New Players (NOOBS) Getting A Bad Rap? - Post here!!!

chunky_monkey5

There is so many ways of calling people a noob. It's really sad.

People might be new to the game, but if you help them, the perk is being a mod if JaGEx notice you \'

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

noob nowadays is used to describe just about everyone...for christ sake peopel call zezima a noob umm last time i looked...he was the best player in the game surely he isnt a noob.

i get called a noob on my character... he is a level 114 mind u these arnt peopel better then me no these are level 90's 78's ect point is people use the word noob to try and get a rise out of you...i personaly use noob in that way and i use newb to describe a new player to the game

devle.gif

the noob thing is the reason i came onto this forum! everyone just says noob all the time and i just say "ha just a word" but it still bugs me because theyre calling a name just because they can or because u havent played as long as them...i started about a year ago wasnt really serious right away and now im lvl 70 and i understand yeah im not like zezima or anything but just because i havent spent as much time online as so many people on there i dont need to be called noob...people just annoy me i got really mad at someone once on my pure ranger because people just walk by and say "noob" and its like whats ur problem? just because i may have spent more time in the real world than u doesnt mean u need to call me that...

/FG/First thread post to when I joined the family.

VR48f.jpg

[hide=Insert rant here]blahblahblahLIFE[/hide]

img

Well when you really think about noob has passed into the language. It not a word, but it gets used alot these days, back in classic the word was hardly used only when some was a total idiot. i think noob has become like 'cause or something like, because it gets used so much that no one really has an idea what it really means.... to tell you the truth i dont know what it mean now.... :shame: AND IVE BEEN PLAYING SINCE CLASSIC

Bugmenz.gif

for example if you run out of wildy they call you a NOOb

When you offerbad trades they call you a NOOB

If you dont wanna lision to someone again NOOB

How many can their be? Its lame and annoying

are you saying you run aoutta wildy, don't listen and offer bad trades all the time??? :roll:

Dragon Drops:1, D med

Barrows Drops:None

no, if you offer a bad trade, you probobly have A LIFE, unlike some people who are 100+ combat, and do nothing but play runescape "but, but, i have a girlfriend" some high levels try to say, "I get outside" yeah, to get in your mom's car to go to school, or in other cases, to get in your moms car to go to work! But you are probobly a guy who thinks everybody who is a level is a noob, i would rather be a noob, than a huge fat nerd who lives in my moms basement... I wouldn't consider my self a noob, but I know 123yourgone is about to call me a noob for talking on and on about his thoughts, but I think that everybody who walks around calling low levels noobs, needs to get a life, or something like that... 123yourgone, i know your thinking you could own me, or you could beat me, or other stuff like that, but i dont care. well if you think that people who dont know prices are noobs, than you need a life. if all you do is memorize prices all day, than your a real life noob, your probobly a 400 pound, 16 your old, kid who is whiter than sour cream... I know your gonna reply to this, so let me say something, you think your big, and strong having 90+ attack, and other stats like that, but your not, you have a life, a runescape life, no other life.....

lifecardbb6.png

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

Honestly as much as i agree that sometimes noob is overused

perfect example of when it fits

( this accually happened too )

me - lv 89 :: what u want

some noob - 70 :: can i buy ur shield .. ill give bronze kyte

me :: no you noob obby kite is 300k

noob:: reported

me :: for ??

noob :: item scamming

me :: noob

noob :: reported

Me :: for ??

noob :: language

me :: for

noob :: saying the n word

me :: what ? noob

noob :: reported again

accually happened

The word "noob" is being used to describe the wrong type of person lately. If a newer player asks a general question about the game, and they honestly don't know it, just tell them, don't call them noob. Not they're fault they haven't been playing for a few years. Even when I ask a question (I'm level 42) that I honestly can't find the answer to on my own, many people still call me a noob. Come on people, lighten up! Almost everyone gets confused every once in a while. Cut them some slack!

Yeh very anoyin, if I don't know something they also call me noob (I'm lvl 102)

Also get called noob a lot if you trade something and the other one wants more money or something ...

Or when I can't get hit I am a "Def nub"

Theres plenty more things I get called noob for but actually it is never a reason to say so.

I'm not a new player I have been playing since the bunny ears!

People just say noob when they can't have things there way ...

dragonmguthan,goldenjjx.gif

some dude: phr33 s700f p10xxx!!!!!1111

me: no i dont give away free stuff

some dude: N00B!!!!!!1111

Lmao. I get that, it's so annoying.

Noob is a pointless, meaningless word that is overused by people with low intelect and are really immature. I just sit at my laptop and laugh at how immature they are. :XD:

bankbustin.png

Honestly as much as i agree that sometimes noob is overused

perfect example of when it fits

( this accually happened too )

me - lv 89 :: what u want

some noob - 70 :: can i buy ur shield .. ill give bronze kyte

me :: no you noob obby kite is 300k

noob:: reported

me :: for ??

noob :: item scamming

me :: noob

noob :: reported

Me :: for ??

noob :: language

me :: for

noob :: saying the n word

me :: what ? noob

noob :: reported again

accually happened

OMG!

Why the heck would he think you were item scamming, and then report you for saying an unblocked word. A bad trade does not mean you are reported.

One long time ago when i was f2p, I saw this guy who reported another player because he didn't want to buy something.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

(Sarcasm) I won a stake! I'm a noob! I got killed in 3 minutes in castle wars by 3 ancients and a dharoker with low hp, and I deserve to be called a noob by a level 3! I use prayer, I'm a noob! (End sarcasm)

I hate sore losers that just want to annoy you, or, in case #2 of my post, people that just plain stink. The word "noob" is tossed around a lot these days, but what do most people think it really means?

-Strategic person

-person who uses prayer

-person who takes 3 minutes to get killed by 3 ancients, a dharoker, and a level 3

-person who asks for a little advice around something

all of the above are some runescape players' definitions of the word "noob". I think it's just wrong to use the term "noob" :notalk:

The word "newb", or "newbie", is a word for a new player. It is not meant to be offensive. the words "noob" and "newbie" are often mixed up by jerks who want to annoy you. don't let them get you down!

Bdavis12.png

egg1.PNG

Calling someone a noob is more or less the equivalent of saying "your mom, heheh" in real life. Both are extremely overused by ignorant, immature people who are too stupid to actually come up with witty rhetoric.

td2sig.jpg

IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve seen the word noob used a lot, and I would have to say itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s mostly higher levelled arrogant players that seem to use it when they donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t get their way within 0.2 nanoseconds of clicking/typing.

IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve been called a noob on very few occasions and mostly in funny circumstances, i.e. being called a def nub when someone couldnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t hit me in wildy (I have 2 def btw lolz).

I am sure I have called someone a noob before, be it once or twice in my RS career ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ not wanting to swear and being totally frustrated can lead one to using the N word on occasions. I understand the venting through using the N word, but overuse has destroyed the effect. Just go to any high populated trading world and watch as the ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâNoobÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ gets flung far and wide. We have become accustomed to it, and it no longer has any effect on the majority of RS.

The majority of Runescapers are just sore idiots who are spoilt brats.

Now, what was it you wanted? The meaning of noob? My SOHKMJ1 dictionary works wonders![/sarcasm]

Ok, here goes....

Noob: A stupid 7 year old who thinks he or she is always right.

I admit to being a part of the problem :?...but most of the people I call 'noobs' are exactly, based on the original meaning of the word, that compared to me. I have no problems with new players but when they thrust they're problems upon me, it obviously becomes my problem. Simple things like advice on money-making and the location of things don't bother me a bit, but asking for items irritates me to no end. I recieved nothing free when I began playing(well everyone else had just started too...) so I don't see why anyone who has just recently started a game should have something I worked weeks, and in some cases months, towards.

Future Home Of theseercull's Signature

It'll be grand, I can assure you ^.^

Most people under level 90 ARE noobs. Especially level 40-70

hey! 70+ is a high level player 30- is a newb and and 31-70 is a mid level player

signitureah0.png

Time waits for no man, but it can take a break for one in the restroom.

proud wearer of chain armor!~!~!~!~!

Definition of a noob: an idiot that drives me nuts. A person with no meaning and no purpose in the game... they are, in essence, just taking up space on a server... if your begging from me then your a noob, if your reporting me for not giving you my whip or dragon junk then your a noob, if your following me your a noob... thats the way i role.

People that are like "under my godly persona, theres a kind, goodlooking and rich god... i'm thinking about writing a book about how godly i am and dedicating it to me," THAT drives me insane... :D

insane-1.png

My favourite "Noob" story...

I had just joined members last summer, mainly because I really wanted to play castle wars. So after joining, on the day exactly, I went to castle wars to try it out. Upon getting there, I noticed a lot of commontion and entered the game, to find that Zezima was playing. (yes Zezima, not Zezima087 or pureZezima or any other dumb name). Of course, upwards of 50 people preceeded to hack the heck out of him. What I found the funniest though, was that this group of people began to yell "omg n00b, Zezima's a n00b because he died" and "omg Zezima is a prayer n00b, Zezima is a def n00b." I mean come on, of all people in Runescape, calling Zezima a noob? What do you expect him to do when like 50 people were attacking him.

On a side note, I HATE the word noob, and can proudly say I've never called anyone a noob in the game.

lol just say ty when they call u noobs its hilarious and usually lightens them up if they can laugh a lil giving u a second chance to talk to the person without the noob status flying up lol...but real noobs are as folows:

scammers,auto woodcutters,beggers,looters,pkers that worthless pk like abyss pkers that pk rcers,lurers,and just plain ppl that wanna argue with u all the time they have no life and find their strength in rs becuz theyr not man enuf to say stuff in rl that they feel free to say in rs...the way i see it I LOVE RANTS lol... \'

I've been called a noob for wanting to buy 10K raw lobs from a guy. He said he didn't want to sell to a noob. People here keep on acting as if its the higher level people who are calling people noobs, but maybe you just think that because when a level 7 or so calls you a noob you ignore it but when a high level calls you a noob you seem to remember it :?.

And for the person that says that noob is just a word, it doesn't hurt. Words do hurt! Ever been hit with a dictionary?

99/99 Cooking. 1500+ total level. 96+ Combat

lawlkv8.png

noob should not be used to describe a stupid person. it should only be used when talking about new players, because noob is short for newbie

Mizzou is ballin'!

Illini are fallin'!

Kansas is dead.

thumb_mizzou-logo.jpg