Question: Least-Admirable Skill Cape

Lunar_Drifter

Firemaking; it may have a cool emote ( <3: ), but it's easy to buy as well. It takes a bit more, because you can't really do much multi-tasking whilst firemaking. It requires concentration to keep a steady experience-flow. But still, much too easy to buy.

Yes,easy to buy.But if one was to burn normal logs from level one to ninety-nine,I picture over two million logs.Now,I like to do things in a nice,round number so 2,000,000 divided by 25 is about 400,000?Since unlike most skills you can't click on the last and the first one burns up,(You CAN'T,really I've tried)it takes at least a minute per load.may not sound like much,but the money it takes(or time,no one sells normal logs)will be phenomenal.I love wasting time as much as the next guy :arrow: but I tend to like saving my time AND money.So,yes firemaking is admirable :uhh:

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you about the fletching and cooking capes, but i'm going to have to defend firemaking. Having personally achieved all 3 of these capes, i can tell you that firemaking is no where near as easy as cooking and fletching. Firstly, theres no X, it takes concentration and no multitasking can be done as you pointed out. I think the maximum logs that can be burnt in an hour 1200. Now this may sound like a lot, but thats with maximum concentration, no looking away from the screen, no miss clicks, perfectly accurate.

The other main part of firemaking that makes it hard is something you said to be the easy part of it; it's buyable. Yes you can buy all the logs in 10mins off some merchants and have 99 firemakingf banked, but the difference between cooking/fletching and firemaking is you get nothing back. You make money from fletching and it's possible to almost break even with cooking, but firemaking just drains your cash. So in order for you to be able to "buy" firemaking, you must have the cash in the first place, which adds a lot more time of making the money onto the time the exp takes.

I managed to get fletching around 2 years ago with no more than 2.5mil cash at any time. Cooking i had more cash but lost little, firemaking however, cost a lot more.

90 Combat 1900+ Total

99 Crafting 99 Cooking 99 Firemaking

99 Herblore 99 Fletching 98 Farming

silverandblackfinishvr8.gif

i personally think that there isnt a least admire able skill. If you get 99 in a skill then horrah for you but there isnt a least admireable skill

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

i personally think that there isnt a least admire able skill. If you get 99 in a skill then horrah for you but there isnt a least admireable skill
For example, what would you like better, Slayer or Cooking? I'd say Cooking would be the least admirable :-X

I'm a bit sad to see that level 99 skills aren't so special anymore. :(

About five years ago, if someone got level 99 in a skill, they would be pretty well known in the community. Their names would be mentioned in fan forums everywhere, and people would make bets on who would get level 99 in a certain skill first. However, today, there's tens of thousands of people with level 99 skills, and they won't stand out much in the RS community. These days, only people like Zezima and N0valyfe get such attentions.

I have 3 level 99 skills right now, but I certainly can't call myself famous, LOL.

However, thousands of people getting level 99 cooking, etc, doesn't make it any easier. Those people still deserve to be commended.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

Cooking and Fletching are easy enough, I hear. I respect Thieving and Agility and the such, simply because they require mind-numbing amounts of work that cannot be bought.

paintshopwolfsignaturers1.jpg

"And if Strength is born from Heartbreak, then mountains I could move..."

GMT-5:00

Cooking - Way to many people have it.

Fletching - Ugly cape, way to many people have it.

Strength - Way to many people have it.

Those 3 in my opinion are the least-admirable

tifsbti6oi.gif

cooking, firemaking, and fletching are too common, but technically constructiona dn herblore are both buyable but respected

fletching you gain money, cooking cost a couple mil loss, firemaking from level 81 to 99 is 12mil not that much really

i would really like to see you buy herblore and cons

cons easily breaks 50m

and herblore is very diffcult to get the herbs and selling them

*Cough* ~120m *cough* :lol:

my friend who recently got 99 cons said it cost him around 130m... (I didnt know him very well, wed like talk once a week on friends list)

blackmfmcape,Issac%20Amisov.gif

Issac%20amisov.gif

CHECK OUT MY TOPIC TO 99 FIREMAKING

Proud Runescaper Since 2003

"Skiller Fo' Lyfe"

buyin logs and lighting.. what respect does that deserve... ur rich..... its a game....

when it's a lot of logs, that's respectable

yah. why dont you actually try fm'img? Then youll find out how hard it is compared to some skills... ie. fletching, cooking, prayer (bought) (most people can do it in 5 days with the required materials)

I dont see many fm capes walking around? Do you?

blackmfmcape,Issac%20Amisov.gif

Issac%20amisov.gif

CHECK OUT MY TOPIC TO 99 FIREMAKING

Proud Runescaper Since 2003

"Skiller Fo' Lyfe"

buyin logs and lighting.. what respect does that deserve... ur rich..... its a game....

when it's a lot of logs, that's respectable

yah. why dont you actually try fm'img? Then youll find out how hard it is compared to some skills... ie. fletching, cooking, prayer (bought) (most people can do it in 5 days with the required materials)

I dont see many fm capes walking around? Do you?

It's one of the more popular ones, don't believe me? Even toast has it! No seriously, it's a respectable cape because it requires lots of cash and has NO return however the exp rates for firemaking are just about as

generous as cooking and, even without the make x button it's still about average. I do agree, it's more respectable than fletching and cooking (not prayer, prayer is more expensive) and I do dislike the fact that people just use the excuse of "it can be bought" or stupid arguments of "it's just pixels/clicking/a game" like the one I was responding to. Do you realize that I was acctually arguing do defend firemaking in that quote?

Also, I don't like how you say

(most people can do it in 5 days with the required materials)

This implies that buying the materials is not important and what acctually counts is the acctual exp gaining. You can get a party hat in a few seconds if you don't count the days, or even months, needed to get the cash. OF COURSE all those days count, it's part of getting the skill! You don't start out with all those materials do you? You have to get them and that takes time, in some cases a lot of time.

Finally, I don't really need to experience the difficulty of firemaking, I have mastered Construction which costs a lot more than firemaking. You don't see a lot of construction capes walking around because there are less than 100 of them.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

This is an interesting topic, but it is all based on personal opinons, there will be no cut and dried answer.

To me, the admirable capes are the ones of the skills that I abhor.

Agility

Thieving

construction

I hate them with a passion! So I admire someone I see wearing that cape, then I cringe thinking I will never get one.. becuase I hate training those skills.

And construction.. Oh my god! It is so expensive to train that skill. >.< *twitches*

My favorite skills are combat - I love them - so I will eventually get those all it will take is a bit of time doing something I like.

But the cape I will appreciate the most.. is if I ever (doubtful) get the cape of agililty, theft or construction.

i have seen quiet alot of wc capes out there <.< and wonder how many of them actully did it legit

bneing a mod myself who often alchs at the yews and checks for bots. 99.9% legit.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

Your right, Fletching and Cooking is easy to get... But it does take awhile and you gota have a fair bit a money invested into it. Firemaking would cost millions with no profit, but it is still the fact that they have put a lot of effort into a somewhat usless skill.

IMO, woodcutting is way to common (probably because i spend most my time woodcutting) but still people have spent hours clicking on a tree, but for a major profit.

Slayer is a uncommon cape but getting it to 99 is a waste. At lvl 85 your fine, you can get whips. Lvl 90, you can kill a wolf. Nothing further from there, and to operate a slayer ca[e you get 100/99 slayer? Wow helpful!

Real achievement capes imo is Quest, Farming, Hunting, Range, Herblore, and I guess crafting.

Woot HUNTING is mentoied in best achieved capes and craft also which i quite fancy.

img.cfm?img=41871

the capes i most admire are the minning ,construction,rc,wc,and the cape fore qeasts

Hmm I agree with the quest capes thing. Even though I only have 10 quests left to do, it really takes forever for a person like me to get all the lvls required (a person like me being cheap & bored easily so with no easy methods to make money)

And in general I respect all capes just because I would never work that much to achieve lvl 99...it's a game, therefore I'm supposed to enjoy it, and clicking & doing teh same things day after day is not my definition of enjoyment! so gratz to everyone who has a cape!

p5hngmeawy19.png

I wouldn't call the Firemaking cape "easy" to get.

I call it the cape of patience. Some 270k clicks to get to 99 if you are burning Willows, which most do.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Ummmm...

I've never seen a cape... EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ohnoes: :boohoo: :roll: :cry:

PS. Im not that much of a noob... Ive been playing for a year...

siggy6yx3.png

I don't take credit for this it was all runescape102, he's a GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!

Firemaking, since there aren't any real differences between the different flames.

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

As your talking about cheap easy skills to buy... what about construction? WAY to much money. I know people say "Make chairs, take them away and put them back" Yea thats good I guess? But what about buying all those nails and planks your using. Construction (POH) was ranted about not having it and everyone yelling that they want it on the RS Fourms, but when its time to come out people slowly relize that its a way to get millions of GP out of the game. Though I heard the Constuction Cape is one of the best capes out there... It is one of the stupidest skills...

Click here for my Falador World 2 Bank/Park and Price Guide

Clicky click for Recipe for Disaster Weapons and Gloves Guide!

Proud owner of a Woodcutting Cape - Sunday, Febuary 11th, 2007

Proud owner of a Flecthing Cape - Sunday December 16th, 2007

naa least admirable must be in order:

strength

cooking

fletch (ive even got this)

attack

defence

and from then on i cant decide.

maybe smithing and fming cos they can be both bought? but then again son can construct but that requnires serious money, those other too are laughable amounts of money.

img.cfm?img=41871