MERCHS and PLAYERS GO SELL HAPPY!! News at 11 ((From SODB))

deangut

In todayÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s news on the EASTSIIIDE of Fally...

Merch's are jumping off their perchÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s... and are the skillers following them down??

With the recent accouchements of 99 Skill capes and the quick follow-up of the "Hunting" skill, we have seen a 10-15% decrease in rare prices.

The 99 skill capes pumped a new found interest in achieving high levels in certain skills. Now getting 99 in a skill not only marks a great achievement, but you also receive a cape with decent stats and an emote that is far different then anything in RS. The new cape not only makes your effort and hard work pay off, but helps your character walk around with pride.

With this new found interest in skills and the need for raw materials, players are raw material hungry and fighting to find suppliers. The need for raw fish, bowstring, yews, mages, gold ore, herbs and d hides has increased 2 fold. The normal people selling materials are now using them for their skills. This increased the demand and lowered the supply chain. Raw materials began to increase in price and less and less people were buying rares. Thus, dropping the demand for rares.

More people started drawing their attention to raw materials and away from the old mighty RARES. Prices for materials began to rise rapidly, so quick it drew the attention of many merch's. Some very large merchÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s shifted there attention to some raw material areas, rather then Santa's, PHats and other rares. This helped the supply to the skillers, but again the demand for Rares went even lower. After a steady rise in prices, the materials have found their plateau.

Will the MerchÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s begin to get bored with the new Raw Material market? Will the big money again shift to rares? Will people begin to sell the rares to buy more materials? Will people sell as they are scared of a market crash?

.....One thing merchants can't stand is.... Lack of demand...

..........One thing players can't stand is ... Market Crashes....

This reporter has seen many markets like this and the rich get richer and the poor smack their heads for selling soo CHEAP! Don't be on of those players that fall into this deadly cycle. Stay ahead of the times...

Sell your Raw materials HIGH - Buy your Rares low.....

Then sell your rares back to the merchs later and buy even more materials....

Who is high on the Perch now??

This is Deangut reporting from Eeeaaast Siiide of Fally..

Play Hard and Play Smart

Part II

And the prices have done what!?!?!!

=============

In further research on the first article from Fally. We have noted the following changes in the RARE market.

Since the announcement of both 99 skill and new skill the prices have done the following for rares...

========These are estimated prices, shop before using them=========

Pumpkin :

Before: 14.5

After: 12.5

Net Loss: 14%

Easter:

Before: 15

After: 13.5

Net Loss: 10%

Santa

Before: 28.7

After: 23m

Net Loss: 20%

Masks

Green

Before: 27.2

After: 22.9

Net Loss: 16%

Blue

Before: 38.5

After: 29.2

Net Loss: 24%

Red

Before: 48.9

After: 39.5

Net Loss: 19%

===============================

As you can see The devaluation attempt is currently working. Will this trend continue?

Is having GP right now have more value? Should you buy now while prices are at a 4 month low?

Stayed tuned.....

Play Harder and Play Smarter

Materials barely changed prices, rares dropped back a little because they rose too much the past few months. They are still higher then 2.5-3 months ago.

Materials barely changed prices, rares dropped back a little because they rose too much the past few months. They are still higher then 2.5-3 months ago.

I have a question for you if you don't mind sir. Should we or should we not sell our rares ATM? As it is speculating that with Hunter rares are gonna keep decreasing in value. Well I recently bought an easter for 13.5mil, they are now lingering around 12mil ish, should I keep it or sell it ? Thankies. :3>

sigdu0.gif

Quit RS to play real games. :P Bye TIF, miss you.

interesting i'd say... Hmm i might stay out of the market for awhile.

Whips are going down? Time to invest! :D

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

I have a question for you if you don't mind sir. Should we or should we not sell our rares ATM? As it is speculating that with Hunter rares are gonna keep decreasing in value. Well I recently bought an easter for 13.5mil, they are now lingering around 12mil ish, should I keep it or sell it ? Thankies. :3>

Construction only messed rares up because it was a money drain. Hunter, like slayer, doesn't appear to be a money drain. If it is similar to slayer, it might rocket rares up in price like slayer did because of all the money transfer of people selling what they make from hunter. My advice is to keep it - but nobody can know because we have no idea of any specifics of the skill.

I have the question the intentions of the topic creator considering the quite negative attitude regarding rares in his posts.

I doubt Hunting will be of much importance for rares, but to be honest, the effect of skills can't be predicted beforehand and somehow people always seem to speculate on downgoing prices when a new skill comes out. Personally, I don't really see much reason for rares to go down for much longer though - christmas is still comming up and that has always been a reason for increasing rare prices in the past.

My humble opinion is: If you can afford to hold on to your rares, then I suggest you do so.

When rares dropped after construction came out (santas dropped to below 10 mil), they recovered with a vengeance. The same is bound to happen again, now is the time to buy rares, not sell them.

elle2nq7.jpg

How many times have you heard the average player say...

Man if I still had my (Insert rare here) I would be have (Insert x Millions here)

I see too many friends sell their rares when the market dips a little..

..then try to merch or buy items that are going up or down....

..... loose more money and then either buy there rare back a little higher or can not offord it...

So this is a heads up... Prices are going down in rares... Raw materials are slightly going up... reasons.. above...

Will they stay this way???

Rares will bounce back... ((Incase you can not read between the lines of article))

--

I am in now way trying to say I know more about the economy then Duke... I mean come on... Respect...

I am just pointing out what some of see as obvious to those who do not..

Helping you play Smarter and harder

Deangut.. out..

this really stinks for me heres my story:

blouinator logs onto the rs forums 2 days before capes of acheivments bying eater 15mil he writes.

I get a seller rite away boom i by.

now easter are 11mil now im not complaing about them going down im complaing how i could have got my easter for 11mil =p.

i plan to sell my easter this summer so ya =)

iFishcopy-1.png

Forgive my reservation. I just needed to put warning signs for the exact reason you mentioned - it happens way too often that skillers sell their rares low while there is little reason to panic, like now if you ask me.

Another concern I have is that everyone (including you) seems to be claiming that material prices are rising currently, while that seems as deformed data to me. Because I rather argue with factual data and not on the memory of individuals, here are the actual prices of some materials at the beginning this year.

Date 1-1-2006

Coal: 200 each

Steel bars: 650 each

Natures: 310 each

Yew logs: 300 each

Raw lobsters: 260 each

As you can see, these prices were roughly equal to the current prices of materials. So why is everyone claiming that prices are rising?

Well, that is quite easily understood if I also give you the data of materials 2 months ago.

Date 1-9-2006

Coal: 200 each

Steel bars: 600 each

Natures: 320 each

Yew logs: 220 each

Raw lobs: 200 each

The catch lies in yew logs and raw lobs. As you can see their current prices are in fact 25-40% higher then now.

However, at the moment it seems people are mixing up the causes with the consequences and thus drawing wrong and overhasted doubtful conclusions.

The right question to ask now, is why the prices of yew logs and raw lobs were lower at 1-9-2006 compared to 1-1-2006 in the first place. I believe, and I'm rather convinced of this, that this was caused by the macroing programs that allowed people to automate ten(s) of characters simultaneously.

As far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong though), Jagex has taken action to counter (most of) those programs, which I'd say is the reason materials are back up to their original prices again. Key word there is that it were the original prices - the prices have not risen when compared to the prices at the start of this year.

You should be rather wary with jumping onto conclusions too quickly when talking about economics. It is easy to end up explaining rises and drops using wrong 'causes'.

Yes I also observe material market price fluctuations even though I rarely seem to write about it. ;)

personally i did notice rares were down today. not a big deal i expected the masks to go down in price after Halloween. but santas were down to is what shocked me, but hey, Christmas is still a a month away.

and really raw materials seem to never move around too much.

easters seem to be down to 12-13m. barely no buyers on the market.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either

a fool or a coward.

Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law

is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant:

"If I live, I will kill you, If I Die, you are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honor.

personally i did notice rares were down today. not a big deal i expected the masts to go down in price after halloween. but santas were down to is what shocked me, but hey, christmas is still a a month away.

and really raw materials seem to ever move around too much.

Just about all prices are cheaper during the week when there are not as many people on.. If people are going to buy a rare i would tell them to buy it during the week you might only save 500k to a mil but its a saving

homerhc6.jpg

Respect- Oy_the_Great, Lode, Bubsa, Weezcake, Thrash111, Gloric, Vmser, Pianofrieak2, Runemetsa

Sigs Made By - Pink

maybe this would be a good time to get a santa....anybody got a loan for ~5m? any takers? didn't think so <.<

yup, time for investments

personally i did notice rares were down today. not a big deal i expected the masts to go down in price after halloween. but santas were down to is what shocked me, but hey, christmas is still a a month away.

and really raw materials seem to ever move around too much.

Just about all prices are cheaper during the week when there are not as many people on.. If people are going to buy a rare i would tell them to buy it during the week you might only save 500k to a mil but its a saving

it is true, most prices to fluxate during peek times and such, anyway i hope hunting doesnt do a whole lot to the economy because this all seems to stem thru hunting or somewhat seems to...then again a market crash would be good for everyone