People with high total levels compared to combat

Madouge

My combat lvl is higher then my skill total :o

But anyway, it just looks cooler but imo the coolness factor is dying as more people buy their skills on a skiller and call themself teh pwnage and not have any 99 selfdone skills.

......Odd

Coming Soon

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't matter what you have on it, it matters what you know about it. Best spots, fastest exp, most efficient exp. Certain place geography and a whole lot more count to the gameplay.

Combat really doesn't correlate with what the total level should be.

Ah, here we go again, said this many times.

These days, a high lvl player is considered around 120 + and even that isn't uncommon these days. Why is that you say? PEST CONTROL - Whip - Prayer Shortcuts - More worlds (more vacant training spots) the list goes on. Frankly, I'm NOT impressed at someone who is above 120 combat who has under 1600 skill total. I take this view, as do many others, simply because combat is easy, afkable and cheap.

However, a combat level of over 90 back in rsc was quite good. It showed dedication and hard work. In my eyes I saw this as one with skilling. Then, with the release of rs2 a lot of old timers such as myself noticed how easy it had suddenly become to train combat, and lost a lot of respect for plain combat players. I now view it as a seperate section of playing the game, and stick by Skills > Combat.

After reading that, I'll conclude up with an simple answer. Combat and skills have now become seperate, and many skillers agree combat is simply too easy to be declared a good thing to have high level. Skills are now what we focus on for hard work, dedication and patience :P

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

Elucin8er is right tbh, clans are also part of this trend. Most people with high combats-low totals are usually in a clan of some sort. It is almost sicking that clans like di-ds can boast over 100 members with like 123 combat average

Wondering what to do with life .....

this thread made me think alot... so im getting 100 combat soon lol something i should have done a while ago and im getting guthans for dagganoth kings

Give a man a lighter, and he will be warm for a while.

Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Ah, here we go again, said this many times.

These days, a high lvl player is considered around 120 + and even that isn't uncommon these days. Why is that you say? PEST CONTROL - Whip - Prayer Shortcuts - More worlds (more vacant training spots) the list goes on. Frankly, I'm NOT impressed at someone who is above 120 combat who has under 1600 skill total. I take this view, as do many others, simply because combat is easy, afkable and cheap.

However, a combat level of over 90 back in rsc was quite good. It showed dedication and hard work. In my eyes I saw this as one with skilling. Then, with the release of rs2 a lot of old timers such as myself noticed how easy it had suddenly become to train combat, and lost a lot of respect for plain combat players. I now view it as a seperate section of playing the game, and stick by Skills > Combat.

After reading that, I'll conclude up with an simple answer. Combat and skills have now become seperate, and many skillers agree combat is simply too easy to be declared a good thing to have high level. Skills are now what we focus on for hard work, dedication and patience :P

Yeah 90 was a feat....100+ was rare and honorable. Honestly, all of those benchmarks have been thrown out the window, with how many max combat players there are now....you would need at least 120 to even get a second glance.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

I personally never understood it. :-k

Sure, having low combat and high total is kind of cool... but not really practical in my opinion, and like someone said, combat probably is harder to raise than (most) skills.

I'm kind of a combat noob myself, but that's because I enjoy combat more than skills.

combat is really easy.

lets take lvl 3 guy with all skill 60 except atk/str/def/hp/prayer/range/magic (those = 1 except hp=10).

his total lvl = 976

now take this guy and let get him total lvl to 1200.

what would be easier? get each one of those lvl 1 skill to 32 or get another 224 lvls in skill that u already got lvl 60 in them ?

you get my point?

7 out of 23 skills are combat skills and can be train really easy with pc mini game.

Now days you can find players with combat 120+ and like 1400-1500 total lvl and it is just sad.

Most of them don't know nothing on the game as well just killing same thing over and over again or now playing pc alll day.

A player with high total lvl (high total for me is 1800+ now with hunting) mean that he/she tried every skill in the game and spend alot of time to learn how to train all the skills.

I think high total worth more then get skill cape (one or two) cause you only need to get lvl 85 in a skill to do everything in it (mostly). I think a good player is one that can do everything on his own and do everything he feel like.

High total lvls with not so high combat really impresses me.

btw I am combat 118 with total lvl of 2002 atm (still working on hunting lvl 61 from 80 goal).

Visit my web-site http://www.saam007.com.

Where you can find: Runescape Home Designer, Runescape Farming Tool, Runescape Sudoku Solver and how to pay membership while playing.

I think Jagex is seriously considering altering how you see the level of a player.

Imagine if instead of a combat level, you saw number that's 1/10th his skill total. Seeing a combat level 126 is common place, but how many skill level 200+ would you see walking around?

I place more interest in a player that advances all skills. In addition, Jagex offers quests and items that denote accomplishments in other areas of the game.

Ditto

What I hate is someone that has been at Pest Control for the last few months whose stats look like this:

bluehy9.png

And he/she would be respected for having a high combat (123) even though his/her non-combats absolutely suck (save 1 or 2). I think Nuke's idea is perfect.

I think Jagex is seriously considering altering how you see the level of a player.

Imagine if instead of a combat level, you saw number that's 1/10th his skill total. Seeing a combat level 126 is common place, but how many skill level 200+ would you see walking around?

I place more interest in a player that advances all skills. In addition, Jagex offers quests and items that denote accomplishments in other areas of the game.

Ditto

What I hate is someone that has been at Pest Control for the last few months whose stats look like this:

bluehy9.png

And he/she would be respected for having a high combat (123) even though his/her non-combats absolutely suck (save 1 or 2). I think Nuke's idea is perfect.

I'm sure Blue Ice2 would be offended. Maybe they just like combat? What is your problem with them training those skills, while you accept skillers even more?

lalalasig2.png

Having a high total lvl is praised because it shows you can put work into every aspect of the game including the boring ones. Having a high combat is still impressive but it shows that you enjoy the killing of the game instead of everything about it.

For example I myself enjoy leveling my skills and getting a high total lvl. I still enjoy combat but i also enjoy skills. I have met some players combat lvl 100 with total lvls just reaching 1000. I beat them by an easy 400-500 lvlswhile they would still beat me in a fight I would feel more proud of my account then that account because myn has more effort and is not just focused around combat.

Who stole me username? (Bill3111)

dharok,bill3111.gif

89/99 Fletching

Ditto

bluehy9.png

I'm sure Blue Ice2 would be offended. Maybe they just like combat? What is your problem with them training those skills, while you accept skillers even more?

Holy moly, how did you know it was Blue Ice2? I have nothing agaisnt him personally, I just saw him at the prayer guild showing of his Hitpoints cape/emote while I was on my pure. My point was that a newb (not noob) would see him and think "wow, he is awesome" while, when you think about it, maxed out melee stats with just over 1400 total is almost laughable in terms of respect. If total level was shown, people wouldn't care if he was 123 combat. Also, I never said that "I accepted skillers even more," I just said he shouldn't be respected more than someone else with a higher total level. That is my opinion, everyone has one, so please don't flame me for it.

By the way, I never meant for Blue's name to get involved, he was the first example I could think of.

well... I'm just barely 92 combat and have 1500 total.. despite my 5 years or so account age... which I think SHOULD be able to be proven somewhere... :|

Anyway, that comes from just playing, and not trying to go MAJOR into anything. I mean, my highest level is 76, and thats hits... I don't PC.

I find that better skill totals at lower combats I think are better, because combat is easy, and EVERYONE does combat.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Personally, I think the total level matters more.

sure, you can be a level 126 with a 396 total level..does that mean I'm gonna think you worked as hard as the guy with a 1584 total level and combat of 3? No..I wont.

total level > combat level. 'Nuff said.

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

Total lvl matters more IMO I know allot of people with a higher combat lvl then me and lower total lvl. I prefer skills more then combat. Altough havent trained allot lately (merchanting :P)

Runescape ingame name: Rmond (on the forum this name was already taken)

Rmond.png

Its a mixed bag for all different players. In my view (although I dont agree with it) seeing a level 100 with like 1200 total level, makes me think "PC ftw?". Although a complete love for combat is perfectly alright, its alot different for skills though.

People that deserve kudos are the ones that do skills that require time management and perserverence, such as agility, mining, thieving, runecrafting and farming. These are what I look for in a good alround player. Skills that take time, not skills that can be bought.

I hate it how the conception is mostly these days with fletching, that it is all bought, and can be leveled with ease and a good profit. People often dont think about the ones that actually "woodcut" and "spin" the "flax" that they "pick", instead of buying 10k yew longs (u) and bs and selling to a person with a lot onf nats.

Its not about respect though, I think about how silly runescape is when you think about it. I mean seriously, you think in your own head, man that guy is jealous of me because of X, but hes going to forget you once he leaves, the only players that truely have/get respect or kudos are the "zezimas" etc.

Household names. If you think that you are conserned about why you have a high combat level and low skill total for your level, and people think your a "noob", dont. They are only feeding their ego. This game is dead if you want to become famous, play for your own EGO, not other peoples :P

Jaskkes.png

i personally think people should try to atleast balance combat with noncombat.. I like to have a semi high total... My total is higher than a lot of 120+ i met in my time on rs i even have more total exp than a lot of em which is weird for a nooby 113... i don't think my stats are impressive at all only 4 99s 10 stats 90+ but i also don't like really high combat... PC sure made training the melee stats range and mage too easy imo.. people can play less than 1 year and be maxed melees guilded alter made prayer training A LOT faster now its just rather expensive.. I'm not a fan of high cbt or prayer so i really can't say much..

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp

I have 1393 skill total

Zzzamorack has 1403 skill total

I don't think i've put anywhere near the effort he has into the game.

Obviously, there are lots of exceptions, but i think that's the general idea.

In a little hilltop village they gambled for my clothes

I bargained for salvation and they gave me a lethal dose

I offered up my innocence, I got repaid with scorn

"Come in'', she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm"

well... I'm just barely 92 combat and have 1500 total.. despite my 5 years or so account age... which I think SHOULD be able to be proven somewhere... :|

Anyway, that comes from just playing, and not trying to go MAJOR into anything. I mean, my highest level is 76, and thats hits... I don't PC.

I find that better skill totals at lower combats I think are better, because combat is easy, and EVERYONE does combat.

Same here, and people rarely believe that I've been playing that long. Its tedious to no end...

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

I personally believe that Skills are greater than combat.

Sure there are 7 Combat Skills, it's obviously going to be easier and faster to max all combat skills out? Correct me wrong.

There are 16 Non-Combat Skills. 16 99's are going to take alot longer than it does to get the 7 Combat Skills to 99.

I personally have both a respectable combat level (106) and a above average skill total (1701) I think it should be left to each indervidual person to decide on their choice.

Some people get high combat and just Barrow or Daganoth King for their cash.

Some people prefer "picking flax"

Either way, skilling is definatly the slower way of making money therefore is more highly respected by me as it shows that time has been put into the account.

Final Word.. It's you own personal preference.

mazurizi.png