Question: Least-Admirable Skill Cape

Lunar_Drifter

well i know some very weird people \'

im not exactly well funded for money sinks like construction so im kinda foggy on the specifics :anxious:

i know i got construction to 40 something in about 3 hours, but i was using my highest level bookcases.

slayer cape <3:

nudist hippy vegan elves who inexplicably wear leather.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours a day :shock: No wonder Trips is taking a break. Anyways, I would have to agree with Jesse, Cooking Capes are seen way too much in game (not that 99 Cooking isn't a great achievement, please don't kill me Toast :ohnoes: )

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

Cooking is way too easy nowadays because of the Cook-X option. If Skill Capes existed back in RSC, then a Cooking Cape would be a rarer sight, and very honorable, in my opinion.

Spending your free time clicking on something over and over.. honorable... *cough.

Can everyone please enlighten me as to how having a high skill total means one deserves respect? Seriously, the Runescape player mind is warped. For Christ's sake, we are congratulating a guy for sitting in his basement doing mindless tasks that take no skill, nor mental ability beyond the capacity of a 3 year old, and wasting his life away.

I mean, I almost look down on higher skill levels :? . I'm sure some people have realistic drives for these levels other than addiction, but I still fail to see any aspect of having a high level that really deserves respect from others.

Please, try and avoid the flames- I know it's tempting; heck, reading through that again I practically want to flame myself. I want an honest, truthful answer to this; my question(s) aren't rhetorical.

Why do you respect people who have high levels? Is there anything beyond admiring patience there?

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Yes, yes. Toas is a noob. But that's irrelevant.

Naw just playing. <3: Toast!

And yes, I agree with Mr. Construction-Noob; getting the geepees for Construction is the admirable part.

You know, if I searched this thread for the word "admirable", it'd probably show up 50 times by now.. Haha.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

in my opinion the least admirable skill cape would have to be construction.

a freind of mine maxed it in 4 days using oak larders, cost him something like 70m ( :shock: ) and its so easy to buy.

i think the cooking cape is cool though! well mostly cuz i like the colour ::'

If you plank your own logs with oak, yes it does take about 70m. But the way I see it, having the patience to plank ~217k logs is very, very admirable. If you just buy planks, however, it is about 120m.

While the actual skill itself is very easy and fast, I think we have to look at more than just the xp you get per hour - rather how you got the money to pay for that xp. I think that's the admiral part of construction.

And mind you.. In order to get 99 construction in four days, you'd have to play about 16 hours a day :shock:

:shock: WOW... That's all I can say is wow.. :wall:

I'd say Cooking. Toast has it, and he's a noob, everyone knows. So whatever Toast =[/img][/url] = unadmirable. :XD:

:lol: ROFL :lol: ...YA i guess i could agree with that one there sorry toast if you read this...but look at what he said...hes got a point there

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

a freind of mine maxed it in 4 days using oak larders, cost him something like 70m ( :shock: ) and its so easy to buy.

If you plank your own logs with oak, yes it does take about 70m. But the way I see it, having the patience to plank ~217k logs is very, very admirable. If you just buy planks, however, it is about 120m.

While the actual skill itself is very easy and fast, I think we have to look at more than just the xp you get per hour - rather how you got the money to pay for that xp. I think that's the admiral part of construction.

And mind you.. In order to get 99 construction in four days, you'd have to play about 16 hours a day :shock:

i just knew that you would love to inform him about the fact that getting the money is the part that has the most respect about the construction cape....

but you didnt answer where you scratched your money together for it in there though did you? a rare paper party hat did ye sell? :wink:

She's a mad rcer :-$ :-#

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Why do you respect people who have high levels? Is there anything beyond admiring patience there?

It's not just patience, it's also dedication we praise. Dedication to a mindless and repetitive task, as is all of Runescape, but dedication nonetheless. Setting goals in-game and actually sticking to them has helped me in real life as well. We're not just awarding them for their patience and dedication to do things in RS, but also the fact that they could do it in the first place, no matter where; in a game or in [dreaded] real life.

demonslayer2.png

I see that you, wishkahbanks, have that ever-desired Woodcutting cape. How's it feel? Do you feel more proud wearing that than if you had say.. the cooking cape? Which would you wear? And why?

demonslayer2.png

I'd say Cooking. Toast has it, and he's a noob, everyone knows. So whatever Toast =toastisgayjn5.png = unadmirable. :XD:

i only said that as a joke cause you said this nubsauce

jese1mz7.png

:XD: :lol:

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

OMG.. hellbellz just got ownt by Mr. Cook-Nub, Toast647. Haha..

So, Toast.. how's it feel to wear your fancy Cooking Cape? How often do you get bugged to do the emote? Enlighten us with your uber-nubbiness.

Sorry to insult ya, comes with the territory

demonslayer2.png

So, Toast.. how's it feel to wear your fancy Cooking Cape? How often do you get bugged to do the emote? Enlighten us with your uber-nubbiness.

I remember a night in Edgeville when Toast made about 50k when he was charging to do the emote. I think his record is being asked 3 times in the same minute (I was there :mrgreen: )

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

Heh.. never thought of someone charging to do the emote. That's pretty funny. But people that head through the noob-packed areas of RS are bombarded with "emote plz" and "do emote pl0x"s. 3 in one minute.. is that really a record?

demonslayer2.png

i just knew that you would love to inform him about the fact that getting the money is the part that has the most respect about the construction cape....

but you didnt answer where you scratched your money together for it in there though did you? a rare paper party hat did ye sell? :wink:

No, I didn't sell anything :P Nor did I have tons of gp stocked up. As many of my loyal Blogscape readers would know, I switched off between runecrafting my own nature runes for money, and using that money to buy planks/use them. That brought me right up to 90 runecrafting :wink:

But we're not here to discuss that O:) Back on topic! Now! :twisted: :-w

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

hey boy, im looking at your sig. Dont bash the cape unless you got a skill over 80?

Kthnxbai

...dude, don't talk or post something as stupid as that again..

"Kthnxbai" <--- not cool, quite gay and old...dont type that again.

On Topic: Yeah its a no brainer, the cooking and fletching capes are the ones people dislike most since there so common but hey that will end up being an issue once more capes become more common. i personally like all the capes, why? because it shows that the person worked hard to get to 99 in that skill so i Give them my respects no matter what skill it is.

----Retired Runescape Player 1/13/07-----

hey boy, im looking at your sig. Dont bash the cape unless you got a skill over 80?

Kthnxbai

...dude, don't talk or post something as stupid as that again..

"Kthnxbai" <--- not cool, quite gay and old...dont type that again.

youve said some pretty stupid stuff before so i wouldnt be talking

cursedtoastsignature.png

Theres also another very easy, but less noticed skill: Thieving.

Training thieving via pyramid plunder is easy, fast and less hassle, all you need is 2.5k monks, and maybe 200 super antis. I'm 97 thieving atm and I can't believe how insanely fast I'm racking in the exp.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

youve said some pretty stupid stuff before so i wouldnt be talking

like?..if you got nothing to back up your comment, dont post at all..

you expect me to keep track of all the stupid comments you make? :?

cursedtoastsignature.png

I dont think you can call any non admireable because each person may hav gotten it another way from convention.

Sure, fletching yew longs is an easy way to do it, but stringing 15k yew longs multipul times isnt the easiest thing to do..

Some people take LOTS of time to get a cape because they can only play 2 hours a day (in fletching thats about 200k xp).

So it would take well over a month to get 99. I personally see my own levels as an achivement to myself. Sure I got 99 cooking in 2 days, but that still doesnt mean it was 'easy' as giving up 20 + to cook isnt THAT easy.

If you can say that burning OVER 100k willow logs isn't admireable to get 99 firemaking, then I dont know what is. That level 126 with a phat and a FM cape on may have gotten 99 with willows, which is reliativly hard to keep up over time.

Some are looked over more then others. Fletching and cooking being common ones because lots of people have it. But any 99 cape NO MATTER how they got it isn't STILL an easy task, even if they play for 20 + a day.

Herblore isn't hard to get, infact it's just like stringing bows in fletching. So I dont know why you think that can be compared different to fletching. The only thing that is HARD about herblore is buying/selling ingredents and potions.

I think that the most admireable are skills like woodcutting, fishing, mining, hunting etc. as they can be achived in the same time from anyone no matter how much money they have.

I see lots of higher level players with many 99 in bought skills, but with low gathering skills like mining etc. These gathering skills are the only ones that I find are admireable if you compare them to skills like fletching etc.

Jaskkes.png

Your argument is flawed.

These skills are way to easy to buy, meaning you don't have to work that hard to obtain them; patience and lots of clicking is all you need.

Last time i checked, patience and lots of clicking is all you need every skill in the game - though some need cash as well.