Mid-Term Elections

Dalcyte

As most of u americans know, it's mid-term election day here. Hopefully all you eligible voted, and if you didn't...shame! :shame: A few of the results have come back in, and i'm pleased with a lot of them, but disapointed in some races like my state rep...who's a jerk and is ahead by 20%. Well, i just wanted an official thread for this. Some of the close tight races are gonna be good to watch. Here's a map as of 9:00 CST of how these three races hold. UPDATE: DEMS have control over house.

Governors:

42ntzs6.jpg

Senate Races: (None have been called, go to the site to see percents)

House Races: (None have been called, go to the site to see percents)

here's a tally however.

3zrkc9v.jpg

Missouri (senate)

McCaskill (D)

Jim Talent ®

----

Tenessee (senate)

Harold Ford (D)

Bob Corker ® [he's the guy that ran the ad that was called racist]

-----

Virginia (senate)

Jim Webb (D)

George Allen ®

Liberman Won as an independent with no Dems running and had Republicans voting for him. http://news.yahoo.com/fc/US/Midterm_Elections_2006

Very helpful site, click on the little map thingy to get a good map.

Those are the close senate races. Rhode Island was an upset with Whitehouse (D) winning actually. New Jersy another close one came in with Menendez (D) winning there. The house is supposed to turn to the dems, but the senate will be a close one. Hopefully the new stupid electronic voting won't have to much problems with fraud. Watched this scary thing on HBO when i was in DC about the ease of fraud of Diebold (voting machine makers) systems. Well anyway, post some more close races and what you guys think of them.

Democrats have a huge lead in House, Republicans are still winning by 2 in the senate.

Er - Democrats haven't officially taken the house yet.

and now they have. Dems have control.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GhostRanger

The Dems right now need 3 of 5 to take the Senate and 12 of a whole lot take the House. The House is theirs - the Senate will most likely go as well.

Guest GhostRanger
Democrats have a huge lead in House, Republicans are still winning by 2 in the senate.

Er - Democrats haven't officially taken the house yet.

I felt dirty after coming out of the voting place. It was the first time I voted, and I was really excited about it. Then while I was voting, I realized there isn't one candidate that I would agree with 60% of the views.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

The results are in! Well, for the most part.

For Michigan- Granholm won Gov and Stabenow won Senate!! \'

Post your state results!!

Same here, but I'm hardly pleased with it. Even if Granholm is from my hometown. #-o

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Well, my vote officially didn't matter at all.

haqh2.jpg

Steve Osbourne and Mike Kole were really the only reason I voted. I wouldn't call them Libertarians, but they are a little closer too it than the others. I thought tha voting for them would be good, the lesser of all the evils. Only disagree with them 40% of the time instead of 50%+.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Well, my vote officially didn't matter at all.

haqh2.jpg

Steve Osbourne and Mike Kole were really the only reason I voted. I wouldn't call them Libertarians, but they are a little closer too it than the others. I thought tha voting for them would be good, the lesser of all the evils. Only disagree with them 40% of the time instead of 50%+.

At least you voted for the lesser of two evils! The margin would have been even greater if you wouldn't have voted at all.

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

At least you voted for the lesser of two evils! The margin would have been even greater if you wouldn't have voted at all.

Yeah, I guess I shouldn't say my vote didn't count at all. Still, I thought it was going to be a lot closer. I thought Steve Osbourn really had a chance.

Well, I've been muttering over just my state too much. Where can I get a good list of the US Senate and House results? The Yahoo! page is being weird for some reason.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Interesting thing about the elections in Indiana (my state) this year:

Population: 6,080,485

Total number of votes for US Senator, which is voted on by the entire state: 635834

Which means only around 10% of people voted in this state. Obviously population includes children under 18 who can't vote, so those stats really don't mean anything.

EDIT: Whoops, double posted. Meant to edit the last one.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

A lot of the major states still haven't been declared, though. Texas should add a huge number to the Reds, although governor is still a tossup :(.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Yay, Perry won. And Kay Bailey Hutchinson too...oh well.

Lots of blue states from 2002 turned into red states :shock: .

Senate is still even, 38 point advantage to Democrats in House. Of course, the NDP has done a very good job of bringing up everything to slam the GOP right before the elections...even delaying justice to a pedophile so they could take advantage of the situation :x .

Ooh! Republicans winning Senate! Wonder if this will go on.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley