Question: Least-Admirable Skill Cape

Lunar_Drifter

Fletching cape. I think that is the easiest one. Its fast to level, and it yields a profit at the same time. Logs are too cheap because of F2p. F2p can get logs, but they cant use them. (They can use them for firemaking offcourse, but there is no point in that in f2p).

Too many logs = very low prices. Cheep fletching exp.

fredzsodbtt6.jpg

21 lag piles, 4 Pjs, 2 Party hat kills, 67 newbs teached.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for me personally, i enjoy a good smile at people with 99 fletching and 57 woodcutting - fair enough you have a skill cape and i don't, but it makes it quite obvious that you have bought your way to glory. again, don't get me wrong it's still a great achievement, but surely 99 woodcutting and 99 fletching combined is worthy of glory. I can't complain as i'm only 87 wc and 92 fletching, but i at least cut my own logs.

in my honest opinion, i'd have to say that the most admirable skill cape would be agility - you can't buy your way to glory and there aren't really that many high level things you can do to train it. you don't necessarily spend any money to get it, but the dedication alone is worthy of praise.

i've noticed a few people also spoke of having 99 mining being admirable - for me, getting 99 in any skill deserves high praise in itself and mining is no exception aas it is tougher than most, but mining is still a skill whereby you get something back out of it, money wise (i.e. Smithing, selling ore). with agility, the only bonus you get is that you can run for longer, so there is no real incentive for getting 99 agility.

in fact, out of all the skills, it probably has the lowest reward in that every other skill will somehow boost your coffers and give you money to use in other skills, whereby time consumed in agility training does not.

EDIT:

Streangth: Oh were do i start, for one thing, i hate the str skill, i don't see the point in getting it high and leaving att and def low, because as soon as somebody with hig def comes along, you wont hit them at all while they constantly hit you.

Str cape seems to be a pc product cape, having it almost labels you that, and rightly so. i estimate 9/10 people who pc alot are there for att or str.

i do play PC, but rather than using my tokens for attack and strength i personally use my tickets for prayer, which i find a hard skill to train. i earn attack, strength and defence experience fighting the thousands of monsters but each ticket for me gives 320 prayer exp - i levelled up from 55 to 62 prayer in a relatively short time before i got bored.

RSN: d35h1_5k4t3r

dalai_farmer.png

I say that this topic is merely ranked by people who think that skill capes are less desirable because more people have them. Meanwhile, I see a person saying,

The firemaking skill cape is the worst one. Everyone has one!

I check the high scores.

Firemaking: Not Ranked

So don't judge what you don't have. Also, if this is a thread about which one is more desirable then just check the high scores since that's what most of you people are basing your stats on. I've seen barely any people here who had any first hand experience except for looking at the high score list. Don't start saying about how easy it is to get a 99. Almost all of the people here don't have a single 99 yet they continue to talk about how easy it is to get a skill cape. I myself don't have a skill cape but you don't see me questioning the value of a skill cape.

99/99 Cooking. 1500+ total level. 96+ Combat

lawlkv8.png

Honestly, I think this thread is an opinion poll now. Its not really a debate any longer. I think its served its purpose...

But so this post doesnt get reported as spam or anything, Fletching is the one I regard as least, because its the one I saw the most.

happiehour.jpeg

All depends on your what you view as admirable. This is not inteded to insult anyone with 99 in any skill I mention, just using them as a reference.

Some say that if you can "buy" a skill that makes it less admirable. But before skillcapes even came out, people would do this once they had gotten close and decided to push for 99 in any skill. Even if you are buying all the supplies to get a skill to 99, you still put in the same amount of time, in that skill, to raise it as someone who gathers their own resources. It's just you'll reach 99 first as they are taking more time to get there.

Another thing to look at, is how much you have to interact in the game per item for the skill. Take for example firemaking (not looking at the buyable aspect of it), you have to click on the tinderbox and each individual log (not counting click into bank and withdrawing logs or misclicking and having to reclick a log or tinderbox). While another skill such as cooking, you have a full inventory and click four times. Once on food, 2nd on range, right click on food dialouge and last on cook all. 4 clicks per inventory compared to 54 clicks per inventory (27 logs + 1 tinderbox). Obviously some will argue that the less you have to actually be involved in a skill, the less admirable it becomes.

Personally, I think fletching is more admirable, clicking on each string and then the unstrung bow (14 complete bows per inv.), shows determination to me. Cooking on the other hand, while I admire anyone with it, is to me the least admirable of them. When I started going for 99 woodcutting I was at level 89. About 4 days later, a friend of mine decide to go for 99 cooking (he was at level 84). He made it to 99 almost 2 weeks ahead of me, and I'll admit, I played a heck of a lot of RS in that month to get to 99. So it wasn't that he was playing more than me (or at least that much more, if any). But by the time I would get an inventory of wood(willows for the fastest xp per hour), he could do who knows how many inv. of sharks.

If Jagex ever made a perfect update, there would be players complaining about nothing to complain about.

[hide=My Stats]Jake_Corsair.png[/hide]

I, too, dissagree that buying your way to 99 makes it less admirable. You can't just spend the money, snap your fingers, and get 99. You have to invest money AND time. Remember that the money will take time to get. therefore you are invest time AND even more time. This is respectable.

Say it takes a month to get the cash for the skill and then you get it within a week.

Then say another cape, which cannot be affected by cash, takes you 3 weeks to get.

According to the logic of buying your way to 99 being less admirable, this would mean that the second cape is more admirable. But which took more time and efford? The first one.

People often forget the tremendous effort put into getting the cash. It shouldn't be overlooked and it DOES count as efford

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

I'd say quest cape, you don't have to have that high of stats, you just have to have a lot of brains. Of course having brains is admirable. Blah, I'm contridicting myself already.

Picture3-18.png

Click ^^ above ^^ to learn about the FIERCEST, hottest, sexiest, and most chilling clan ever created. ^^ CLICK NOW!! ^^

least admirable?

what do u mean edjactly do u mean to easy to get, looks lame, or has a bad emote

a cape easy to get is cooking and fletching, i respect cooking a bit more than fletching but not much, a cape u dont go "gaga" over seeing now and days is strength cape. That really is starting to be a common cape these days

o and for fletching u dont need much mony. Less than a million if u plan on sellin the longs also its not cost expensive its pretty fast exp and u dont have to pay attention, the only reason i would admire ppl with dat cape is becuase they were actually able to keep putting bow strings on the longs

slayer i consider respectable since u cant jus make an easy plan to get it u have to go with the program to achieve dat cape. even though cannon helps alot i still consider it an admireable cape

dat said i gotta kill some shadow warriors for slayer now =P~

now wait a minute. i think that that the prayer cape is the easiest cape to get by far. i mean you can use the ectophial. thats i guess the hardest part of it! what you do is you kill them dragons and get the bones big woop. i mean you dont even need a certain level to burry certain bones!!!!

blue dragons are childplay for lvl 50+ rangers. so what you do is you advertise on the forums saying o im buying dragon bones 2k each or have a friend advertise for you on world 2 with trusted money you give him/her. so while your killing the dragons your bones are going upper and upper.

so you look up how many bones on tip its skill calculator and then just match up how many bones you need then use your dedicated friend(s) to supply you buckets and pots etc. so your ecto the entire day(s) (dont even have to do the quest to do it <.<) then BOOM theres your level 99 cape. all that will take about 2-3 months give or take.

even though thats a lot of words thats not a long and complicated procedure. so i think that you must include that cape.

other wise i think that fletching is hard to get for those who dont macro/buy their entire way through it being that i a lvl 80+ fletcher and i make my money on that skill i so its kinda hard for me to spend money that im making <.< .

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

but it will cost millions upon millions and will have no return. Do you realize that 2-3 months is how long it takes to get some of the harder ones? Fletching will take you a lot less time and will have almost 100% return same for cooking. All skills have a straightfoward process the problem is acctually doing it hundreds of thousands of times.

PS: guilded alter is better.

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

I would say Cooking and Fletching, but its not like they are easy to get, they take money and a few weeks of doing that all day everyday.

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

lol why does everyone keep sayin fletchin needs money you get the money and den some

You mean fletch 1k or so at a time? because it's an annoyance to have to buy the materials over and over again. Saves a lot more time to buy all of it in one go, besides you get the money back afterwards

BlueSig6.jpg

I say firemaking is the least admirable skill cape.

My firemaking level is 47, and i've only spent about an hour training it with only my spare logs. Other skills like smithing, which is 48, i've spent countless hours on. Oh well. At least i won't have to spend months working on firemaking to get a skill cape. :)

My firemaking level is 47, and i've only spent about an hour training it with only my spare logs. Other skills like smithing, which is 48, i've spent countless hours on. Oh well. At least i won't have to spend months working on firemaking to get a skill cape. :)

But Firemaking is pure grinding. Smithing at least has a make 5 or 10 option. Don't you think that kind of effort stands out a little?

questcapesigbalh.gif

The Once and Future Quest Guru

You try burning almost 100k logs to get 99 firemaking - Not a walk in the park. I'm not saying its the best cape but IMO its not the least admirable. Fletching or cooking takes that place

But Firemaking is pure grinding. Smithing at least has a make 5 or 10 option. Don't you think that kind of effort stands out a little?

The exp rates per item for smithing are much, much harsher and a lot more cash is required for smithing. Being able to make 5,10,x does tend to make a skill easier however it's one of many factors

BlueSig6.jpg

I find un trimmed combat skills less admireable now. Expecially seeing a person with 99 strength, attack and defense with 96 hitpoints >.<

Thieving I think is losing repectability. But im proud with my achivements.

Jaskkes.png

I'd have to say cooking has the least admirable cape, but the skill is still good to have 99 in. True, it's easy to get 99 cooking with a little patience and money, but it's worth it being able to cook things without fail. The cape is no rarity to see, and I have seen the emote done many times before.

I personally believe the magic cape to be a rarity to see. Most people don't have the money to buy enough runes for 99 magic, or has the patience. I am always suprised to see someone with a 99 magic skill cape wandering about. Though it is rare, it isn't the most rare.

Runecrafting would have to be the rarest, in my opinion. In all the time since the skill capes came out, I haven't seen a single person wearing a Runecrafting skill cape. Runecrafting is dull, but it does pay off in the end. You can make large quantities of runes, and the skill cape is a rare sight. To wear one would be a great achievement of all the patience you put into the skill.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

Its got to be the fletching and cooking cape these days, I say this because it takes 143k clicks to get to 99 firemaking using willows. The quest cape is given a bad rap but definitly is better then rated since you have to get tons of stats up. Slayer, prayer, agility and hunter are the best

cw,righthand23.gif

Guest Toshiba23

Fletching, cooking... waaaay to easy to buy and you pretty much earn all your money back.

Runecrafting > all the rest (But it is hard, trust me)