New Report abuse - with pictures - 12K Views!

jcfc

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I did mention the other view you can use. Also, ultimaballr - I know it's not a rule, that was just an example, 'cos I couldn't think of anything ^_^

Jcfc.jpeg

Thanks everybody for the sigs | 3,956 to 99 fishing | King of BsK 18/09/08 - 18/10/08

Chelsea Supporter | CD Supporter | AfterShock Member

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Cotton Traders

Now what the hell are you waitin' for? After me, there shall be no more, so for one last time, make some noise.

In addition, the next 60 seconds are often when the reporter starts turning 'bad'. It'd be smart to record those.

I didn't think of it that way. Thanks :)

Jcfc.jpeg

Thanks everybody for the sigs | 3,956 to 99 fishing | King of BsK 18/09/08 - 18/10/08

Now what the hell are you waitin' for? After me, there shall be no more, so for one last time, make some noise.

I have been waiting for something like this to happen for a long time. It gets so frustrating having to guess the number of spaces in a username (like a b....6? 7? 239?), and that idea on recording 60 seconds after will help too, mainly for the auto-talkers (Oh boy do I love to report them).

"Item-Scamming

b. By Luring" <----Fantastic! :thumbsup:

Those padlocks look cool as well, but they are completely practical! Especially in places like seers bank! (May help with trades too lol).

[hide=Funny Quotes]

So you sucker punched a kid in the back of the head? Good job.
What scares me is that you're like 10 years old.
-.- im not that freaking young
You were a couple years ago.
It's not racist if its true.
Hmm... I wonder how one goes about throwing someone out a window in a mystic fashion :-k

The mental image for that is freaking awesome.

[/hide]

- I dont need to "get a life." I'm a gamer - I have LOTS of lives!

I have been waiting for something like this to happen for a long time. It gets so frustrating having to guess the number of spaces in a username (like a b....6? 7? 239?), and that idea on recording 60 seconds after will help too, mainly for the auto-talkers (Oh boy do I love to report them).

"Item-Scamming

b. By Luring" <----Fantastic! :thumbsup:

Those padlocks look cool as well, but they are completely practical! Especially in places like seers bank! (May help with trades too lol).

Right in every aspect. Thanks.

Jcfc.jpeg

Thanks to both of you. Glad the pics where good enough for you Toshiba :)

Jcfc.jpeg

Many great ideas and comments.

I would like to have the option to 'explain' why I reported the person. For example rule 1 covers more then just offensive language (covers spamming to flood the chat screen as well). Sometimes people try to get around the filter or use different languages and I'm not sure how many languages Jagex knows but if it's offensive and I understand it; no matter the language I would hope that I wouldn't get in trouble for reporting it (if they didn't understand it - it could turn on me and think I was abusing the reporting system) because Jagex wasn't aware it was offensive in a different language.

I've seen people get around filters in a creative way and not everyone notices it (and no I won't tell you how :P ) so when I report someone I'd like to say: avoided filter by *doing this*

I have gotten paranoid on reporting some offenses because I don't want it to 'backfire' on me if I didn't completely understand the offense OR if Jagex didn't understand WHY it was reported.

Also where is the option to report offensive names? :-#

*I don't understand why people feel the need to say: Reported - this usually creates an argument and then the person reporting the person who reported on him/her. I think people forget ABUSING the reporting system is ALSO an offense. No need to start an argument, report those who break the rules and keep making RS a good environment to game in :thumbsup:

Vine is waving at me. What? What was that?! It gave me the tendril! :o

Vhellcat.png

Good points. When this was posted on the Official RS Forums, that idea was put down, especially with having to type, say, 30 words, and slow typers would go past the 60 secs anyway. BTW, the options I gave are examples, not the real thing.

Jcfc.jpeg

support not a bad idea and the last part can help with trading

ml417.jpeg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

refresh to see another sig =P

also click on the sig to go to The Art Bazaar

thanks to everyone who made me a sig

Thanks for the more support - I'm now a part of the BISSS! :)

Jcfc.jpeg

Thanks for the more support - I'm now a part of the BISSS! :)

Hi jcfc...congratz on the honorable title!!!

There are many replies to your suggestion and I did not read all of them. But I love the interface lay-out....looks great and very user-friendly.

What I would like to add:

I am really careful reporting autoers. A lvl3 wc could be a dedicated person who has his chat off!! However when I don't get a reply i look up the stats, when it shows lvl65 wc and nothing else I look at their behavior...for instance when they wait a long time before starting and show a fixed pattern of walking. When I am certain this is a bot I report.

Where I am getting at:

One thing that could be added and correct me if this has been suggested already.

An option where you can check the stats of the person directly...I know a lot pk will now explode since they carefully choose names that are hard to look up...but still, maybe you could find a way of doing this without affecting the wildly experience (for instance disabled in wildly).

logohekatetip.jpg

Where I am getting at:

One thing that could be added and correct me if this has been suggested already.

An option where you can check the stats of the person directly...I know a lot pk will now explode since they carefully choose names that are hard to look up...but still, maybe you could find a way of doing this without affecting the wildly experience (for instance disabled in wildly).

I dont quite understand what you're getting at here? It wouldn't affect pk'ers if they aren't breaking any rules. If you mean it will make it easier to look up their highscores, it wont it only copies their name to the report abuse form not to your computer's general clipboard. So it wont affect them, it would be a lot easier to add them to your friends list and then choose the "Friends Hiscores - To view personal hiscores and compare yourself to your friends" option.

inferno_char.png

Where I am getting at:

I dont quite understand what you're getting at here? It wouldn't affect pk'ers if they aren't breaking any rules. If you mean it will make it easier to look up their highscores, it wont it only copies their name to the report abuse form not to your computer's general clipboard. So it wont affect them, it would be a lot easier to add them to your friends list and then choose the "Friends Hiscores - To view personal hiscores and compare yourself to your friends" option.

In-game stats viewing was suggested already in another thread and has been shot down rather heavily. It would give the attacking pker too much of an advantage. -.-

Take the pictures of the player moderator abuse buttons down please.

If memory serves me, the initial picture that was showed was quite the fake. Also, we need something that is as good as possible to illustrate this idea. Further you're not a Tip.It Mod, so please do not try to degrade this thread, okay? -.-

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

What I meant is some pk want to keep the stats hidden before/during the fight so their opponent cannot look up whether they have a chance of winning...this is especially important to pure pk. For instance if you are a lvl40 with lvl60 mage...well, you would not like them to know that by quickly looking at the stats, you just want them dead before they know what hit them!

And isn't adding to friend list only possible when they talk??? So, a swift and silent attack will take away this option. However, not with my suggestion

logohekatetip.jpg

If memory serves me, the initial picture that was showed was quite the fake. Also, we need something that is as good as possible to illustrate this idea. Further you're not a Tip.It Mod, so please do not try to degrade this thread, okay?

I do in fact stand corrected that it is a fake. I don't even notice when I report anymore. However, I am alerting Jagex to the postings of LinkGray due to confidintial information leaks.

I strongly advise that you take any mention of his post out of your thread. And your right, I am not a Tip.It mod but I am talking with them as we speak.

ohmygosh3gk9.jpg

In order for non player moderators to combat this issue I have taken the advice of many a friend and fellow player.

Solution: Add the offender (with confusing name) to your friends list. Then log into the highscores, and compare with your friends, then simply copy and paste the name into a word document (if you still cannot figure out the name) and then report with the knowledge of the spacing. This is what I suggest to you, and it is actually a lot faster then it seems.

ohmygosh3gk9.jpg

I strongly advise that you take any mention of his post out of your thread.

I'm guessing that is directed at the "Thread Starter", because I'm not the one with the name in any post of mine. :P

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)