mother trying to ban harry potter from schools

Riku3220

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well thats thick.

The people who the books are aimed at know you can't do magic. Thats the type of person who will stop children from playing a game because it involves people hitting people with Red Swords and Satanic pieces of leather(I am talking about RuneScape).

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Intelligent Design

Name ONE thing that proves "intelligent design" (call it [bleep]ing creationism, you know that's what it is). I hate you idiot conservatives/fundamentalists so much. You have absolutely no way to back up your theories except for a book, and for all we know some guy 2000 years ago could have said "Hey, why don't I screw with everyone for the rest of eternity?", and proceeded to write the Bible. Evolution isn't completely proven, but it at least has firm evidence.

On topic: IT'S A BOOK, GET OVER YOURSELF YOU STUPID HAG. Man I feel better.

Intelligent Design

I thought so. Now I know I can disregard all future posts from you.

No more posts on the subject of evolution vs. creationism - this isn't a topic for that.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

That's pretty sad.

For over a year she has been trying to get this done. << Now that's someone who has to get a life.....

Well going by what you said, Ghandi had no life. So did all others who fight for what the believe in, thats in your opinion though.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Where I live...

-You HAVE to read part of the Bible in the 9th grade. You have a whole unit on Bible stories.

-You HAVE to act as if Evolution is true, even if you don't believe in it.

If this is about religion, then why not get rid of those two as well?

If it's about the fact that it has witchcraft, down the drain goes RuneScape, WoW, Eragon, etc. Seriously...

Last time I check there's something called the Freedom of the Press. Yes, I know that's American and is mainly for newspapers, but I'm sure there's a way it could protect Harry Potter.

I have friends that go to a PRIVATE Christian school where Harry Potter isn't allowed. That's PRIVATE, I have no problem with it. But this is about public schools...Completely different...

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

lol i wonder wot she would say about the alex rider books

those tell children that they should carry weapons - create big explosions and go around saving the world in very exciting ways!

BAN THEM!!

Tk5SF.png

Hmm, with her logic we might as well get rid of the LOTR series too, I mean mystical creatures are not acceptable in schools. There's those Dragon Slayer books, forgot the name, definitely need to rid of those. And while you're at it, get rid of the entire nonfiction section.

This has been happening forever, but the government has never given in. They'd be idiots to do it anyway.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

There is absolutely zero evidence of Intelligent Design, and there never will be. It cannot be proven...Probably because the whole idea of it is based off of a book, n' that's it.

Evolution has some evidence. Proof? No, not so much, but evidence? Yes. To prove it you'd had to have been there at the time, and noone was, but there is a lot of evidence pointing to it being fact.

The only reason Harry Potter has been and is being attacked is because it's a book directed at children for the main target audience, which happens to also be the Church's target audience, because children are SO much easier to scare into believing something there's no proof of. Ever try to convince an adult who's never read the Bible into believing it? They won't, because it makes no sense and is filled with contradictions. The church goes after the kids while they're impressionable, and they don't want a book to disrupt that.

...Even though it wouldn't, because it's OPENLY and OBVIOUSLY fiction, unlike the Bible, which claims to be fact.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

And this is differnet from those creeps who try to get the pledge of allegiance out of the school because it has God in it how?

The majority of you don't care because you don't care about the subject matter. I don't think they should sensor Harry Potter either but if someone said that we should take somthing like the aformentioned pledge out of schools you wouldn't care, or you would support it based on the previous posts.

So if you think one side of radical censorship is ridiculous you better think both are.

Pledging your allegiance to a country and a 'God' you may not even believe in (not all americans are christians, you know) is not the same as refusing to read a book which is meant to be entertainment and for all I care, could include dragons, witchcraft, flying broomsticks, satanic demons, possession and exorcism.

Just because your child read about a small boy casting a blizzard on an evil witch does not mean he will lose his motivation in school and concentrate on casting thunderbolts instead. Or if he does, you have failed as a parent.

I always thought that we were pledging an alligance to a country that was under a God? Not to a god. I may be wrong?

[Admin Edit: No naming names in a negative light]

I always thought that we were pledging an alligance to a country that was under a God? Not to a god. I may be wrong?

I think the point is that either way you'd be acknowledging a god you don't believe in.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

My opinion of crap like this...

If you try to keep kids from doing something, they're bound the rebel. When you tell them they can't drink till they're 21, they'll want to try it early. True, not all kids are going to try it but a lot will/have before they're 21. If you ban Harry Potter kids will get their hands on it and read it anyways. We know magic and witchcraft isn't real so why do some people try so hard to keep it away from their kids? Reading a story about people casting spells and such really makes the imagination work, so why deprive your child of a great imagination?

My opinion of crap like this...

If you try to keep kids from doing something, they're bound the rebel. When you tell them they can't drink till they're 21, they'll want to try it early. True, not all kids are going to try it but a lot will/have before they're 21. If you ban Harry Potter kids will get their hands on it and read it anyways. We know magic and witchcraft isn't real so why do some people try so hard to keep it away from their kids? Reading a story about people casting spells and such really makes the imagination work, so why deprive your child of a great imagination?

Because people are always going to be hell-bent towards religion - even when there's no proof as to their beliefs. Now I am a Roman Catholic, but they are BELIEFS.

beÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷lief [bi-leef] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãânoun

1. something believed; an opinion or conviction: a belief that the earth is flat.

2. confidence in the truth or existence of something not immediately susceptible to rigorous proof: a statement unworthy of belief.

3. confidence; faith; trust: a child's belief in his parents.

4. a religious tenet or tenets; religious creed or faith: the Christian belief.

[Origin]

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ã

The mother is smart. LOTR > HP

You mahkes meh laugh.

<3:

I used to have a link to my school's project to provide fresh water to a Kenyan Village, but the sig police changed the link to say something, which, if followed, leads to an "ahem" adult website. Let me ask you. Which do you think is worse?

Someone just wants attention.
Yeah, pretty sad. Even the children that read it know you can't actually perform this magic. :roll:

what you can't???? oh i been rip'd of with this book o'witch craft i bought! and al those toad's are rubbish to then?

just kidding i know ya cant =P. that mother has problems!

To even be able to understand the words in those books, you have to be past the age of thinking you can go out and draw a circle on the ground and chant some weird stuff and all of the sudden a demon will appear and ask you who you wan't to murder.

Watch her play Runescape LOL

To even be able to understand the words in those books, you have to be past the age of thinking you can go out and draw a circle on the ground and chant some weird stuff and all of the sudden a demon will appear and ask you who you wan't to murder.

Watch her play Runescape LOL

You mean a rep for the Dark Brotherhood will visit you wanting to know who you want murdered?