New Players (NOOBS) Getting A Bad Rap? - Post here!!!

chunky_monkey5

I'm a nub \'

I'm a pray nub...

I'm a nub cause I owned all of tetau with 2 other people \' ( 30 on 3)

and im a nub cause I use power ammys

I'm a nub cause I hit and run people with high def ( mean reall high over 40)

And I've been called a nub cause I actualy killed some people

pretty good for a noob eh? :thumbsup:

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people under level 90 ARE noobs. Especially level 40-70

So...combat levels determine if you are a Noob? I think not. I have seen level 126's act like that 10 year old kid who sits at the computer all day drinking MT dew and eating [garden tool]-hos, thinking he is 1337 because he can beat someone in the wilderness. Yes, I have seen this..this is not a joke.

I know people who are level *20* that are mature, know a lot about the game, and know all about the greatest and latest items and skills, and how to play the game.

My point? Combat levels do not determine if you are a NOOB.

I think if you were around the specific 126 long enough you'd see otherwise.

As a 126 myself I generally agree with you. Knowledge is power, not combat level.

However, being a high combat I think deserves some respect, if there's any left in the game. Getting called a noob every 30 minutes because I ignore someone trying to sell me an item I didn't ask to buy, refusing to do a skill cape emote, telling someone the proper price of an item as they try to rip off somebody else, ect. annoys me no end.

I often choose the "play dumb" approach as I guess the 126 in your example was. If someone is in edgeville bank asking for free items, I may go up to them and ask them for free items as well. It is simply a form of entertainment, fooling with the minds of the dimwitted. I'm sure you'd find it entertaining as well.

Since combat level is easy now due to recent additions (PC mainly) a better way to judge a "noob" is skill total. A balance in all stats, or atleast having tried all stats, shows they have some knowledge in the majority of the aspects of the game.

Lazyboy164 - 126 combat - 16 99's - 2215+ Total

ihavearighthr7.gif

Just to straighten something out, "Noob" wasn't meant to be "New player". Newbie was. Noob, is supposed to mean an obnoxious and annoying player. To be honest with you, lvl 40-70 isn't that high, even so, it's not your level, it's your knowledge of the game. I don't have to memorize prices of items, I remember them because I have an attention span larger than that of a mule. I don't think of myself as a high level (94), but I don't get called a noob for one reason. I know things about the game. Which doesn't mean I'm a geek, it means I know how to get on a site like this one, and read. Do you know how easy it is to look up the price of something instead of asking random people? Or look up an item's worth instead of offering an item that's worth too much or not enough? Which is why most of you people are being called noobs. I can't remember the last time I said that or someone's said that to me, but it's because I don't rely people playing the game for information, If I don't know somethign about the game I either come to a website like this, or I find out on my own. I.E. I try it to find out.

ix_pain_xi.png

i can stand newbs buy not noobs

here is a convo witha nub:

me(wearing d skimmy and full ghostly in lumby w18)

noob(wearing nothing)

noob:ill buy ur robes

me:not tradeable

noob:cmon ill buy for 20gp.. thats alot of money

me:shows noob 2m cash and 20k fires

noob:omfg did u hack the game thats impossible to have!!

me:im lvl 87 combat ur lvl 4 im much richer.

noob:so how much for you skimmy

me:95k

noob:omg im reporting you for item scamming

me: whatever ****(meant to say noob but the n and b are right next to each other)

noob:=0 reported for offen. lang.

me:whatever go away.

i start walking away and i look back and he has santa and full wiizy g robes and 3rd age mage robe top!

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Oh my God. You know what, screw you. That was the dumbest thing I've ever seen here. I'm level 70. But I have never been a noob in my entire LIFE. Call me a noob again, and I'll figure out a way to punch you in the face repeatedly through the Internet.

Sheesh.

[sarcastic]Well you have sure proved you aren't a noob[/sarcastic]. BTW, you are worse then most noobs if you try to make a point by threatening people over the internet.

I don't have to memorize prices of items, I remember them because I have an attention span larger than that of a mule.

Good on you! I couldn't have said it better!

Shutup.jpg

Golden Sun= the best game ever made?

Farming and construction are dumb. I am proud to have level 1 in both.

How to write very bad guides (B3$7 3\/4R!!!!1)

this is my view on noobs a noob is a player that is extremely stupid :wall: . you could have a lvl 126 going omg where the heck am i :wall: ??? that is a noob another form of noobs is someone that doesnt have dragon at pest control :notalk: (only place) if ur lvl 4 and not anoying i porbably wont cal u a noob :thumbsup: and i do agree that it is just used as and insult not meening anything :shame:

crystleyoshi.png

being a lvl 32 i guess its still legial 2 call me NOOB but 4 higher lvls its wrong u r right its getting annoying and its just well after u r called noob like 50 times in 1 day (back when i was a lvl like 20-27) its like its not my fault i have not been playing for like 1-10 yrs. does anybody no wht i mean noob is a word that should only be used sometimes. i could be called a noob because i would not give someone my like addy sword that was nfs. i mean duhhhhhhhh the noob word is so yesterday.

Createyourownbanneratmybannermakerc.jpg

newb=new player

noob=loser,idiot,tosser,*insert insult here*

theres a difference

i help newbs, i dont help noobs

neway, i was once called a defence noob coz i could wear barrows :wall:

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

When I started playing I thought "noob" was a mispelling of an arguably less pleasant word -.-

wat, bonbon? boon? bono? explain?

(jks lol, i understand)

i picked up the meaning of noob fairly quickly

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

"Noob" is overused

I got called a noob cause I didn't want to sell a glory :roll:

I got called a noob cause I didn't show someone my cape emote =D>

I got called a noob for beating someone in a fight :thumbsup:

Old school

When you offerbad trades they call you a NOOB

If you offer bad trades you ARE a noob.

very correct. if some1 offers a bronze pic for ur rune pic, then u gotta think that hes a nub :P

Staurolite.png

I'm sorry to say I suffer Noob... uh... itus.

I've called a handful of people noobs in my Runescape days ( :-# ), but seeing this thread, I'll try to stop.

sticky49r.png

stickyarrownj7.gif

.signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you If

I quit Runescape because it was boring, and the number it idiots was growing exponentially (Sorry, I'm not a math geek, but I thought that word would be good here...) every day! Its like every time I logged on, some level 10 would be like "Want to sell me that rune scimmy?" I'd tell them "No, its not for sale, besides, I don't think your account could wield it." And then this guy would be like "NOOB! I want to buy your scimmy! And my main would kill you noob account! Its a level 100 NOOB!!!" :roll:

souryw6.png

"Noob" is overused

I got called a noob cause I didn't want to sell a glory :roll:

I got called a noob cause I didn't show someone my cape emote =D>

I got called a noob for beating someone in a fight :thumbsup:

I agree. The word has no effect on me, people are constantly calling me a noob for beating them at castlewars. And, if I show them my full gold castlewars armor it doesn't change things.

I personally think its just a term people use when they are annoyed that someone else is better than them at something.

True definition of a noob:

lvl 3 trying to score with the flag in cws. lol

i hate people calling others a noob its so demeaning.

now ive heard people caling others on other games.

now if i get called a noob i just say the noob is the one calling others a noob.

why should we suffer for this

2880_s.gif

[spoiler=Clans]Current Events Leader of Tal Shiar Alliance

Current Raid Leader of Wilderness Guardians

Current Old School Power Ranger of Team Power Rangers

Current Member of Clan Europe

Ex Member of Team Dark Legacy (R.I.P)

Ex Paladin of Old Age Militos Deci

Ex Leader of New Age Militos Deci

Ex Early Veteran of Pk Masters (R.I.P)

agreed. the word noob is being used to desribe someone stupid or not knowing EVERYTHING about runescape, while the original use of the word meant new player. people are calling lvl 40-70s newbs, and theyre not. they arent new, and now people are thinking that if ur not level 90, ur a noob. it has to stop! :shock:

Lol i was in the duel arena staking on my lv 89 rune pure (my main acc) and i still get called a noob. On that acc ive been called pure noob, on my lv 61 staker ive been called a def noob, and on my lv 31 f2p pker ive been called a regular noob. It gets anoying but ther just jealous =].

range: 64/80/80

mage: 61/84/82

atk: 46/77/60

str 41/82/99

elvin007.gif

On one of my accounts (K I F F O) I always get called noob for nothing or because im less than 40 combat but with 60 crafting which earns me money I don't see how and my main is level 91 anyway but no one would belive me if I said because a load of noobs say it anyway.

.sigs these of many too read have you backwards this read you If

CapeAnimation.gif

Finding cool stuff = advertising.

• 2 weeks later...
Darn it happened again... I was going to buy a highway man mask, and honestly I didn't know how much those were worth, so I just told the guy who was selling it to tell me. He kept telling me "offer, offer!" so I put up 15k. The guy was like "Noob this is worth 50k!" and then flammed me everywhere I went in Catherby. If you want someone to offer, at least tell them a base price if they don't already know. :wall:

Yeah I hate that, they just want an excuse to call you noob... -.-

Offering is stupid. Just name a price, its so much easier.

Pasty.png

I'm often called a noob ( I'm combat level 65, by the way) for using correct grammar <.<

And I was once called a noob for walking over someone's fire they had just made...

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Nah. Mostly noob is used by unesscarily by immature 9 year olds who like to piss ohter players off.

We all call someone else a noob - I just called someone a noob yesterday cuz they barred me from his b sale cuz I was "Too nooby to by this hi lvled stuf"

madmax_410.png

madmax_410.png