New Players (NOOBS) Getting A Bad Rap? - Post here!!!

chunky_monkey5

When you offerbad trades they call you a NOOB

If you offer bad trades you ARE a noob.

no, if you offer a bad trade, you probobly have A LIFE, unlike some people who are 100+ combat, and do nothing but play runescape "but, but, i have a girlfriend" some high levels try to say, "I get outside" yeah, to get in your mom's car to go to school, or in other cases, to get in your moms car to go to work! But you are probobly a guy who thinks everybody who is a level is a noob, i would rather be a noob, than a huge fat nerd who lives in my moms basement... I wouldn't consider my self a noob, but I know 123yourgone is about to call me a noob for talking on and on about his thoughts, but I think that everybody who walks around calling low levels noobs, needs to get a life, or something like that... 123yourgone, i know your thinking you could own me, or you could beat me, or other stuff like that, but i dont care. well if you think that people who dont know prices are noobs, than you need a life. if all you do is memorize prices all day, than your a real life noob, your probobly a 400 pound, 16 your old, kid who is whiter than sour cream... I know your gonna reply to this, so let me say something, you think your big, and strong having 90+ attack, and other stats like that, but your not, you have a life, a runescape life, no other life.....

mm i'm just gonna use your quote to sum up what i've heard a lot of people say. Firstly to respond to you. how in the world can you talk about someone's life, when you've read a few posts maybe one that they wrote. Yes, i read an exerpt from a book one time, and i IMMEDIETLY knew how the author worked, functioned, what he did, everything about him :roll:

Really, do you just want people who worked for high stats to say "i'm weak". No. I understand 100% if they're going around parading their ownageness, that's out of line. But if they're just existing (not what you're saying, i'm moving on) and being high level, then what's the problem? I've heard that all high levels are no-lifings noob nerds. Mmm yesss...you should defiently just STOP playing after you hit a level, because if you're 70 cbt, and got lets say 85 combat in the time that it took you to get 70 combat, you're defiently a no-lifer because you spent the same amount of time. What i'm getting at is that it is so rediculous to just pretty much say u should quit after 70 or something, because then you're a no-lifer...but what about the time u spent to get 70?

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, if you offer a bad trade, you probobly have A LIFE, unlike some people who are 100+ combat, and do nothing but play runescape "but, but, i have a girlfriend" some high levels try to say, "I get outside" yeah, to get in your mom's car to go to school, or in other cases, to get in your moms car to go to work! But you are probobly a guy who thinks everybody who is a level is a noob, i would rather be a noob, than a huge fat nerd who lives in my moms basement... I wouldn't consider my self a noob, but I know 123yourgone is about to call me a noob for talking on and on about his thoughts, but I think that everybody who walks around calling low levels noobs, needs to get a life, or something like that... 123yourgone, i know your thinking you could own me, or you could beat me, or other stuff like that, but i dont care. well if you think that people who dont know prices are noobs, than you need a life. if all you do is memorize prices all day, than your a real life noob, your probobly a 400 pound, 16 your old, kid who is whiter than sour cream... I know your gonna reply to this, so let me say something, you think your big, and strong having 90+ attack, and other stats like that, but your not, you have a life, a runescape life, no other life.....

I completely agree. There is more to life than runescape. Like paintball for instance.

The term "noob" should only be reserved for beggars and really annoying players that follow you around for no apparent reason.

Edit1: anyone who calls a person a noob because they collapsed a tunnel on their head at castle wars needs to get kicked in the nuts a few times. you are all just mad cause i out smarted you and killed you without attacking. I may be a noob, but i'm the noob that owned you.

Edit2: also i classify most pures as noobs. not the non combat pures that have decent skills, but the range, meele, and mage pures that think your stats are a joke because you have actually worked on your defense and prayer.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

that is not a lvl 100 thing im lvl 100 i barely ever call anyone a noob, the only thing new players do that anoyes me is trade me without telling me what they want.

geoff005.gif

manatea3O5,

he went over the edge and sterotyped all 100+'s

Why does such a pointless word anger so many, its funny how someone simply walking up to you in a video game and saying "noob" gets everyone in a riot. I mean thats the reason people call another person a noob because there trying to anger them, so it's easier just to play if off and reply something like "yea" and just walk away, they won't be happy when the "noob attack attempt backfires" :-w

Fusionxx.png

If the persons attitude against others is complete trash then i consider that person a "noob".

Though the word "noob" is extremly overused,this guy would describe perfectly what i mean.

Noob and newb have completly different meanings.We all have been newbs in one point,no one has started playing this game with the full knowledge about it.I see nothing wrong with helping new players with information about the game,only if they ask nicely that is. :D

Words "noob" and "newb" need to be separated from eachother,they have completly different meanings.

mhd7k3.jpg

Scenarios-

A level 3 going "Plz gib me gp! My main can pwn uuuu! I'll report if you don't give me $$$" Here, it is okay to use the word noob. This person is being annoying, but on purpose. There's better ways to get money.

A level three selling cowhides a tad bit overpriced. Here, use newb, or newbie. Its not their fault they're trying to make an honest living. Just maybe give them a few pointers, like sell them cheaper to get more buyers.

Two scenarios I saw while playing today. People didn't call these people newbies, or newbs, just "noobs, froobs, and choobs." The top one is a bit of an idiot. Just ignore. The bottom one has done no crime. Just leave him alone if you can't say anything nice.

souryw6.png

heres a good example from 2002 news by Mod Paul:

Hi there,

So what's been going on behind the scenes at the Jagex offices? Well, after last week's big quest update, I thought I'd go on line to see how everyone was getting on with the Biohazard Quest.

Being the honest chap that I am, I decided to use my real in-game character, and not one of those souped up mod things.

Now, perhaps it was a little foolhardy of me to venture onto the member's server with a combat level of 3. But nothing could have prepared me for the reception that I would receive. I almost drowned in a sea of "lols" and "noobs". And no-one seemed to believe that I was in fact the "Paul Eyres" that I claimed to be!

Oh well - guess I'll just have to get killing some chickens...

======================

i recently made a account to test this "Sir orochai" (yes im still retired i only go on for tip.it reasons) and as soon as i walk into varrock, a lv 44 just walks up to me and says noob. now i dont know if they have problems in rl and decide to act tough in nothing more than a pixelated world but this "noob" craze is out of control

Popoto.~<3

i agree to that also, though i have a life gf and friends, i tend to be called a geek for playing 6 years and knowing lots or prices. then again thats prob y i retired this year, both that and year 11. but im not fat =]

Popoto.~<3

Now, perhaps it was a little foolhardy of me to venture onto the member's server with a combat level of 3. But nothing could have prepared me for the reception that I would receive. I almost drowned in a sea of "lols" and "noobs". And no-one seemed to believe that I was in fact the "Paul Eyres" that I claimed to be!

Oh well - guess I'll just have to get killing some chickens...

Exactly! There's many players who think "I'm a higher level than you, therefore I am cooler." They don't realize that levels 3s are people just getting started playing! They automatically see them as "stupid" or "lazy" and unworthy of their level 40 "awesomeness."

souryw6.png

i agree with most, I don't say all high lvls go 'rawr fear me' and its actually quite nice when some uber high lvl is helping a new comer but I do see it pathetic when low lvls just beg, most high lvls actually worked for that lvl and the items they've gained

I don't know much about the game even though I'm lvl...god knows...62? and I've had an account for like 2-3 years yet I will never know the prices or know where places are because I don't spend all my time there and the fact I don't wanna ask because someone will initiate 'hahaha zomgz wot a noob/nub blah blah blah'

Most people under level 90 ARE noobs. Especially level 40-70

I found this comment extremely funny, I never knew that monkeys could type as badly as this one, not specifically this post, but most of his posts and all those similar, it seems to be apparent that not only are they prejudiced morons, but they fail to have even a basic grasp of the English language, which renders any point they attempt to make, null and void...

Now, getting to the real issue, I am level 81 combat, and if I am a "noob", then so are most people, as I have worked, not begging or scamming, to this combat level, I even alched a whip at christmas, yet I didnt resort to the usual style of "OMGZ I R TEH SCREWED I ALCHED MY WHIP GIVE ME $$$ OR U = FR00B" that I see commonly nowadays, if you wish to make steriotypes on a board, do it on one roughly equivalent to your intellectual capacity. I have enclosed a link for you to click...

http://www.tv.com/barney-and-friends/sh ... orums.html

Snipercam7.gif

NOW!!! THIS IS IT!!! NOW IS THE TIME TO CHOOSE, DIE AND BE FREE OF PAIN OR LIVE AND FIGHT YOUR SORROW!

not sure if anyone else will reply but it is a thing called leetspeak. It was a tem used ofr what nerds used in the 80's (i think) to communicate with each other.

Nowadays it is used by the less inteligent to make them see more so.

I P00n JO 4 D@ (joking i hate this way of speaking)

Leetspeak is used by lazy people who send too many smses...

I used leetspeak before, now i hardly ever use it. Is it too hard just to type a few more words?

Most people under level 90 ARE noobs. Especially level 40-70

I found this comment extremely funny, I never knew that monkeys could type as badly as this one, not specifically this post, but most of his posts and all those similar, it seems to be apparent that not only are they prejudiced morons, but they fail to have even a basic grasp of the English language, which renders any point they attempt to make, null and void...

Now, getting to the real issue, I am level 81 combat, and if I am a "noob", then so are most people, as I have worked, not begging or scamming, to this combat level, I even alched a whip at christmas, yet I didnt resort to the usual style of "OMGZ I R TEH SCREWED I ALCHED MY WHIP GIVE ME $$$ OR U = FR00B" that I see commonly nowadays, if you wish to make steriotypes on a board, do it on one roughly equivalent to your intellectual capacity. I have enclosed a link for you to click...

http://www.tv.com/barney-and-friends/sh ... orums.html

You are hilarious, my friend! Seems like just about everyone on this topic HATES Gonandgary for his comment! Ha ha, you just emphasized EVERYTHING I've been trying to say.... by the way, I believe I found Gonandgary's elementary school picture...

http://www.stupid-animals.com/monkeys/047.jpg

Good likelyhood, I would say....

souryw6.png

rofl!!!

But anyway, on with my post. Personally you all seem to be forgetting that "Noob" is also used for jealousy or anger. Take this example:

me: selling sara robes 1.1m

player1: noob.

Or, this moment:

me: [in full dh switching to verac on a stake]

player1: nub, verac is nub.

me: oh really? It sure helped me in stakes, bye! (when the player died I won 50k :cough:)

So, either way the word "noob" will be used in anger, jealousy, bragging, expression, idiocy, etc. Even if you use "noob" at the right time, Jagex has been doing some dumb bans/mutes for very stupid cases. It could be the buddy CS is the culprit but then again, avoid the word, "noob".

P.S I was friends with a level-35 with 50 con and was friendly with me because I was friends with her. Evidently she had a low combat level but big on other skills.

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Please don't elect this man for president in 2012

Bit late, but I have to say that this is quite possibly the funniest thing I've seen all week..

All niceties aside, I think you're an idiot.

And to the guy who started this,, You're not going to get much sypathy here, and getting a skill to level 70 takes countless hours, not only of training but if it's something like maging then earning the money to do it. Personally I'm not a great fan of hypocricy.

Polnar.png

Heh, alright, I'll see if I can contribute a bit here.

A few days ago, I was down in the Stronghold of Security (I'm f2p) training my defense up. I like to keep my melee stats relatively equal. I was displaying combat level 85 at the time (86 now). There was also a level 93 and a level 100+(maybe 102 or 103). Someone else comes down the tunnel, sees the three of us there, says "noobs" and turns to walk off. I ask, "Why are we noobs? You're lower level." As he was displaying a combat level of 78. His response? "My main is level 95."

As to the words newbie, newb, and noob, my own theory is that newb was a shortened version of newbie, and pronounced the same (new B). Both terms were used interchangeably on the MUDs that I used to play, and simply meant a player new to the game.

Noob was the leetspeak version of newb, and became more predominant in games such as Half-life deathmatch, Unreal tournament, and other multi-player, fast-action games. Hitting two o's is "faster" than hitting e and w. As well, noob can easily be done with one hand, while the other hand is controlling the mouse or joystick. However, if someone is getting killed quite often, or walking into traps/ambushes that other players might consider to be obvious, they could be insulted by calling them a noob/inexperienced player. Thus, the term moves to being an insult. (I believe these games are also where owned/pwned became popularized.) In any case, with the increase of the more interactive online RPG's, which included PvP (Which is what Half-life, Unlreal tournament, and the other combat games effectively are), these players, and their terminology intermingled with the terminology of the RPG players from the MUDs, MUSHes and MOOs, resulting in newb and noob being considered entirely different terms.

Well, anyone else care to comment?

it's hilarious but use logic when you get the "my main is---" junk:

1. Ask him to have his "main" PM him. If he refuses then you'll know for sure.

2. Ask him "why are you using that account then?" He'll more likely say something stupid.

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Please don't elect this man for president in 2012