What is....the mystery potion...

Dalcyte

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The spot potion has no use and never has. I was told that it was added as joke about one of the staff having lots of acne. Suppose to remove the "spots". I thought they were still dropped by imps occasionally but I'm not sure. I've had one hanging around in the bank for several years.

I remember when I was a f2p noob back in 2004, someone came along and traded it to me for some coins. I thought it would come in handy in a battle or quest. I later found out it did nothing. :cry:

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

it's used in the quest "Forgettable Tale of a Drunken Dwarf"

The guy named, i think Rowdy dwarf may ask for this potion.....don't ask me how i know, people on the tip'it forums might kill me.............. :-w

and so, to everyone who said it was useless...........HA!!! lol

The guy named, i think Rowdy dwarf may ask for this potion.....don't ask me how i know, people on the tip'it forums might kill me.............. :-w

well, except its not used in that quest. No potion is ever used in that quest, so to you i say....HA!!!

well, except its not used in that quest. No potion is ever used in that quest, so to you i say....HA!!!

how do you know? it says random items on the guide i checked, not everyone has to getthe same items for him

and, since you might wanna check it out, i checked it out on runehq's item database, since, i don't think, tip.it has one

It was useful in the early days of RSC, but now has lost all purpose.

If anyone remembers, the Sophaneum people in the desert had spots... So I got bored one day, and grabbed one of those potions and took it there. I believe it said something like "This is our curse, don't cure it" or something.

Then again, I did do that around half a year ago, so my memory isn't to clear.

:-s , Im not following this... :-k

The examine of the potion is "this is meant to be good for spots"

sig4realhn5.png

Who cares if you wear a santa hat..... That's no achievment.

Who cares if you can have 520M, if you have no friends, as well as no reason to play Runescape?

I thought it was used in a quest? Heros I believe it was, for making the oil that you use to make the oily fishing rod, for fishing the lava eel. Correct me if I'm wrong. But I'm almost sure it had some use in a quest.

Alright, everyone stop. This potion has never, I repeat, never had any use. It has never been used in a quest nor been used for any actual skill. All it is is a small item that takes of space in your inventory, your bank, and memory space on the server. I have played since before the dragon slayer came out, so trust me, I think I know what I'm talking about. (If you've played since before fally, feel free to argue). The "Potion" is the same as the flier that tells you to buy your axes from Bob's axes in Lumbridge, all it does is sit there and get examined.

To answer where it comes from, you can get it from the apothecary in varrock by asking about any potions he's giving away. And yes I think it is also dropped from imps, tho not one of their more common drops.

All that being said, please quit speculating what quest it might have been used for, because the answer to all of them is no.

That's my two cents, take them how you will.

"How you act when no one is looking is the clearest indicator of the strength or depravity of your true character. "

yeah, he's deffinetly a little excited...dont worry its not a glitch...d legs are meant to stretch in that area for that reason.

oh fidel adolf stalin your big words are gonna stop me

but yea never had any ues for it, but meh maybe if the bankspace update comes soon I'll stock up on a few hundred of these, one day they'll be like phats.. you watch #-o

Looks like the 5 year old abyss pkers whined themselves up another advantage?

Apparently attacking a defenseless player was too difficult for them.

There's lots of items that don't have a use.

Like the ring of wealth.

JK, but seriously why would they remove this? Is it hurting someone?

Yeah, just so you know... That has been around since pretty much the beginning. Ever since Imps have been wandering around.

When I first started (too long ago) I collected them, thinking they were rare and good for something... If I had them still to this day, they are still worth nothing. Haha. Probably one of the only useless things left in RS that Jagex hasn't updated.

Great question btw, I really liked it.

Alright, everyone stop. This potion has never, I repeat, never had any use. It has never been used in a quest nor been used for any actual skill. All it is is a small item that takes of space in your inventory, your bank, and memory space on the server. I have played since before the dragon slayer came out, so trust me, I think I know what I'm talking about. (If you've played since before fally, feel free to argue). The "Potion" is the same as the flier that tells you to buy your axes from Bob's axes in Lumbridge, all it does is sit there and get examined.

To answer where it comes from, you can get it from the apothecary in varrock by asking about any potions he's giving away. And yes I think it is also dropped from imps, tho not one of their more common drops.

All that being said, please quit speculating what quest it might have been used for, because the answer to all of them is no.

That's my two cents, take them how you will.

man for a guy who's been playing so long you'd expect them to read posts and have at least a fraction of an imagination. Most of us know that it has no use alright, people are just joking around about possible uses and things about this, no need to flip out and whip out the "I"VE BEEN PLAYING FOREVER" tool on us, i've been playing shorter and it's still had no use. So calm down.

but yea never had any ues for it, but meh maybe if the bankspace update comes soon I'll stock up on a few hundred of these, one day they'll be like phats.. you watch #-o

Little Timmy, get out of the computer lab, and go back to Ms. Johnson's coloring lesson. Computers are for the older students.

I used to have a link to my school's project to provide fresh water to a Kenyan Village, but the sig police changed the link to say something, which, if followed, leads to an "ahem" adult website. Let me ask you. Which do you think is worse?

Been wondering that for the past 5 years :oops:

I'll second that. Something thats puzzled me for the longest of times.

Thanks for bringing it up :)

Little Timmy, get out of the computer lab, and go back to Ms. Johnson's coloring lesson. Computers are for the older students.

ahhahaha now thats funny right there :)

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

From all the years I have been playing for(started on a different account) the Potion has never had a use.

The liquid for Heroes is the Blamish Snail Oil, which is not connected to this item in any way as it's held in a sample bottle(looks like an empty dye bottle).

For cleaning cloths, it's Karamjan Rum that is to be used with the silk.

I would love to see someone with a few hundred K of these potions.

(My next words are total fiction)

Maybe it could be used as a doorstop like every useless item.

Otherwise a Master Summoning/Hunter item to catch that pesky Evil Bob. :ohnoes: