it now).

But some of the pictures never seem to work, which mostly contains something I don't know yet (as far as I see with the description around it) I also clicked on them, to see them using the source, but that doesn't work too:

And all the pictures in the "what to do if you're going to die" section. (This one looks interesting to me, I have no clue what it is and I saw in one of the responses even someone with almost full gold items -what was his name again- didn't know it.)

EDIT: One other thing, I just got a d spear drop and I'm thinking about keeping it for cw, but I don't know how to use it well actually. How do you use the spear? I'm moderately experienced at cw, I have 600 tickets now.

D spear is used in a few ways.

1) can be used to push people back onto the underground rocks, if youre quick you can quickly crush them while thier stunned. (great for killing flag)

2) good for defence, when used with ancients, makes it very hard for solo scorers to get past you or baricades.

3) If you manage to baricade infront of the flag and d spear it, it willusually disorientate them, and usually stop them from getting past for a good 20-30 seconds so your team can catch up.

Btw, Unbeaten u skiller noob, come back to cw <.<

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

1) can be used to push people back onto the underground rocks, if youre quick you can quickly crush them while thier stunned. (great for killing flag)

2) good for defence, when used with ancients, makes it very hard for solo scorers to get past you or baricades.

3) If you manage to baricade infront of the flag and d spear it, it willusually disorientate them, and usually stop them from getting past for a good 20-30 seconds so your team can catch up.

Im with danq!

misterxsiggyzs8.jpg

Melee doesn't always stop people if they know what they doing, especially with torags though barrage is pretty effective even against karils. :thumbsup:

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

• 2 weeks later...

goodluck but i really do suggest using yews.

@other posters:

thanks for comments and its good that you use the guide \'

Um, hello, do you not know anything about wc, willows are faster xp than yews, if you want money from wc then just cut mages, gosh. *kidding*

On topic:Nice guide, although I'm not really high enough and I'm sort of neutral on holding.

This feels exceptional on my under-carriage.

If you have an account with the word spider in it, Unbeaten will be scared. :P

i'm not scared lol -.- you are

Nice guide Helped a lot

Though the pics in the What to do if youre going to die sections are all broken :(

yet again, photobucket ftl

Cool guide, I bet it will help alot of people.

i hope so too

goodluck but i really do suggest using yews.

@other posters:

thanks for comments and its good that you use the guide \'

Um, hello, do you not know anything about wc, willows are faster xp than yews, if you want money from wc then just cut mages, gosh. *kidding*

On topic:Nice guide, although I'm not really high enough and I'm sort of neutral on holding.

well hopefully this guide will make you like flag holding :P

Melee doesn't always stop people if they know what they doing, especially with torags though barrage is pretty effective even against karils. :thumbsup:

yeah, melee can't always stop them but hey! this is cw on a budget lol

Im with danq!

>.< you been missing me it seems lol

I've re-joined CWL for 1 month

Danq answered your question which you know but for the pictures...photobucket ftl

o I bump good.

yessums

okay *huggles*, re-joined cwl for 1 month as i've been missing cw a bit

gladz.png

Ahhhh the noobs back *cough* i mean oh hi unbeaten your back from your trip to bloodvelds fifty hundred times.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Hmm... a very, very good guide. Castle Wars is a simple minigame, but it's not easy. Thanks for this guide!

-Tiigon

=] thanks

i'm f2p now and it seems there has been a few updates in cw recently...this guide is becoming more and more out of date -.- danq gimme pics!

gladz.png

[hide=useless quote chain]

[/hide]

About number 2. I don't really get what you mean. How can it really stop them?

About number 3. Isn't that a waste of DDS specs?

Sorry for the late responce BTW, I forgot I posted here. :oops:

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

• 2 weeks later...
[hide=useless quote chain]

[/hide]

About number 2. I don't really get what you mean. How can it really stop them?

About number 3. Isn't that a waste of DDS specs?

Sorry for the late responce BTW, I forgot I posted here. :oops:

2) It stops them for a few seconds so you can place cades or let your team get to the scorer and hurt them.

3) I choose DDS over d spear but d spear when used properly can be more effective

late replies ftw

gladz.png

Why not add a Bow to your equipment too.

But nice guide :)

Friends ftw! <3:

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

• 2 weeks later...
Why not add a Bow to your equipment too.

But nice guide :)

Friends ftw! <3:

I used to have room in this guide to include that it is melee based :P I think, to be the best cw'er you have to be able to win w/o extras such as barrows or even range or mage. :) Waste of inventory for me.

gladz.png