Tip.It Times Presents: Be vewwy, vewwy quiet���¢�¢â�š�¬���¦

Kiara_Kat

I love the article. It's nice to see someone agree with me on how great hunting is after hearing everyone hate it in the fishing guild.

I thought it was enjoyable. Only problem is, falconing is so limited, i wish they would expand more. Give you some clips of the bird killing the kebbit, kinda like the clips in the brimhaven agility arena when u dodge the darts.

Anyways, great article. Hope you guys write more like these than ones like last weeks... lol :lol:

goldenramoth.png

goldenramoth.png

goldenramoth.png

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been holding in my opinion on Hunting, so now to let it all out. In my opinion, Hunting was a rushed skill. In fact, it probably shouldn't have been a stand alone skill. It feels much more like playing a mini game (except for bird snaring). To me, it seems Jagex wanted to get something out there as fast as they could, and the fact that it wasn't a money-sucker like some players feared it to be was good. Overall, however, the skill lacked the finesse or excitement of other skills. You can only hunt so many kebbits before it becomes so repetitive.

Jagex definetly needs to tie this skill in to other skills. The 70+ cap isn't such a big deal, as this is a relatively new skill. Obviously, as players level and the highscores increase there will be new updates, perhaps a better, longer quest (Maybe even Construction as well, that never got a quest).

All in all, there is much left to be improved upon.

pouserbarkp4.png

Project Onyx Staff Writer. Stories, articles, and opinions, oh my!

Nice read. When I first tried Hunting, I hated it. I bought liek 40 bird snares (lol). I thought they got used up... and when I got to teh place that had the birds, it took me about 20mins to get to lv 5. It was quite annoying at first, but it got better.

After reading the article, I thought that there must be two different kinds of hunters: the ones that dont play liek crazy and accually have fun with it,

and the ones who play it just to get it up (which isn't very fun at all)

So I was like, "cool," cause I had a different view point on hunting that was a good one.

whiteknightyu9.png

yeata7.png

won1ew3.png

Snake6man.png

Whats your average lv? viewtopic.php?t=615571&start=0&pos

I agree with the editor on everything that needs to be done :)

I'm waiting for the traps to be put back in inventory when random events come ::'

Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

Going for Level 99 Magic & Level 99 Smithing!!!

Going for 200M Woodcutting exp!!!!!!!

0346-0077-6360 Mario kart Wii

I hope that you are Reporting the Bots! Please Report Bots.

A very nice and relaxing read after watching our football team win CIF. I though you'd hate hunting though. I'm glad to see that some people still have a positive attitude instead of a negative one on this. But they could release some higher level hunting stuff.

Have fun hunting (I've given up on it, I've got better things to do, on my way to quests cape)

I would put a cool link here but I don't know how.

That article was good...and some of the suggestions were BRILLIANT! I hope at least one comes out(hopefully the falconry ones). Oh I agree with the editor with the randoms...I lost 1 of my 2 bird snares with Prison Pete...I hope Jagex does something about that as well.

runescaperights0hc.gif

Click on Website to join my clan, Impures Unite.

fixfriendsol7.gif

Shouldn't there be more dwarf truck stops? Click to support.

good article =D> but.....................

our editor is wrong. it is not a stand alone skill. hunter complements prayer (bone and b bones) cooking and firemaking (if some morons choose to cook the meat) fletching (the colored feathers) fishing (stripy feathers) and woodcutting ( logs for deadfall and pitfall). No offense editor, but u should do some observing when u are hunting.

You don't need combat skills, you don't need food.

hitpoints and food are useful (espicially to nooby lvl 3 hunters) if u r using pitfalls

The lack of money making potential is a bit of a downside,

big bones go for 250-350 ea dont they? But then again he is talking in general about the people who dont have fairy ring access. Plus a few peeps today still buy hunter clothing. So i have to agree that there is not a huge potential but i wouldnt say its profit is net zero total.

My first in depth reply......... later peeps

Proud member of 3 runescape fansites- tip.it, zybez, and runehq (tho the runehq forums were a little wierd to navigate so i purposefully forgot my account name and password for it)

w00t 1st post (not that special y'know)

:wall: Missed 1st post again...

w00t 2nd post, ill take a read

edit:dam 2 guys beat me to it in like 5 seconds...

I missed it again. Getting closer to that first post though.

GAHHH, why all this mess about the first post?! :x

Real LifeÃÆââââ¬Ã¾Ãââ

Haha that maked me laugh :lol:

Good article! :)

w00t 1st post (not that special y'know)

:wall: Missed 1st post again...

w00t 2nd post, ill take a read

edit:dam 2 guys beat me to it in like 5 seconds...

I missed it again. Getting closer to that first post though.

GAHHH, why all this mess about the first post?! :x

i would have said that if i'd come sooner

Nice article- If I was a member. All these articles make me wish I'd become a member. One day...*sigh*

Well, it's not like I haven't read through every single guide and page in this site :)

fsmbanner1.jpg

The Editor hit it on the head when he/she said that Hunting is a net zero. But that's okay. The most expensive item in the skill is the imp boxes, which is over 700 coins.

Personally, I enjoy hunting, though I'm disappointed that there is very little outcome or very few rewards in it. However, I'm sure that Jagex will release updates for it eventually. Hopefully it will be like Slayer where they introduce a few new creatures to hunt every month or so.

Another thing I like about the skill is that it levels so quickly. I was gaining an average of 10 levels a day, and I'm currently at level 57 because I thought my slayer skill was a little more important.

Overall, I rate the hunter skill a 7/10 until Jagex starts expanding it a little.

Good article, too.

Now that the first day rush has eased most items are relatively valueless (no more opportunities to sell orange salamanders for 100k thank goodness.) However there appears to be a market for the red chinchompas. They stack so you can catch them all day without banking and can be sold for around 300 each. That's not too shabby, especially if, like me, you are tired of churning out cannonballs to sell.

Pretty good article. Though I don't know why YME liked falconry so much, when I tried it it was very tough to get a kebbit because there were a lot of people there. The xp isn't that much better either.

-Runescape Addict --- Seven-time Writer for the Tip.It Times-

"Yes I have tricks in my pocket, I have things up my sleeve. But I am the opposite of a stage magician. He gives you the illusion that has the appearance of truth. I give you truth in the pleasant disguise of illusion." - The Glass Menagerie

DragonkinFF13Sig2copy.jpg

"This game isn't about graphics, it's about fun." - The Great Ortiz 9471

<> Dragon drops: Plateskirt(1), Half Shield(1) <>

OK, firstly, like the previous Tip.It Times articles, I enjoyed the read. Well written (minor errors aside, it happens) and informative.

Much like you my initial impression of Hunter was that it lacked a relationship with the other skills on Runescape, and my first impression was of a stand alone skill.

This is not true. From a combat point of view you get three new weapons. The combat changing lizards/salamanders which may lack punch, but may prove more potent in situations requiring quickly changing combat types (Dagannoth mommy just lost her edge :D ). Chinchompas, as you pointed out, could be useful in drawing crowd aggro. And lastly, something left unmentioned. The Hunter crossbow; costing 1300 gp, which means it is in fact the highest priced item currently available in the Hunter skill-imp boxes come second.

My tests with this weapon were quite promising. It fires just faster than short bows, with a damage output comparable to steel arrows. It makes a great range training weapon thanks to its speed and potency-beating the favored iron arrows. The main issue with it is the ammo, taking a fair bit of work gather large numbers of kebbit [bleep]es.

But that's the other beauty of this weapon. It will provide hunters with that means for money making. Check the official Runescape forums and you will find that there is a demand for [bleep]es already with very few suppliers. For fans of dead falling, this could be a very relaxing way to pull in cash.

There are other ways hunter works with the rest of the skills available. Bird hunting provides an alternative to massive chicken slaughter in the collection of feathers. Regardless of the type of feather collected, all can be used in fletching to make arrows or darts. A lucky charm (that is not so magically delicious) made from a rabbit's foot will help woodcutters get more nests, and the gloves of silence are a long desired item for thieves.

While I agree that Hunter could use more additions, and there are a plethora of possibilities tied to this skill, at least there are plenty of things to do in the meantime.

Simark.png

I do agree that they need to make better rewards for higher levels than 71 becasue after you get to 71 you really have no other reason to raise it anymore. Maybe hunting will some how tie into summoning where you have to hunt and capture the animal to summon it :pray: :-k

prospektssigza4.jpg