erm stuff like fletching and cooking

basicly anything you can buy

and on that matter the combat capes when they are NOT pced

most admirable to me is something like farming/runecrafting/herblore

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know its not a skill, but ive been seeing quest capes everywhere, they arent impressive at all. besides that i find fletching and cooking as non impressive...havent seen many firemaking ones tbh, only seen one con and boy was i impressed =D> If it werent for PC id find magic and range pretty neat to.

You also feature the afforementioned skills in your signature, so you're a hypocrite too?

My stats are not in question here. Just because I have them in my signature does not make me a hypocrite. It's ok to be proud of an achievement, no matter what the skill is. I'm not saying "Oh my! My cooking level and fletching level is X so I'm better than you!" No, not at all.

Let's stop this little flame-fest and get back on topic.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

I'd say Cooking. Toast has it, and he's a noob, everyone knows. So whatever Toast =toastisgayjn5.png = unadmirable. :XD:

i only said that as a joke cause you said this nubsauce

jese1mz7.png

:XD: :lol:

Owned?
[img=http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/1459/toastisgayjn5.png]

Jesse's pic is titled as that XD. I say fletching, since you can actually make money and buy it easily.

mssigqc5.jpgI do English to Japanese and Japanese to English translation for free! Just keep it under 5 sentences, and PM me to use my fluency in Japanese to your advantage!

I respect all 99's, I have just got my 99 in cooking and OMG it was a nightmare, it took me roughly 2 weeks of 10hrs a day to get from 85 to 99 and I love it when people say its easy, the only people who think 99 cooking/fletching are easy are the people who have not done it.

Every single person who has ever said to me "oh 99 cooking that's easy init" had between 50-70 cooking.

It's not hard its just very boring, very time consuming, and pretty expensive...

Quit Runescape 10 jan 2007 - Playing again 2012

Ronnyuk.png

4842295.png

I personally don't see firemaking a less admirable cape. It is probably a biased opinion as I'm going for 99 firemaking and for some strange reason like the skill, but I have seen 1 firemaking cape ever and I've seen at least one of each cape. I've seen more strength capes than firemaking.

and herblore is very diffcult to get the herbs and selling them

Buy a few thousand unids if you still cant id them even after using up all the others ask a frend to do so make pots for you, its free exp for them, then sell it all for profit. 8-)

• 2 weeks later...

Least admirable for me are fletching and cooking. It's a great feat accomplishing getting them to 99 don't get me wrong. I achieved those long before the skill capes were introduced, so to me, the feeling of accomplishment had worn off already.

I haven't bought them yet. I don't particularly like how they look and that would be the main reason for me to buy one (after all, of all the thousands of runescape players, I'm the only one looking at my character 100% of the time).

Maybe I'm a little too practical in that matter, but I'm not going to buy something at 100k only to store it somewhere and have it collect dust ;)

DutchDreams.png

cooking, its way to easy to get and don't fun of fletchers :shame:

How would you know? your not even half way too 99 cooking or fletching....

Quit Runescape 10 jan 2007 - Playing again 2012

Ronnyuk.png

4842295.png

Even I thought about just going mad at a skill just for one of the capes. And my stats are absolutely useless.

I believe that even if you 'buy for a skill cape' its still incredibly worthy for two reasons.

1. Persistance. You still need to do all that clicking even if you buy the stuff, which takes time and effort (assuming that its done legally).

2. Original money. Buying hundreds of thousands of logs for the firemaking cape isn't cheap. The buyer must have done something to get the money in the first place, which also requires effort.

Overall: Anyone with a skill cape deserves one.

017mistymaple0112textis2.png

Thanks Choas for the Avatar and Petry for the sig (You know who you are) :)

Optimistic Elder in Runescape's only cult, The Order of Cabbage.

I'm f2p and I see multiple cooking and fletching capes everyday, and thousands of noobs yelling "DO THE EMOTE NOW!" But I definatly agree cooking and fletching are least admirable. I've seen every skill cape and emote so far except herby and construction.

you have a good point, but when i decided what skill cape to go for i did the math. about 160 hours of work for 99 fletching and more then 50x more then that for say herbalore. so i picked 2 skills, magic for practicality and fletching for ease of 99. i would however agree with you.

Ive seen tons of people so far with combat stats capes(apart from prayer),woodcutting,fletching, and cooking,questpoints. However ive seen only1 smithing cape,never seen any HARD capes;I.E.Prayer, herblore, farming,etc. Those capes hold TRUE respect.

GF TIF.

9 November 2006 - 22 January 2008, when I could no longer stand the painted turd that is the Tip.It community. Only posting in rants.

If you dont' strictly mean within the boundaries of skill capes, then I definitely admire the quest cape the least: I managed to earn one with a combat level of 78, with a total level under 1300 and not a skill above 70.

questcapesigbalh.gif

The Once and Future Quest Guru

i think the least admirable skill cape is the fletching cape, my friend who became a member no more than 4 months ago just got it the other day, along with about 900 other people, if you check the highscores, i think fletching has the highest number of 99, well people with 99 fletching than any other skill...

Manatea3O5, the guy who posts replies without reading others

mr+manatea.png

Your right, Fletching and Cooking is easy to get... But it does take awhile and you gota have a fair bit a money invested into it. Firemaking would cost millions with no profit, but it is still the fact that they have put a lot of effort into a somewhat usless skill.

IMO, woodcutting is way to common (probably because i spend most my time woodcutting) but still people have spent hours clicking on a tree, but for a major profit.

Slayer is a uncommon cape but getting it to 99 is a waste. At lvl 85 your fine, you can get whips. Lvl 90, you can kill a wolf. Nothing further from there, and to operate a slayer ca[e you get 100/99 slayer? Wow helpful!

Real achievement capes imo is Quest, Farming, Hunting, Range, Herblore, and I guess crafting.

1800+ TOTAL LVL --- 1170+ F2P TOTAL --- 266+ QuestPoints, Proud Owner Of A Quest Cape

=========================

||Check out my blog||

=========================

Chezy_Boi.png

i think the least admirable skill cape is the fletching cape, my friend who became a member no more than 4 months ago just got it the other day, along with about 900 other people, if you check the highscores, i think fletching has the highest number of 99, well people with 99 fletching than any other skill...

Strength has more people at 99.

You are correct. 99 Fletching and Cooking are the two skill capes I see way to often. Thus making them lose the appeal they had when first released. Firemaking yes it can be bought, however it is boring (lol). I agree with you 100% though these skills can be bought they still require a sense of dedication and patience.(that of which I don't have 96 fletching :wall: ) However you are forgetting another "buyable" skill, crafting. Yes it is rare to see a cape, but it is still able to be bought.

Personally, my belief of the most admirable skill capes would have to be those you will see once in a blue moon. Ie: Slayer, Agility, Construction (which I hate), farming, prayer and Mining (my most favoratist stat \' )

This is just my opinion, but anyone with a mining cape has all my respect.

Apparently, my signature was to big.