mother trying to ban harry potter from schools

Riku3220

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a/georgia-school-board-says-harry-potter/20061214163109990003?ncid=NWS00010000000001

i kinda think shes taking religion a bit too far because it is just a book and they are very good books also but its not like it'll make kids want to go out and study how to use witchcraft they just want to read a good book so why should religion stop them?

drat m plan has been interfered with

and now i shall killer with my ub3r pwnag3 harry potter majic

aberkadabera!

dragonmstrcape,tanner4560.gif

Everytime I try to get a 99 skill, I get bored and go play Transformers on my 360...

Dragon Drops-1 Barrows drops- 0 :(

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a/georgia-school-board-says-harry-potter/20061214163109990003?ncid=NWS00010000000001

i kinda think shes taking religion a bit too far because it is just a book and they are very good books also but its not like it'll make kids want to go out and study how to use witchcraft they just want to read a good book so why should religion stop them?

drat m plan has been interfered with

and now i shall killer with my ub3r pwnag3 harry potter majic

aberkadabera!

Lol. I shall smite you with my wooden stick of death. (Yes, it is magick!!!)

:arrow: WOOT 500 POSTS!!! :wink:

One more thing. I'm sick of people thinking so poorly about Wicca. It's just a religion! Get over it America! Just because they believe in spells, healing herbs, potions, and multiple gods, America jumps all over them. It's sick and it's wrong. It's recognized as a real religion, so leave them alone. Who cares if it's not about Christianity.

Stupid conformists...:XD:

'Moms gone evangelical'

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

The sad thing is, this has been going on for a while now in many places, and in some places they have been successful in banning them.

America isn't the only one to do such things though, take a look of the banned book list in Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_banned_books

Even classic books such as works by Mark Twain are being banned just because it has the N word in it.

crim2ma.jpg

~^v^~Ex-Leader of the Divine Flames of Redemption~^v^~

lol i wonder wot she would say about the alex rider books

I wonder what she would say about the DaVinci code...

Anyway, this is a step too far. It's entertainment, not some crazy preaching about witchcraft.

lol i wonder wot she would say about the alex rider books

I wonder what she would say about the DaVinci code...

Anyway, this is a step too far. It's entertainment, not some crazy preaching about witchcraft.

Yeah I was thinking when is someone going to complain of Angels & Demons and DaVinci code...

I think thats silly :lol:

It's just a book it's fiction... Well someone really hates Harry Potter books. :roll:

ok... im a Christian but i dont like the veiw most Christians are taking on Harry Potter. I've read all the harry potter books so far and watched the movies, but you'd never catch me doing witchcraft. If you take the books and movies and beleive that things like that can happen in real life and do, then you're taking it too far.. but i honestly think almost nobody would take it that seriously. Read it as a fantasy book...

siggy_abstract2.jpg

Well saying the pledge is optional So you can not say it just like people can make the choice to not read Harry Potter.

As I said before I think niether should be censored, but you can't want one to be censored when the other isn't

There is no pledge at all at my school, and it isn't a hot bed for rebellion. People can say that they are pledged to the school if they want. No one bothers. It's like singing "god save the queen", well a mirror image of it. Few people don't sing it, but if you can't be asked, we don't whip you for it.

magecape,Mo%20Gui%20Gui.gif

mo%20gui%20gui.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Intelligent Design

I thought so. Now I know I can disregard all future posts from you.

No more posts on the subject of evolution vs. creationism - this isn't a topic for that.

So, because he has an opinion on a topic, which you disagree with, you're going to disregard all future posts he makes. Geez real Mature. :roll:

[sarcasm]What a perfect attitude, from a tip.it Mod.[/sarcasm]

Edit: (I'll add my view on the topic as well instead of posting again).

We also have to remember that although it is a fiction book, it doesn't stop young children from getting ideas/attitudes etc. in their head's about witchcraft and rebellion (or whatever Laura Mallory is annoyed about). As we know young children are easily swayed in their decision making by what goes into their heads and into their ears.

And I think that Laura does have a point in what she is saying, though I think that the decision should be left up to the parents for whether or not they should allow their children to read the Harry Potter books, and not Laura herself, and I do believe that she has taken it a bit too far in trying to get the books banned.

So Mods arnt allowed to have an opinion anymore are they?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

The church goes after the kids while they're impressionable, and they don't want a book to disrupt that.

I hate that children are being brought up in the world with one view on life. Its very narrow minded and i can pretty much tell by how someone talks/presents themselves (even on the net) whether they have been subjected to such narrow minded-ness.

On topic: trying to ban a book of fiction is totally wrong. (while she's at it, why not campaign to ban the bible? Oops, did i say that out loud? Whats this? a can of worms?)

sorry in advance. :-#

So Mods arnt allowed to have an opinion anymore are they?

If that's referring to me, which I assume it is. Have another look over what I wrote. Yes by all means I think all mods should express their opinion(s) (whether I or others think they are right or wrong) but please don't have a childish attitude just because you don't agree with somebody else's opinion.

Seriously that's coming from a mod. @ Darkrick - And whether or not he posted it before he became a mod is irrelevant. People (and their attitudes) don't just change suddenly because they become "mod" status.

Fact of the matter is that ID does not have more evidence supporting it.

Had it coming, and Anesthesia called it.

Doesn't have any, mind you! :P

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

[sarcasm]What a perfect attitude, from a tip.it Mod.[/sarcasm]

[sarcasm]Being a mod means I'm no longer entitled to an opinion[/sarcasm]

If someone's going to act like a zealot then I make a mental note not to bother reading their posts in the future. It just saves time.

I will post my views whenever I feel like it. Being a mod doesn't mean I have to tiptoe around zealots.

The others have already pointed out why I said that so no more discussion on it. Especially seeing as religious discussion is banned :thumbsup:

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.