Hunter Potion- anyone notice it...

nyyankees588

i was browsing the kb and noticed this... at lvl 53 herblore you can make a hunting potion that temporarily raises hunting by 3 lvls

only takes-- avantoe + kebbit teath dust (kebbit teath ground with peste and morter

Getting another sig

[removed]

Look at it this way: to get spotted furs, you need 43 hunter. To use those furs you only need 40 hunter. To get dark furs you need 57 hunter. To use those furs you only need 54 hunter. To get spottier furs you need 69 hunter, but to use those furs you only need 66 hunter. See a pattern? If you didn't, you always need 3 more hunter levels to get the fur than to use it. The hunter potion gives you 3 termporary hunter levels. You only need temperary levels to get furs, but to use them you need permanent levels. A big coincidence? Or something done on purpose by Jagex? You decide.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

Look at it this way: to get spotted furs, you need 43 hunter. To use those furs you only need 40 hunter. To get dark furs you need 57 hunter. To use those furs you only need 54 hunter. To get spottier furs you need 69 hunter, but to use those furs you only need 66 hunter. See a pattern? If you didn't, you always need 3 more hunter levels to get the fur than to use it. The hunter potion gives you 3 termporary hunter levels. You only need temperary levels to get furs, but to use them you need permanent levels. A big coincidence? Or something done on purpose by Jagex? You decide.

Nice find, and I'm pretty sure you hit it right on the head.

That was my chain of thought, and that is why I am wearing the spottier cape at 66 hunting :D

Ajc100.png

*shrug* I already have gloves of silence and spotty cape at 28 hunting. Telegrab ftw 8-) :-w. I only wanted to see if I could telegrab them, which I could, so then I went to the fancy dress shop to see if I could make them, which I could, and then I was like "Oh em gee!" But then, the fateful message "You need 40 hunting to wear this"

TifSig.jpg

I did notice that too, but realised that you can just pick up furs dropped by other people. Not spottier ones yet, but they will come too.

Uula.png

Yeah, because its SO hard to get 3 hunting levels.

=; Please. =;

Two/Three days after release some ones already level 79. The highest level you would need for anything to do with hunting is 80. So its a really useless potion.

Add 1,407 posts to mine.

I did notice that too, but realised that you can just pick up furs dropped by other people. Not spottier ones yet, but they will come too.

I actually just picked up a load of spottier ones ::'

W00t!

icecube7.jpeg