New Players (NOOBS) Getting A Bad Rap? - Post here!!!

chunky_monkey5

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a noob for:

*Not having been playing since RSC

*not having full barrows

*using iron arrows to train

*not having 2bil to lend someone

&

*not liking castle wars over pest control and not being willing to bet a warrior ring that everyone else in the waiting room would agree with me!!

yeah, kinda proud I'm a noob under those conditions :thumbsup:

jagexvote.png :thumbsup:

[url=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/joystick/vote.php][img=http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q265/mr_moocky/jagexvote.png][/url]

for example if you run out of wildy they call you a NOOb

When you offerbad trades they call you a NOOB

If you dont wanna lision to someone again NOOB

If you have high defence you're a "def noob".

If you have low defence you're a "pure noob".

If you have high combat and low skills your called a combat noob

If you have low combat and high skills your called a level 3 noob :x .

~A billion Chinese can't be wrong: eat rice.~

~If you lost your left arm, your right arm would be left. O_o~

I get called a noob all the time. people call me noob if i tell some one to stop spamin or stop stealin a monster im fighting they go noob noob noob. im a flipin lvl 73 not a new playar!!!!!!!!!

and the armies of noobs will rise in the night and be slaughtered

Ok my sister was playing runescape on her lvl 30 account and she wanted to buy and addy scimmy as she wanted to get rid of her mithril one. Well she asks a lvl 26 guy who looked like he was a member and all she got was:

"Why you askin me n00b, do I look like I want to sell my scimmy and even if I did I wouldn't sell it to you, cuz your a noob."

It was something like that, but at the time I was like my god what a loser. I'm just a little disgusted by the way some people are getting treated by others on Runescape.

If your the one calling people a noob, then truly you are the noob; for being an immature git.

So ya. I'm a bit angry right now.

[Continues Ranting]

tbh i cant stand noobpures , str pures, str noobs, lvls 60-70 who think their better than everyone else, scammers, hacckers, macros, "i h4xx0rz3d yuoo u fat n33b!!!!!1111111111spam!!!!111......

the 1% of runescapers left are decent, well-meaning people

My Goal Signature

I'm a noob for having a Smithing cape.

I'm a noob for being a better miner than someone.

I'm a noob for not selling to ignorant none thread readers.

If it realy bothers you that much add them to the ignore list.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Well, people have been calling others: N00B or CH000B and FR000B.

Think about it, or go to the dictionary, these words do not exist, so there really shouldnt be any insult in there, so just ignore that and/or put them on ur ignore list, most of those people who go out there shouting that others are noobs, dont know what that means ow from what words was it taken.

The point of this is to tell the truth: there are no noobs in the world, only stupid people, because noob wasnt originally meant to call someone stupid, it was just another way to call someone that was new.

My own experiences:

-i was killing lessers and i got a rune med, and i did the jump for joy emote, and some guy called me noob

-i was triyng to make some money buiyng and selling stuff and a guy comes to me and offers a redbery pie, and i resign, and then he starts shouting that i was a noob for not aacceping that item wich he says to be worth more that 20m

I can understand 'noobs' can be annoying if they ask you for 10gp but some really want to take a good start. (Most are just begging for fun) but I think there are some new players out there that don't beg for their fun..

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

Why are cooking, fletching and firemaking noob 99s? It are 99s, sure they are easier than slayer or runecraft, but that doesn't make them noob skills. And noobs are basicly no- lifers, else they would've known better (not all no-lifers are noobs, noobs are (about) all no-lifers) just ignore them.

#4500 to 91 rc - 03-03-09

angel2w.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

normally the word "noob" is used by someone to call another person inferior (and/or stupid); other times if the "callee" is clearly superior to the caller, it means the caller is jealous/ insane

this situation of noob-calling in Runescape is similar to reality, you can't be liked by all, there is always some people who hate you, everyone is a noob to someone else (similar to the quote "Quisque Est Barbarus Alio", in this case; it would be "Quisque Est Noob Alio")

u r right (im a lvl 38) iget called a noob just because i am a low lvl :evil: :x :thumbdown: :!: :wall: :!: and hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Join the zamorakian nation!!!!!!!

we rok contact me if ur interested!!

• 2 weeks later...

LOL when i started playing rs the term "noob" meant fool or annoying..

but now if you are a lv 70 or lower you are considered a noob..

new players just killed the term..

and now if a person who eats during fight pits or have 99 str or def, they are noobs.. lmao, if a person has 99 def they should be a somewhat hero...

LOL recently i've been called a dd+ spec noob, meh i dont care

8a6769dab0.png