The End of the Endless debate! Scimitars VS. Battleaxes!

Chocobodude0

Dagger pwns all, 'nuff said.

:P

I like dagger over scimmy but scimmy over b-axe

only in p2p...

scimie owns in f2p

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to think that power makes up for speed is simply naive. after 1000 attacks from a b-axe, the scimmy attacks 1500 times! thats 500 more chances to hit high, actually hit, and 500 more attacks to get experience with. its similar to why the shortbow pwns the longbow

also, scimmy is better for pking because you give them less time between your attacks making them eat food more often. then for a finishing blow, the b-axe got notin on the 2h.

i'm not p2p, but scimmy spec seems really good because it can stop a protect prayer. hit them, switch or whatever, and then you have a couple seconds to do full dmg.

A scimitar is really a broad sword... excet shoter. In martial art standards, the broadsword has only one ccutting side. The curved out one. It is allowavly possible to block with both sides but you could lose points in a competition.

A battleaxe... well, that's not in martial arts... to my knowledge anyway, has 2 blades. So... you can hit with it anyway you like. :D

electrofrog6ck.jpg

fotwunderbanner2zg4.png

Everything deppends on the situation, if u need to knok someone fast, and have all cmb stats +80, tehn u use the b axe, cause u will almost allways hit high.

"hasta la victoria siempre."

Beated Monkey madness lvl76.

Beated haunted mine at lvl 77.

cmb +75 and total +930 all stats +46 before p2p.

Al f2p stats +50 (15/02/08)

I have always, and always will use Scimitars as my main weapon, with the only exceptions being a Whip or DDS (which are pretty much the same in attack abilities)

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

I use daggers!!!!

Scimmys are better, I love the speed, which is why daggers own, posioned or not.

i've always been for the b-axe. it hits hard, and i don't mind that its slow...the damage makes up for it.

I don't know the excact numbers, but let's say that a battleaxe hits 4 times while a scimmy hits 5 times in the same time span. Assuming you hit your max every time I came up with this:

My max hit with a dragon scimmy: 27

Battleaxe: 30

27*5=135

30*4=120

Quite a difference. When you use the dragon battleaxe special, you get this:

Scimmy: 31

Battleaxe: 35

31*5=155

35*4=140

It still remains different. Conclusion: Scimmy>Battleaxe

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

skimmy>battleaxe

its all speed and hitting often

hitting high and unoften gives too much time for the other person to heal

a little test:

8,7,8,12,7,0,15,3,5 = 65

over

16,0,15,20,0,0 = 51

plaxer_x.png

wii_forum2.jpg

Click here to see my goals and achievements thread

If you have a decent attack, b-axes won't hit zeroes as much as you think. And don't forget, scimmys miss too. so lets do this: On speed, I believe b-axe gets 4 hits for every 5 hits of a scimmy, so let's do:

B-Axe: 10, 15, 18, 0,

Scimmy: 10, 0, 11, 9, 4

B-axe = 43

Scimmy = 34

looks like a difference to me. -.-

Plus, in terms of dragon weapons, B-axe has better special than scimmy

B-AXE FTW!! \'

choco, the scimmy doesnt hit as low as you said. They hit almost the same, and scimmy is faster!

Excuse me <.< , we must be using different scimmys or something, cause I just did 25 hits with scimmy and 20 with d b-axe and averaged them out, so that's how I got the numbers. So, there you go....

Scimmys are better, I love the speed, which is why daggers own, posioned or not.

Acutally according to the knowledge base, a scimitar and a dagger are the same speed! I didn't believe it either, but hey, unless anyone else has any hard evidence not just "Daggers attack faster becuase i say so" then thats what I'll believe.

On speed, I believe b-axe gets 4 hits for every 5 hits of a scimmy

Once again, according to the knowledge base for every 4 hits a battle axe lands, a scimmy will land 6. Once again unless there's any hard evidence proving otherwise, thats what i'll believe.

resizeofuntitledff4.png

Free to Player fo' life!

99/99 skateboarding :p

why dont you use this awesome thing i like to call common sense. Its done wonders for me, ive never been hacked, scammed or anything like that.

Dagger poons. :oops:

But Scim or B axe i'd say Scim owns. Only for the speed, if you hit 0 with scim u don't have to wait long to do another hit, b axe is so annoying if you hit a 0 you have to like wait, wait, wait.. then it suddenly hits! A 2.. :shock:

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8