Name a Band unique to you

Sp4de

Hmm, I think Sufjan is about the most popular folk artist in the world of music lovers and the Gorillaz are (were...) HUGE in europe.

Yeah... they are very popular all over, but they are still very unique.

You don't have to be non-mainstream to be different.

(Maybe I'm not following what you're saying here:?)

Well I thaught this thread was about bands not many people know. Sufjan and the Gorillaz are pretty popular.

As for me: Museum and Datura are good German (postrock) bands. dEUS is my fav Belgian band, Absynthe Minded is great as well.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the butterfly effect - best Australian band ever, no questions asked.

Evermore - A really awesome laid back Kiwi band

Filter? I dunno if people still listen to these guys or not?

Mars Volta - Im sure people here listen to them, alot, but they are not quite mainstream but my god they are incredible.

111yr4.jpg

the butterfly effect - best Australian band ever, no questions asked.

Evermore - A really awesome laid back Kiwi band

Filter? I dunno if people still listen to these guys or not?

Mars Volta - Im sure people here listen to them, alot, but they are not quite mainstream but my god they are incredible.

Mars Volta is essentially all over the place now in the states. Hear about 'em all the time.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of Libertines, Babyshambles, Pete Doherty or The Stone Roses fans on these forums.
Maybe its just because the time I saw Pete Docherty he was out of his face and could barely stand but I dont really like him. I thought the Libertines were ok but he's just a mess now with Babyshambles.

yeah... he is surrounded by a greenish-grey cloud, and you can also hear that from his music. When he was little more in his senses, he was ok, but now he (his brain) is done for.

I disagree. While I'm with you that Babyshambles will never be The Libertines, they still make good music. Down in Albion is a good album, and the new EP The Blinding is really good as well.

I think there's a huge stigma against Doherty just because of his drug abuse. People need to ignore that and give the music a good chance, he's one of the best lyricists/songwriters of this generation.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

The Blood Brothers

George Moshington

Gogol Bordello

New Mexican Disaster Squad

Portugal. The Man

I am sure other people have heard of them.

Dispatch

The Black Keys

Ben Kweller/Radish

Rocco Deluca & the Burden

Feeling Left Out/Joe Wilson

Pepper

Flogging Molly \

Iron and Wine | Not popular around where I live, I dunno about elsewhere

Keller Williams /

Both Pepper and Flogging Molly are pretty well known. I know Iron and Wine is pretty big too.

What I mean is, post a band that you listen to and don't think anyone else [who reads this forum] listens to.

I'll start with Arsis, a melodic death metal band.

Arsis is interesting, but I think that In Flames beats any of these Metal bands people are saying.

srequest2me.jpg

I am an Atheist, and I take pride in it.

Did you see the Babyshambles on the Culture Show at the weekend Dan? Was a good song but when he was talking to the presenter I couldn't understand a word of what he was saying :(

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Did you see the Babyshambles on the Culture Show at the weekend Dan? Was a good song but when he was talking to the presenter I couldn't understand a word of what he was saying :(

Nah I didn't catch it. A good chance to see Doherty at his most lucid (and with a really, really good performance of Beg, Steal or Borrow) would be his Jonathon Ross interview.

Part 1

Part 2

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

Barenaked Ladies
They're awesome. :lol:

O.A.R. anyone?

O.A.R. is the college staple. Every college kid in America knows OAR and all the smart ones loathe them. Way overexposed. In fact, they're pretty much the antithesis of what this post is going for.

I'm digging Melvin Taylor and Rory Gallagher lately...I'd throw in Jason Becker as well, but I'll bet that Dan knows who he is.

The Blood Brothers

George Moshington

Gogol Bordello

New Mexican Disaster Squad

Portugal. The Man

Blood Brothers?

Portugal. The Man?

Awesome me too. I also listen to:

Circa Survive

The Fall of Troy (not so underground)

The sound of silence

He is Legend

and many more..

newdigital2bm0.png

Signature by me.

Don't hesitate to pm me a hyt :^_^:

I really love Dream Theater and the only other fans I know other than online are people that I've introduced to DT. They are pretty much un-heard of in the UK.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!