New Players (NOOBS) Getting A Bad Rap? - Post here!!!

chunky_monkey5

The word "noob" is being used to describe the wrong type of person lately. If a newer player asks a general question about the game, and they honestly don't know it, just tell them, don't call them noob. Not they're fault they haven't been playing for a few years. Even when I ask a question (I'm level 42) that I honestly can't find the answer to on my own, many people still call me a noob. Come on people, lighten up! Almost everyone gets confused every once in a while. Cut them some slack!

chunkymonkeyrw0.gif

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed. the word noob is being used to desribe someone stupid or not knowing EVERYTHING about runescape, while the original use of the word meant new player. people are calling lvl 40-70s newbs, and theyre not. they arent new, and now people are thinking that if ur not level 90, ur a noob. it has to stop! :shock:

for example if you run out of wildy they call you a NOOb

When you offerbad trades they call you a NOOB

If you dont wanna lision to someone again NOOB

How many can their be? Its lame and annoying

118165878448541d8d63eand3.th.jpg

In reaction to what is evolving as a very constructive thread (this is the rants forum, not the complaints forum) on the rant forum, I'm testing this sticky out as a place to post about noobs instead of creating a plethora of lock-fodder threads.

If it turns into a flame-fest, it will be re-statused, locked or removed as applicable.

- Ard

Noob has lost most, if not all, of its original meaning. Its basically a universal, derogatory remark these days.

No joke, friend, no joke. Mind you, there are times when it's used as a taunt, to pick a fight/duel/whatever.

Frankly, there's nothing to be gained in worrying about it - and everything to be lost. These days, "stinky-pants" is a more grievous insult, anyway. Should I really care if someone half a planet away, whom I'd never recognize even if I should happen to meet, feels the need to lash out with bland remarks?

"Noob" was never a particularly useful term in the first place anyway - so I figure, just ignore it. Take silent solace in knowing who the bigger man is.

Darn it happened again... I was going to buy a highway man mask, and honestly I didn't know how much those were worth, so I just told the guy who was selling it to tell me. He kept telling me "offer, offer!" so I put up 15k. The guy was like "Noob this is worth 50k!" and then flammed me everywhere I went in Catherby. If you want someone to offer, at least tell them a base price if they don't already know. :wall:

chunkymonkeyrw0.gif

for example if you run out of wildy they call you a NOOb

When you offerbad trades they call you a NOOB

If you dont wanna lision to someone again NOOB

If you have high defence you're a "def noob".

If you have low defence you're a "pure noob".

The word "noob" is being used to describe the wrong type of person lately. If a newer player asks a general question about the game, and they honestly don't know it, just tell them, don't call them noob. Not they're fault they haven't been playing for a few years. Even when I ask a question (I'm level 42) that I honestly can't find the answer to on my own, many people still call me a noob. Come on people, lighten up! Almost everyone gets confused every once in a while. Cut them some slack!

Exactly. you ever need some help, just gimee a message (my chat is ON most of the time)! Ill be glad to help.

Anyways..yeah. NOOB is overused. I got called a 'DEFENCE NOOB' in the duel because I killed off a pure with very little effort..wearing NOTHING.

I also got called a 'PRAY NOOB' because I used PFM. I mean, if I earned it..I should use it, right?

Anyways. Support this rant COMPLETELY

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

Yep, so true AHEM! I also hate it when, at random, people shout out noob at ppl. High lvl AHEM! W/ no life ( not 2 affend all high lvl ppl that do have lives) COUGH!

I play E.T., do you?

Username : Aznzzzzz

Dont be a Panzernoob

Too true. Everybody is a noob apparently. 83 defense? "z0mg j00 def n00b". 1 defense? "z0mg j00 pur3 n00b". Finish mining a rock and moved on to another one, which somebody else is mining? "my rok n00b get ur own". Mining a rock and someone comes in and starts mining it? "haha n00b". Playing castle wars and get teamed? "n00b". With a friend and fight that same person? "1v1 n00b". Someone spend 1 and a half minutes with their bronze arrows on the ground, and you just happen to need some? "my arrows n00b reported n00b". Pick them up to give them back? Same thing. Way too overused

"Look, if your mom still drops you off at school, you ain't gangsta, pull up your damn pants!" -Jeff Foxworthy

Auto-typer: $7.99

Source code for auto-miner: $70

7 million gp off Ebay: $117

Seeing n00bs ask player mods for them: Priceless

Agreed, people are getting obnoxious by saying noobs to new players and random players because they don't like them. Like some high lvl for not having a specific item they want, they run and say noob. Newb. players are getting called noobs and they learn that they should follow them along in their paths and harass other players that they are noobs because they are new to this game.

99 Fletch~~99 WC~~79/81 Fishing

87/94 Magic~~84 Range

Etha! Saradomin Forever~CW

CB: 107 Total: 1788+

ON BREAK

Most people under level 90 ARE noobs. Especially level 40-70

So...combat levels determine if you are a Noob? I think not. I have seen level 126's act like that 10 year old kid who sits at the computer all day drinking MT dew and eating [garden tool]-hos, thinking he is 1337 because he can beat someone in the wilderness. Yes, I have seen this..this is not a joke.

I know people who are level *20* that are mature, know a lot about the game, and know all about the greatest and latest items and skills, and how to play the game.

My point? Combat levels do not determine if you are a NOOB.

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

A few days ago i was training at the troll hill place and i got a defence level, a few ppl say'd congratz and such. One how ever replied" omg noob what lvl go up" i responded i went up to 60 defence, and in everloving reply i get "def ch00b". :wall:

Well I personally don't use the word 'noob' unless the person I'm dealing with tries to scam me, or REALLY gets on my nerves.

My problem with new players when they ask questions is when they ask questions when I'm obviously busy, and they get insistant about it. You really don't know the answer to the question, but mabye I really don't have the time to answer. I'll generally say somthing like 'I'm busy, can you ask someone else' (unless the question requires a simple answer, which it usually dosen't, it usually requires a 4-5 line explaination) and they usually get really upset about that, for some reason, when I'm trying to be as nice as I can about it.

And I will answer questions when I'm not doing somthing that requires constant attention, like fletching-x or somthing similar. Not that hard to help when you're not constantly clikcing. But it is when you're stringing bows, or chompy hunting like during when I was working on getting my 5-feather yellow hat, and new players were out there 'exploring'.

I'm a bigger noob than most of the people 5-10 levels lower than me, money-wise(got full rune and 20K(got hacked)). I know how to do most of the stuff in the game. I'm not really much of a noob. I just posted here to say that whoever is calling people levels 40-70 to shut-up! After you get to level 40 combat you're not a noob combat-wise(maybe in other ways, though).

Goldflame.png