First cars

MPM

Unless you are one of the privileged few, the chances are that your first car is an A to B car that lasts just long enough to save up enough money for a new car. That's not really too bad, at least you get some stories from it ;)

My first car was an 85 chevy berette. I bought if for $800 cash, and was happy. After a day of driving it, it's problems started showing up.

If I let my foot off the gas, it would die.

My gas gauge didn't work, unless I made an extremely hard left turn.

I didn't have any lock keys to the car. Went to the chevy dealer, had them give me my key code, and had a locksmith make one. It worked only in my glove box....

Took the car to them with the passenger door lock removed. They keyed it, and now I have a working key! To my trunk and passenger door...

Finally, it got so broke that it would over fuel every time I turned it on, and became undriveable, so I bought what I have now, and have been driving it ever since.

Share you first car stories :)

~M

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wont be able to drive for another 2 months - thats when im 17 - then got take driving lessons =\

If all my plans go well, i will win the lottery this weekend and buy this:

photo_1.jpg

Lamborghini Gallardo Spider

:roll: I wish :cry:

IGN: HesFearless.

-Jamie

Yeah, good luck with that.

I've just gotten my license and have saved up a fair amount of money from my job, so I'm starting to look at cars. I'm looking for something under $5000, with less than 90k miles on it, preferably an import (they're more reliable and efficient).

So far, I'm looking at something like a mid-to-late-'90s Nissan Sentra, Mazda 626, or Mitsubishi Galant.

sanday79.png

newsig.png

newbankofrsyq0.gif

Im getting a Jeep wrangler thats $15,000 75k miles 2000, im buying the car, and my parent agree to pay the insurance and buy me a 4" lift and offroad tires.

rune,Ranger__999.gif I mean crap man, thats like his stomach plug on the ground back there, I mean im know doctor but that seems impossible due to body organs and cartelidge, i mean that was just one clean chunk

1990 Pontiac Sunbird. Got it from my grandfather as he didn't drive it anymore.

-The horn doesn't work.

-The oil leaks.

-The power steering fluid leaks.

-The gas tank leaks if you fill it past 80%

-When I first got it, it took like 15 turns of the key to get it started - I eventually had to take it in to get fixed.

-The check engine light comes on if you drive past 80km/h.

-The tripometer gets stuck.

:)

summerpngwy6.jpg

God why are you guys spending so much on your first car?

I was looking to spend under ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã1000 on my first car, and try to get as low insurance as possible - of course - although im going to need a job pretty soon to start saving up for a car :(

IGN: HesFearless.

-Jamie

Wont be able to drive for another 2 months - thats when im 17 - then got take driving lessons =\

If all my plans go well, i will win the lottery this weekend and buy this:

photo_1.jpg

Lamborghini Gallardo Spider

:roll: I wish :cry:

Thats not a spider is it?

On topic: Mine will probably be a Citroen berlingo. Good value for money, and most practical to suit my (read: our) needs.

Vmser.png

I was actually pretty lucky with my car situation. I was able to use a family car up until April of this year (8 months ago), and all I had to do was pay insurance, gas, and maintenance. My first car that I bought when I couldn't use the family car any more is a 2006 Chevy Cobalt. $14,000 new. It has 12,000 miles on it now, which I guess isn't bad for 8 months. I'm keeping it till it dies though, so hopefully I can get 10 more years out of it.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

My first car is a 2000 Pontiac Firebird. My parents took the money out of their savings to buy it for me a few months ago though I get my license on Tuesday.

p9100007fz3.th.jpg

Only a few problems with it:

-Broken visor

-Brakes need to be looked at

-Needs new tires

-minor scratches

There's only 2 other cars I would have rather gotten.. A '69 Mustang or a '75 Corvette.

Nice firebird, i'll always remember that car from American Beauty. I wish i had a firebird. Im currently learning to drive at the moment. Don't know what car i will get after.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

My first car had windows that only worked somtimes, turn signals that only worked sometimes, and side-mirrors that fell off randomly, to name a new things.

I actually had the option of having one of my parents' old cars, but noo don't ever do that. Make sure that your first car is as cheap as possible, because something bad is sure to happen to it!

A mind not to be changed by place or time.

The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a heav'n of hell, a hell of heav'n.

First car was a 1991 Ford Explorer which died if you stepped too lightly on the accelerator so you can imagine how many times I accidentally spun out in town at a stop sign >.<

It died one hot summer day at Best Buy and I was stranded for 6 hours there and it's still screwed up, no one knows anything other than it'd probably be cheaper to get a new car :P So my parents let me drive their 1998 Explorer after they got my grandpa's car. For college I'd love to get a VW Bus :P

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

First car was a 1991 Ford Explorer which died if you stepped too lightly on the accelerator so you can imagine how many times I accidentally spun out in town at a stop sign >.<

It died one hot summer day at Best Buy and I was stranded for 6 hours there and it's still screwed up, no one knows anything other than it'd probably be cheaper to get a new car :P So my parents let me drive their 1998 Explorer after they got my grandpa's car. For college I'd love to get a VW Bus :P

My parents used to have an explorer. I don't know what year it was but we had it for quite a while. Nice vehicles if you ask me.. And I totally think you should get a VW Bus lol.

My parents used to have an explorer. I don't know what year it was but we had it for quite a while. Nice vehicles if you ask me.. And I totally think you should get a VW Bus lol.

Would have to learn to drive a manual car, but that's no big problem, I've been around tractors long enough to get the basics figured out :P

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

Would have to learn to drive a manual car, but that's no big problem, I've been around tractors long enough to get the basics figured out :P

My friend promised to teach me how to drive a manual if he ever gets one.. I hope he doesn't mind a few dents :P

Volkswagen's are for Pansies. That's why my mom had one :uhh: .

She had a Passat though, not a bus. And you'd be t3h BMOC if you went around in a Bus :lol: :D

In neg with a guy atm to buy his Patrol:

92 Bundera

3" sus lift

2" body lift

35" mudzilla's

f&r air lockers

8000lb whinch

long range tank

4x 100w spotties across the roof

2x 100w spotties on the bullbar

reversing lights

gps unit

40ch UHF

He wants 8K for it, but meah. Trying to get it for 6.5

92 Bundera

3" sus lift

2" body lift

35" mudzilla's

f&r air lockers

8000lb whinch

long range tank

reversing lights

gps unit

40ch UHF

Isnt 6.5k still fairly much for a '92 car?

Vmser.png

92 Bundera

3" sus lift

2" body lift

35" mudzilla's

f&r air lockers

8000lb whinch

long range tank

reversing lights

gps unit

40ch UHF

Isnt 6.5k still fairly much for a '92 car?

My '92 skylark cost $300 O.o

we then replaced the battery and are in the midst of replacing the exhaust system. There was another problem that I have forgotten.. and I still havn't driven it :?

I drove a '95 intrepid until last month when some old man hit me and totalled it...Now I drive...Nothing. <.<

My parents gave it to me...It was only driven for like 4 years, so it had pretty low miles, it was cool.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

My first car was a early 90's Honda Accord inspire. Was a pretty good car, before I took it down to play in a local river bed :D Was heaps of fun down there (apart from it almost getting stuck, stupid council for not providing turning areas). On the way back we watch a Toyota hilux almost getting bogged down in same soft gravel in front of us. So when I got to that spot I floored it and the car flew across, never went the same afterwards kept on rattling and making strange sounds. Also broke the power steering pump. I do not think I have any photos.

After that I brought my current truck, which is a 1994 toyota hilux. It is still fairly standard but one day I would do it up a bit. The only problem is the stupid back window and accessing the boot. Here is a picture of it

IMG_0710_1_1.JPG

I am thinking of selling it and buying a 1997 Toyota Hilux.

Just say "But its a Nissan", then offer him 3k. After that, take strip off all of the parts use them to do up a Hilux. Then sell the patrol.

Depending on its miliage and service history 8k does not seem that bad, getting it for 6.5k would seem like a bargain. The tyres by themselves are worth 1.5k when new and the winch another couple of thousand if it was decent quality.

1197.jpg

This is the same model/color that I had except my version was rusty, dented, and dirty. I sold it to a friend for 1 dollar (was probably worth at least $50.00). Wonderful car, I beat it to death but it still worked amazing.

untitled2copyxn6.jpg