mother trying to ban harry potter from schools

Riku3220

Anyway, this is a step too far. It's entertainment, not some crazy preaching about witchcraft.

Even if it was it would be going against freedom of religion, cause witchcraft counts as a belief system.

Though I don't put much trust in freedom of religion anymore, the government doesn't really enforce it now a days, they are mostly biased towards Christianity, so if the church wants something banned the government isn't going to stop them.

crim2ma.jpg

~^v^~Ex-Leader of the Divine Flames of Redemption~^v^~

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, if that happens i will quit bieng a librarien in protes ;) which means it won't happen. witch craft?? is her head screwed on too tight??

lol total opposite she has a screw loose

anyway thats monkeys who in the world is gonna believe you can summon demons to do your bidding......... :-w

wendigo66.jpeg

click my sig for my blog!!!

Thanks everyone for the sigs they pwn!

No. Why should i give presents for someone in rs?

Most selfish thing I've ever heard

The sad thing is, this has been going on for a while now in many places, and in some places they have been successful in banning them.

America isn't the only one to do such things though, take a look of the banned book list in Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_banned_books

Even classic books such as works by Mark Twain are being banned just because it has the N word in it.

Then going by the logic of the N word, Of mice and Men should be banned for the N word and the B word.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

The sad thing is, this has been going on for a while now in many places, and in some places they have been successful in banning them.

America isn't the only one to do such things though, take a look of the banned book list in Wikipedia:

Even classic books such as works by Mark Twain are being banned just because it has the N word in it.

Then going by the logic of the N word, Of mice and Men should be banned for the N word and the B word.

Its been banned in places as well if you would look at the list.

crim2ma.jpg

the narnia books are all about witchcraft and magic - and yet they are christian propaganda. go figure :?

Back by popular demand!

And I guess I just wanted to tell you, as the light starts to fade, that you aree the reason, that I am not afraid, and I guess I just wanted to mention, as the heavens will fall, that we will be together soon if we will be anything at all.

I did. It ain't there.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Anyway, this is a step too far. It's entertainment, not some crazy preaching about witchcraft.

Even if it was it would be going against freedom of religion, cause witchcraft counts as a belief system.

Though I don't put much trust in freedom of religion anymore, the government doesn't really enforce it now a days, they are mostly biased towards Christianity, so if the church wants something banned the government isn't going to stop them.

Thank you. =D>

If you ban Harry Potter from schools, you better ban 90% of the books. Not only the books are brilliant written, also they are quite educative and entertaining at the same time.

And a general rule, if you forbid something, people will be more interested and they always find a way to get the books anyway.

signature4s.jpg

I did. It ain't there.

Odd, I could've swore I saw it on that list, though while doing a search I saw a couple other lists and thats probably where I saw it.

I do know it has been banned in places though.

crim2ma.jpg

Hundreds of other widely recognized literary works would also need to be banned (like Uncle Tom's Cabin) based on this criterion. I think it's ridiculous to try to ban books just because they are no longer "pc", even though they were accepted when they were written. In doing this, we stifle and skew our view of history. We can't just pretend that those words or thoughts never existed because that is when they come back to haunt us. In fact, these sources are some of the most valuable in finding the thoughts, ideas, and views that permeated these time periods.

It's called freedom of the press, lady, and it's been around for 200 years. You can't change the historical record for future generations because you don't agree with it today.

yan+the+wise.png