New Players (NOOBS) Getting A Bad Rap? - Post here!!!

chunky_monkey5

When you offerbad trades they call you a NOOB

If you offer bad trades you ARE a noob.

not always...

it is alright if you dont know the price

it is alright if there was a recent price change

"We had gay burglars the other night. They broke in and rearranged the furniture."

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for example if you run out of wildy they call you a NOOb

When you offerbad trades they call you a NOOB

If you dont wanna lision to someone again NOOB

How many can their be? Its lame and annoying

When you offer a bad trade your wasting the sellers time :roll:

Brnz--4rr0wz

94 Magic, 61 Combat :D GF

soooo annoying when people call u a noob.

ur a noob--- ur a noob! if i got 1 gp for everytime i saw someone say noob, i'd be a millionaire by now.

Noob noob noob noob noob noob. one trip in the wildy and i would be rich.

varrock bank, world 1 and i would be rich.

noob trade, noob trade, ur such a noob.

argh!!!!!

O.mirzan-O.mirzan.gif

d drops/ legs(0) chain (0) axes (0) skirts (0) meds(0)/ visage! (0)/ rings (0)

-My Blog! Don't forget to post!

I'm playing my favorite mini-game, castlewars, and i decide to go underground. I run through the rocks, and some lv 56 in full red and blue castlewars armor colapses the rocks on me, and hes on my own team. As i die, he goes "Hahahaha owned n00b!" And of course, i can't fight back.

falcon_3555.png

If your one of the people who doesn't want a worthless easy skill cape like fletching or cooking. but do want one that takes time and effort, have a cookie, i applaued you.

personally I think noob is 2 tick some1 off and 2 make them do stupid things against themselves. I get called noob (level 92 here :roll: ) just cause some1 doesn't agree with me.

But there are certain noobs who have absolutely no knowledge of runescape what so ever. It so annoying when they ask me a question every1 should no.

ibiteu2death.png

[hide=Funny Quote]

Cbow! Cbow!!!!! +120 range is orgasmic. Or maul, thats what I'd get out of those two options.

I agree with baconisbacon, Cbow looks freaking sensual

Runescape: Where strong weapons bring sexual pleasure.

The size of the e-peen0r is directly proportional to the rarity/power of one's equipment.

[/hide]

The way I understand, is that "noobs" are those who are "annoying" etc etc. New players are NEWBIES. Of course they get a bad rap, because their is a sense of elitism amongst the more "senior" players, who often forget the days in the past when they were new, without money, items or a clue.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

True, I personally dont use the word noob, I nubcake or froob! But not on people asking questions... unless its can i have your amour??? PLEEEAAASSSEEE!!!

(\___/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") Real bunny!

Pm, should be on, if its not... the world is over...

Blog time, me thinks!

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?p=5540663#5540663

Sorry about my nooby sig, I just thought it would be wrong to try and pretend I wasn't a noob!

The Story of the Word "Noob"

----------------------------------

Long ago in a time known as 2001 RuneScape was in its infancy. After a few years it was big and the word noob was used occasinally. Back then, you see if a person was new and didn't know how to do something or get somewhere, they might say, "Can ny1 take me 2 fally? im a newb/n00b," and people would kindly hellp our newbie friend. But now, when a player asks that the most likely responces will be "Lol, figure it out n00b, I bet u have a main, and No frickin' wai n00blet" See, noob has gone from a variant of "newbie" to an insult on ANYONE.

new players are newbies/newbs but people asking stupid questions are noobs i think(for example asking what your combat lvl is when you stay beside them)

Best f2p crafter. (I hope)

95m+ bank since february 2009

Crafting with friends in w61 - Al-Kharid

http://www.pointblog.dk/?go=krat(only 1 time per 24 hours per person.. I did'nt make these rules, so don't flame me)

• 7 months later...

Im going to deviate slightly here and write this post in honor of a lvl 3 whose name I dont know or can't remeber... :thumbsup:

I was playing FOG and lucky me, i got a lvl 3 (it rhymes!!!). So any way i would just stand in the center and 1 hit him every time he came at me with his bronze dagger. I had forgotten to turn my pm to friends so it was just on. The whole time he didnt pm me and ask for the kill or anything; he didnt resign either. He just took 82 combat levels of pain for 10 minutes and then lasted a grand total of 15 seconds as the hunted.

My point is that this was a level three who deserved to never becalled a n00b in the new sense of the term. He was cool

(my friends list was full couldn't add him)

how many runescapers does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the lightbulb and the rest to complain about how the first one was better

There are lots of bad people in the world, but they're like slinkies; you can have so much fun pushing them down two flights of stairs...

Arigorn_380.png

My previous acount, 'WeirdAl_fan' was unable to be recovered after the crash...

• 3 weeks later...

I dont think I have ever called anyone a noob in the 7-ish years I have played Runesape.

If someone if being annoying I add them to ignore, or just turn chat to friends only.

It bugs me that the term noob is used way too often and way too freely in the game.

I remember a time when everyone was helpful towards each other and would gladly help anyone in need of help, now, the majority of people that I meet (I say majority because there are the few exceptions) Are not very helpful and automatically call you a noob for asking.

The thing that dissapointed me the most is that I have created a new account, my aim is to make it pure, range or mage, I have not decided yet, but I logged in as srgd2030 and as a level 5, I am not very good, so I figured I would start fletching, to get some range supplies and what now and I was astonished at the amount of people who were calling me a noob, why? Because I was using a new character? Because I was a level 5? Because I was using a bronze axe to cut down a tree? They were just idiots?

Whatever the reason it seriously dissapoints me.

What has happened to the people who play the game? It seriously reminds me why i keep public chat to friends only a lot of the time.

lizzy_wizzy.png

lizzy_wizzy.png

• 2 weeks later...

:boohoo:*epic music*

Tbh..noobs remind me of freshmen, they both are and get treated like dirt.

To broaden the subject: Runescape reminds me of highscool.

Freshmen:noobs

Upperclassmen:everyone except a noob(<-very vague).

You see (or not); the "Upperclassmen" give the "Freshmen" crap AND treat them like it AND they have to take it until they reach a higher status.

So whether or not you understood that..I tried to explain it to the best of my capability.

:D :D

Allybopper.png

:boohoo:*epic music*

Tbh..noobs remind me of freshmen, they both are and get treated like dirt.

To broaden the subject: Runescape reminds me of highscool.

Freshmen:noobs

Upperclassmen:everyone except a noob(<-very vague).

You see (or not); the "Upperclassmen" give the "Freshmen" crap AND treat them like it AND they have to take it until they reach a higher status.

So whether or not you understood that..I tried to explain it to the best of my capability.

:D :D

Me and my freshmanness resent that... (even though the high school part was right)

1 to change the lightbulb and the rest to complain about how the first one was better

There are lots of bad people in the world, but they're like slinkies; you can have so much fun pushing them down two flights of stairs...

Arigorn_380.png

Noob has lost most, if not all, of its original meaning. Its basically a universal, derogatory remark these days.

Why don't we just scratch derogatory from that description...

A good source of entertainment has sprung from this though. I take my fairly high level character into the safe ffa and whenever someone uses the term noob I kill them and the last words they here are 'Noob is pointless' its fun...especially when they call you a "nooB"

Arigorn_380.png

• 1 year later...

I try not to use the word noob in an offensive way. I try to say "Newbie" or "Newcomer." Once, when i came fresh from Tutorial Isle, I checked out my quest guide. I noticed the "Dragon Slayer" quest, and I asked someone where i could find the Champions' Guild, and he responded "You noob i could pwn u u cant get into teh champs guild u 2 noobish!" I wrote that down and years later, I finally found out what that meant: "You newcomer i could own you! You can't get into the Champions' Guild; you are to unexperienced!" I hate the word noob; i wasn't bad, i was new! I also hate 1337 speak; it took me 3 whole years to understand that!

Posted by Wugmaster Vincent Xxalius

final.gif

You have to take off everything except your gloves and boots. WTF JAGEX? :thumbdown:

Don't forget about the ring, you can keep that one to :)

And your necklace. :grin:

And quiver! This is fun :P!

I just think of "noob" as "new player", really. It's just a variation of the word.

Though, new players do get a bad reputation. Most just ask for money. <_<

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I got called a noob when i said the mid G.E value of proselyte armor correctly. :mellow:

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

• 3 weeks later...