Question: Least-Admirable Skill Cape

Lunar_Drifter

for me farming. its just the worst skill and its pointless theres nothing that you can get from it thats good.

ranarr seeds, super-poison potion ingredients(?), easy herb gathering, etc. is pointless?

Exactly right local! Farming can actually be one of the BEST moneymakers in the game, gp per hour wise :)

Now, before you start spamming me "No it can't! What are you thinking, you stupid fr00b?!!" hear me out. Farming snapdragons, you can get 7 herbs per seed on average. The cost of seeds and supercompost is 41k per seed planted. Therefore, it is possible to make 88k PER LOAD. And, before you ask me about the per hour thing, listen. It takes around 10 minutes to do a single round of herbs. That means you can do 6 loads per hour of ACTUAL farming. So, per hour, you get 88*6k gp per hour, or 528k per hour. I rest my case - the best moneymaker in the game.

And, it's one of the slowest skills to level up in the game. There is a maximum amount of EXP you can get per day. This means that 99 is a guaranteed nearly four months of "powerfarming". I realize you can't apply "power" to farming, because you can only do a certain amount of farming per day, so it's impossible to no-life and get 1m exp in a day, like most other skills. Farming is a guaranteed time-consumer. So, therefore, it is one of the most respectable.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seen cooking and fletching too much until i'm bored of that cape, I do see a couple of woodcutting capes but i am proud to own one of the rarest capes in game: mining. The emote is hawt too ::'

Not to mention your 99 pole dancing lvl.

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

to bring this up-

runecrafting nothing but nats from 44 to 99 yeilds 504 million if sold for 350 each, but you'd have to be insane to gather the resources yourself AND do without runners, it's over 1 million nats to craft... not pure profit

farming nothing but ranarr from 32 results in 314 million. not nearly as much, but takes possibly longer and no runners available. also not pure profit as you probaly would buy the seeds and have some die.

these two are possibly the best money-making skills there are, and take an incredibly long tome, so neither of those are ones people disrespect often. as far as i can tell, no other skill is guaranteed to have that much money in your pocket by the end of it.

so yes, farming is useless, if useless means incredibly good money...

to bring this up-

runecrafting nothing but nats from 44 to 99 yeilds 504 million if sold for 350 each, but you'd have to be insane to gather the resources yourself AND do without runners, it's over 1 million nats to craft... not pure profit

farming nothing but ranarr from 32 results in 314 million. not nearly as much, but takes possibly longer and no runners available. also not pure profit as you probaly would buy the seeds and have some die.

these two are possibly the best money-making skills there are, and take an incredibly long tome, so neither of those are ones people disrespect often. as far as i can tell, no other skill is guaranteed to have that much money in your pocket by the end of it.

so yes, farming is useless, if useless means incredibly good money...

You would have to be crazy to go to 99 runecrafting mining your own essence. You need to craft 1.45 million nature runes, and that over doubles the time it takes. It takes months, possibly a year to get 99 runecrafting, and you can't sell for 350ea either, thanks to nature rune autoers. You're very lucky to sell for 300ea nowadays. However, it's possible to do it solo, but will take a while, although you will make lots of money. Another thing I forgot to mention are super energies. You'd have to grow/collect your own herbs and collect your own seconds to craft that many natures. Asumming you need a 3 dose energy potion per three loads of nature runes, that means that you will use 27,000 super energies. Collecting 27,000 avantoes would take you a VERY long time. And then comes the collecting of Mort Myre Fungi. That will also present you with a lot of work. Then you have to include the mixing of the potions themselves, which is quite the process in itself.

Then there's farming herbs to 99 farming. If you farm ranarrs all the way to 99, you need 420k ranarrs. This will get you 99, it's true, but let's assume you get 7 herbs per patch. That means that you have to plant 60k patches. Divide this by five and we get the number of allotment trips required, including the Eadgar's Ruse patch - and this won't even include herbs that die. So you would need to make 12,000 trips around the allotments (without deaths!) to reach 99 farming through farming herbs. Sure, it's a viable money-maker, but there's no way anyone's going to put in 15,000 hours of straight herb farming. The only viable way to reach 99 farming is through trees, which are actually going to cost you instead of make you a profit.

lSEHB.gif

^

which is my point...

that's why those two are among the most respected, because it's nearly impossible to do it solo and finish in reasonable time, and it costs a lot, even if you can profit..

that's also why fletching, fishing, and firemaking are the most common answers to 'least respected', they supposedly don't take long at all and can be done on a budget (thanks to autoers :evil: )

now mage i looooooooooove mage i cannot stand any one who puts the =; to mage. i loooove fletching woodcutting and mage. and it shows (80+ <3:<3:<3: ) i love being able to show people i can do the sweeeet fire blast.... and pking those dragon macs is soooo much fun w/ ancients. i made my fletching level legitimately as well as my woodcutting level.... also made my frist couple million due to that too.... i didnt buy my way through fletching at all i cut my own wood but i pick my own flax i make my own bowstrings and make my own bows. so i dont want people ripping on fletching if you as i said before legitimately made a bow with no outside help from any one else..... dont rip on the skill unless you've tried it the way jagex wants you to try it.

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

in my opinion the least admirable skill cape would have to be construction.

a freind of mine maxed it in 4 days using oak larders, cost him something like 70m ( :shock: ) and its so easy to buy.

Which is faster construction Xp, Oak Larders or flatpacking oak stuff?

Usually when I flatpack I just sell it to general store since nobody wants carved oak dining tables... I need 33m to get 90 construction alone. :shock: Thats about 110k law runes... :wall: :wall:

Yeah I'm a construction noob, if I accomplish nothing else in this game I want a nice house... \'

Pasty.png

Jackal, Con may be easy to buy, but that's the point, it takes the 80m+ to do it with, and that's the tough part. That's 90% of the work. It's as fast as fletching for pure exp.

Pasty, the fastest exp is oak doors, with oak larders the fastest at lower levels.

lSEHB.gif

in my opinion the least admirable skill cape would have to be construction.

a freind of mine maxed it in 4 days using oak larders, cost him something like 70m ( :shock: ) and its so easy to buy.

70M? Where are you getting that figure from? Right now, it will cost me approximately 87-90M to get 99 Construction without adding in the costs of trying to get a nice house. I mean seriously, who wants to go to a 99 Construction Party with a stupid house full of oak? I am estimating my costs of being around 120M or so for Construction like Tripsis said. Also, he got 99 Construction in four days? He would have to play about 16 and a half hours a day to do so. The average Xp per hour for Oak Larders is about 200K. This just sounds a little fishy to me... :-k If you planked your own planks, then it would be a lot less money, but I don't know anyone with the patience to plank that many planks and, it can't be done in 4 days. No where close to that. The most admireable part about the Construction cape is that it is hard to get the cash unless you have a rare sitting around or 100M in your bank.

Which is faster construction Xp, Oak Larders or flatpacking oak stuff?

Usually when I flatpack I just sell it to general store since nobody wants carved oak dining tables... I need 33m to get 90 construction alone. :shock: Thats about 110k law runes... :wall: :wall:

Yeah I'm a construction noob, if I accomplish nothing else in this game I want a nice house... \'

Oak Larders until you can do Dungeon Doors. Once you can do Dungeon Doors, do those. So yes, flatpacking is slower in my opinion. I think dungeon doors are 74 to build but it may be 72. :-k

devotedconstructionkt0.jpg

I think the least admirable skill capes are cooking and fletching.

Because it's just too easy and to many people have it.

You just can buy raw lobsters, cook it and sell it for allmost the same price.

And if your rich, fletching is way too easy.

Fletch X yew longs/short etc.

I actually would like to see a mining skill cape. Because it's pretty hard work.

Slayer skill cape also shows your might.

You just can buy raw lobsters, cook it and sell it for allmost the same price.

And if your rich, fletching is way too easy.

Fletch X yew longs/short etc.

I actually would like to see a mining skill cape. Because it's pretty hard work.

Slayer skill cape also shows your might.

if you're rich, any skill is easy, not just those two.

you could buy a huge amount of rune ess and hire dozens of runners, you could buy a massive amount of unids, you could buy all the oak planks you need, buy thousands of nats and alch to become even more rich... any non-gathering skill can be bought, with a few exceptions.

more people have combat capes than fletching or cooking as well. there are probably more untrimmed strength capes than fishing or fletching ones.

I would have to say cooking. It is the fastest for how much it costs. I would say attack also. So many people seem to have it (I know its not easy to get even if you use pest control).

Getting another sig

[removed]

I think that fletching and cooking capes are only really respectable if you have the wc and fishing capes (or at least have these lvls in the 90s) to back them up.. this way you can show that you have actually worked your [wagon] off to get to that level, rather than just buying your way there.. Im proud of the fact that the vast amount of skilling i have done in cooking and fletching have been a result of my working hard to train wc and fishing. If i had bought the supplies, i could have had both fletch and cooking at 99 2 months ago...

Id say a truly respectable cape to have would be the runecrafting cape.. the amount of runes you are required to craft to get to 99 is ridiculous, and is an achievement i hold in awe.

Rsfunnyconvo.jpg

Isloman.png

1700+ Total!! QP Cape! W23 resident.

Fletching would be the least i guess. Prayer would be one of the most in my opinion, its quite hard (for me and my short attention span).

Penguin Power!

MSSW3sig.png

^The last great war of the Wilderness....

Yeah, I don't have a cool signature, so the MSSW3 sig will have to do....

Here are the skill ranks(in amount of 99s)

1)cooking

2)Attack or Str

3)Fletch

4)The other attack or Str.

By your theroy Attack(I think, it may be str) is less admirable than fletching.

cooking or fletching (unless they are trimmed)

I personally admire any1 with agility, runcrafting, slayer, herblore, farming, crafting, and hunter. (wc, fishing and mining are ok)

Ah, Ignorance.

Crafter and Hunter>Mining?

Put the beer down...

Also, to everyone basing you answer on how the cape looks, than ou probably aren't skillers at all :?

Also, Thief is the most overrated. It is very very fast to get to 99.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

cooking or fletching (unless they are trimmed)

I personally admire any1 with agility, runcrafting, slayer, herblore, farming, crafting, and hunter. (wc, fishing and mining are ok)

Ah, Ignorance.

Crafter and Hunter>Mining?

Put the beer down...

Also, to everyone basing you answer on how the cape looks, than ou probably aren't skillers at all :?

Also, Thief is the most overrated. It is very very fast to get to 99.

Ah, hypocrisy.

If you tell people to put their beer down, your own post should not make you look drunk.

Also, perhaps you should explain WHY crafting and hunter are worse than mining instead of insulting the people who think otherwise.

Lets be honest,herbloremeven if you buy it,is still VERY hard to get,mixing pots,etc.

Some easy 99's you guys omitted to say is ,IMO,Attack,Strenght,Defence,and not necessarily with pc.

Final1.jpg

Well, I think my cooking cape is the least admired by others. Doesn't really bother me that much though. Acquiring any of the capes is an achievement. It's just that some are a bigger achievement than others.

That pretty much sums this up. No capes are "easy" because over 13 million xp in any skill, even if its fast xp takes dedication. I hate the arrogant people who say 99 cooking is "easy" when they don't even have it at 99 or even if they do! 99's take a long time whatever the xp is and if someone gets them they should be proud of that.

Oh and achievements, i think, are based on the person doing them, for some people who are good at training repetative skills 99 cooking isn't hard but for someone like me who gets bored of them easily 99 cooking would be a big achievement.

Cooking and fletching are great for someones first 99 and skill cape. I just fletched to get money and got 99 as a bounus. Cooking people only do it for the cape and aswell as cook x sharks give a rediculus amount of xp.

1k xp in 5 seconds?!

So cooking is the least admirable cape/skill

plod2.png Click for blog!

plod2.png

Watch great videos!

http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=plod64