mother trying to ban harry potter from schools

Riku3220

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a/georgia-school-board-says-harry-potter/20061214163109990003?ncid=NWS00010000000001

i kinda think shes taking religion a bit too far because it is just a book and they are very good books also but its not like it'll make kids want to go out and study how to use witchcraft they just want to read a good book so why should religion stop them?

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She the kind of person that would campaign to get "Left Behind" on the curriculum too. What an idiot.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

And this is differnet from those creeps who try to get the pledge of allegiance out of the school because it has God in it how?

The majority of you don't care because you don't care about the subject matter. I don't think they should sensor Harry Potter either but if someone said that we should take somthing like the aformentioned pledge out of schools you wouldn't care, or you would support it based on the previous posts.

So if you think one side of radical censorship is ridiculous you better think both are.

britonlongbo.png

And this is differnet from those creeps who try to get the pledge of allegiance out of the school because it has God in it how?

The majority of you don't care because you don't care about the subject matter. I don't think they should sensor Harry Potter either but if someone said that we should take somthing like the aformentioned pledge out of schools you wouldn't care, or you would support it based on the previous posts.

So if you think one side of radical censorship is ridiculous you better think both are.

Pledging your allegiance to a country and a 'God' you may not even believe in (not all americans are christians, you know) is not the same as refusing to read a book which is meant to be entertainment and for all I care, could include dragons, witchcraft, flying broomsticks, satanic demons, possession and exorcism.

Just because your child read about a small boy casting a blizzard on an evil witch does not mean he will lose his motivation in school and concentrate on casting thunderbolts instead. Or if he does, you have failed as a parent.

reminds me of an issue you can get on NationStates "I liked the book right up until the point Harry started summoning demons to do his bidding" :rofl:

thats more of the bartimaeus trilogy :wink: :lol:

that mothers kinda crazy

There are some mabye just very slightly 'questionable' things in there but they really arn't that much.

It sounds as if she's trying to convince soon everyone will be turned into evil wizards and witches and take over the world :notalk:

jump off a cliff lady :lol: ::'

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

The original pledge of allegiance didnt have god in it, that was added in the 50's

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Well saying the pledge is optional So you can not say it just like people can make the choice to not read Harry Potter.

As I said before I think niether should be censored, but you can't want one to be censored when the other isn't

Since when is it optional? My first time being suspended (for 1 day) from school was due to me not standing up and siting the pledge. I was in 5th grade and just didn't WANT to because I was tired of doing it everyday - it has no meaning to me or any other kid that age, yet we were FORCED to site it EVERY DAY until 9th grade.

I'm not saying the pledge should be kept out of schools, it should be left in, but be optional, and Harry Potter books have *NO* reason to be banned. They're a freakin' fiction book, mmkay? The Bible itself speaks about witchcraft, so they can ess tee eff you.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Pathetic. However, reading Harry Potter for school is just as pathetic. Can't they choose something better. They'll read Harry Potter anyway. Unless your mom is Laura Mallory of course.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Someone just wants attention.
Yeah, pretty sad. Even the children that read it know you can't actually perform this magic. :roll:

Oh. Right. Well that explains a lot. I need a new hobby.

It's the same as banning the evolution theory from biology classes and replacing it with the Bible. Stupid conservative Ameraicans. Just sad.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

First of all people are trying to get intelligent design not eveloution banned.

Seccondly, why is it sad for some one to want somthing with alot more evidence suppourting it to be tuaght then somthing with alot of evidence against it and a few flimsy arguments for it.

Your the sad one for not looking at the evidence but simply dismissing the theroy becuase it's religious that sounds pretty stupid to me :-k

britonlongbo.png

Seccondly, why is it sad for some one to want somthing with alot more evidence suppourting it to be tuaght then somthing with alot of evidence against it and a few flimsy arguments for it.

Which are you saying is the one which has a lot more evidence supporting it?

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.