The Jagex Scam...?

The_Unnamed_One

Now, I am actually looking for your wisdom and guidence, please help me.

Written on a site I won't name (sorry again):

Those of you who go on the offical RS forums, or the [not named] forums I'm sureknow about this... It is suspected that Jagex scammed thousands of players. Heres how...

-A lot of people have been banned recently falsely or by their fault

-Jagex brought in last chance appeals

-A good number of people got their accounts back

-Those people re-bought membership

-Jagex rebanned them all saying "Permenant ban re-applied"

-Jagex still has those accounts banned but probably made thousands of dollars

This was more than likely a scam. Why would Jagex do this though? Aren't they making enoughh money already?

The real question is were they trying to scrape up their last few dollars before closign the game down?

If you don't belive me, look here

http://www.runescapecommunity.com/index ... 0810&st=20

or here

[site hidden]

Discuss....

This is all reguarding the "last chance appeal" for previously banned accounts.

Well, I love Runescape and Jagex, and would hate for this to be true, but this seems to be incriminating evidence, any insite?

I am sorry for any rules I am breaking/have already broken by posting this...but please, give me an answer; I'm worried for the future of Runescape. :?

Evidence? There is no evidence. Sure players might CLAIM that this happened, but do we know it for sure? Perhaps the players of that community just wants attention, or they have a grudge with Jagex.

If I were you I would just ignore this :mrgreen:

When sperm whales mate, 3/4 of the sperm goes into the sea, not his mate.

Thats why sea water tastes funny

I doubt it very very very much.. Why would a company that makes thousands of dollars a day... Why would they need to do this anyways :roll:

homerhc6.jpg

Respect- Oy_the_Great, Lode, Bubsa, Weezcake, Thrash111, Gloric, Vmser, Pianofrieak2, Runemetsa

Sigs Made By - Pink

hmm...

(5 attempts at writing an insightful post later...)

No, I don't think that Jagex would ever do something like that.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

I seriously doubt that they would do something like that. Wouldn't that open them up to them getting sued by all of the people that got rebanned?

Meridithila.png

Meridithila.png

The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI.

First Dragon Drop 5/6/2006 -Dragon Med from Bronze Dragon :D

First Barrows Item From Chest 2/20/2007 - Verac's Brassard :D

I don't think Jagex would do that. If they rebanned for example 10000 accounts, they had made $50000 with that. Now, it takes a lot of work, maybe a couple of days, to do so. JaGeX makes thousands of dollars (probably more, im not an expert) a day, so this 'pocket money' would be a complete waste of time... <.<

getfirefoxmo6.gif

did u read the whole post? part of what the admin said was the people were, listen close, Refunded there money who were rebanned after being unbanned. so no Jagex didnt scam anyone, u had to read the whole post :roll:

If at first you dont suceed, then you fail.

I've heard the only people who were rebanned were macroers and scammers; Andrew himself supposedly said that these two types of offenders were not meant to be a part of the "last chance appeal" process in the first place and this was a bug in the system. I also heard those people who were quickly rebanned will be getting a refund if they bought p2p after being unbanned. I'm sorry I don't have pics, but if it's the truth we will all find out soon enough. :wink: By the way, the picture shows that the guy broke rule 7, macroing - so if my information is correct he should have been rebanned anyway.

guys, here's the dealio.

Just a quick thread to clear up some recent confusion, over a mistake that occurred this weekend.

A small number of accounts which really shouldn't have been unbanned, accidentally were! This mistake was quickly spotted and the accounts were rebanned again shortly afterwards, so luckily little permanent harm was done.

We have only rebanned accounts which really really shouldn't have been unbanned in the first place, (such as macroers and scammers). Those accounts will of course be left banned for the good of the rest of the community.

There have been objections that some of those players may have resubscribed in the intervening period. It's a very good point which we intend to rectify. We're only talking about a handful of people here, as the window was short, and luckily we have a precise list of all the accounts which were unbanned and immediately rebanned due to the mistake.

Therefore we will go through and check them all, and any who were unbanned due to that particular mistake, and took out a new credit-card agreement in the very short intervening period before being rebanned without further offense, will be refunded back to their card. We don't normally refund banned accounts, but in this one case will make an exception for obvious reasons.

Please note we already know exactly which accounts to look at, so there is no need to send in support query asking. The refund will be given automatically. Players stirring up trouble and claiming they were affected when they know full well they weren't should be aware they are breaking rule 10. So please don't.

Thanks

Andrew

Jagex wouldn't do such things.. they wouldn't ruin their reputation.. I trust them 100%. Maybe that happen because a mistake with the banning system. Then they found out, so they ban those player again..

~BOMB =P~

I doubt it very very very much.. Why would a company that makes thousands of dollars a day... Why would they need to do this anyways :roll:

With 800k members, they make $133,333 a day (or roughly $4 million a month). The "scam" makes no sense.

Their operations are beyond profitable to be shut down. Also the poster knows nothing about Andrew Gower. Even if you haven't met a person, you simply can tell if he's that sort of guy. Andrew would 'never' pull this off, let alone for such a ridiculous sum.

And as stated above, he will refund the handful of people who were unbanned and then banned again.

With 800k members, they make $133,333 a day (or roughly $4 million a month). The "scam" makes no sense.

Their operations are beyond profitable to be shut down. Also the poster knows nothing about Andrew Gower. Even if you haven't met a person, you simply can tell if he's that sort of guy. Andrew would 'never' pull this off, let alone for such a ridiculous sum.

And as stated above, he will refund the handful of people who were unbanned and then banned again.

agree!!!!!! You stated out what I wanna say :).