Question: Least-Admirable Skill Cape

Lunar_Drifter

I am of the opinion that, although any skill cape is something to be proud of, Fletching would be the least admirable. No offense to the people who have the cape, but it is arguably the easiest 99. Or so I have heard... I am F2P so I am going on what I've been told.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id say 99 att,str, or def. You just go to pc with all the other noobs for a while and get a 99.

Horrible explanation. "You just do it" is far too vague it can be said about anything. "slayer is easy, you just do some tasks from the best slayer master for a while and you get 99"

Or you could say "you just go and train on monsters till you get a 99".

You leave guthans on with ring of life at bandits and come back every 14 hours(i bet people do that)

Afk training is not allowed, and if they get attacked by a random event they will not always make it out alive. (ring of life doesn't always help)

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Why do people assume that if they see a skill cape a lot, that is easy and noobish? :wall: This opinion has got to stop from spreading, spending 2 months at something is not easy and almost all 99s are not just "put the time in and a cape will magically appear after a while." A 99 is not just mindless clicking, it is effort and determination.

revan-1.gif

The top five list, at least in my opinion:

Least Admirable

5. Attack

4. Strength

3. Hitpoints

2. Cooking

1. Fletching

Most Admirable

5. Slayer

4. Crafting

3. Farming

2. Herblore

1. Mining

Although I am a bit biased, Since I love mining and know how hard it is to stick to it. :P

ZpFishingSkillChamp.gif

I am of the opinion that, although any skill cape is something to be proud of, Fletching would be the least admirable. No offense to the people who have the cape, but it is arguably the easiest 99. Or so I have heard... I am F2P so I am going on what I've been told.

Way to back up your theory :roll: .

OT:Fletching is the 3rd most common cape (excluding quest cape which noone has the actual number to ). #2 is cooking with around 17,000 maxed players. #1 is strength at around 18,000.

And that is what confuses me. People will make fun of my fletching cape as being nooby and unrespected when several THOUSAND more have 99 strength. It just desn't make any sense why strength is so much more respected and how it is not quote "over seen" or "too common". How come I can't bash people with 99 strength yet they can for my fletch? :?

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

People shouldn't be able to "bash" you about your cape anyways. If they don't have it, then why should they "bash" it? That means that they haven't put in the amount of work that you've put into it. People can sit here and talk this and that about the capes, but those people probably don't have that particular skill cape. If someone does have a fletching, cooking, or strength cape, then why would they make fun of it? They wouldn't! They might know that the cape was easier than others to get.. but they're not going to ridicule their own accomplishment.

So yes, there are capes that are "too common". And just because one cape has a few more people that own or can own it, doesn't mean that you can "bash" it. It's an achievement to get that level, no matter how you did it or how easy it was. It's rather a question of which one is more or less admirable in your own opinion, which has nothing to do with "bashing".

~Lunar

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

People shouldn't be able to "bash" you about your cape anyways. If they don't have it, then why should they "bash" it? That means that they haven't put in the amount of work that you've put into it. People can sit here and talk this and that about the capes, but those people probably don't have that particular skill cape. If someone does have a fletching, cooking, or strength cape, then why would they make fun of it? They wouldn't! They might know that the cape was easier than others to get.. but they're not going to ridicule their own accomplishment.

So yes, there are capes that are "too common". And just because one cape has a few more people that own or can own it, doesn't mean that you can "bash" it. It's an achievement to get that level, no matter how you did it or how easy it was. It's rather a question of which one is more or less admirable in your own opinion, which has nothing to do with "bashing".

~Lunar

agreed...

in that sense, the only ones who should bash the capes are those that have one

Imo, these are the top 5 most respected capes:

1) Runecrafting... You get piss poor experience even at high levels. What is funny is that anybody who gets 99 runecrafting can buy a party hat if they saved all the money from selling the natures they crafted.

2) Slayer... You get 1 experience per HP that each monster has. In essence, you need to deal over 13,032 damage.. At its best, you can get 50k experience per hour.

3) Agility... It's mind numbingly boring to repeatedly cycle through obstacle courses.

4) Farming... It takes forever to wait for your crops to grow to cycle them.

5) Construction... It is extremely expensive.

Therefore, in judging how "admirable" a cape is, there are a few factors:

Cost: how expensive is it to gather the resources to level?

Exp Rate: how much experience can you get per hour? 70k+ is a good rate, although in skills such as theiving, magic and prayer, it's possible to exceed well over 200k per hour.

td2sig.jpg

Imo, these are the top 5 most respected capes:

1) Runecrafting... You get piss poor experience even at high levels. What is funny is that anybody who gets 99 runecrafting can buy a party hat if they saved all the money from selling the natures they crafted.

2) Slayer... You get 1 experience per HP that each monster has. In essence, you need to deal over 13,032 damage.. At its best, you can get 50k experience per hour.

3) Agility... It's mind numbingly boring to repeatedly cycle through obstacle courses.

4) Farming... It takes forever to wait for your crops to grow to cycle them.

5) Construction... It is extremely expensive.

Therefore, in judging how "admirable" a cape is, there are a few factors:

Cost: how expensive is it to gather the resources to level?

Exp Rate: how much experience can you get per hour? 70k+ is a good rate, although in skills such as theiving, magic and prayer, it's possible to exceed well over 200k per hour.

i agree, in a way. Were is herblore? is you ask me herblore is alot hard than agility, personally i dont think agility should be on there. But it is your idea.

I thought about including herblore, but it's actually easy to buy. Just buy oodles of limps, kwuarms, and vials... And make super strength pots. And then resell them. And do that until you can make sara brews... You can't buy agility.

td2sig.jpg

OT:Fletching is the 3rd most common cape (excluding quest cape which noone has the actual number to ). #2 is cooking with around 17,000 maxed players. #1 is strength at around 18,000.

And that is what confuses me. People will make fun of my fletching cape as being nooby and unrespected when several THOUSAND more have 99 strength. It just desn't make any sense why strength is so much more respected and how it is not quote "over seen" or "too common". How come I can't bash people with 99 strength yet they can for my fletch? :?

I'd prefer to have cooking/fletching capes over str any day. to me, str cape sybolises pc, and as i'm anti-pc, i really dislike it. I personally only know ONE person who didn't pc 99 str. i've yet to respect anybody who ONLY has 99 str, simply because the ones i have met, seem to get a strangely arrogant auro about them from that green cape.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

its not the least looked up too, but its definatly somthing people like to flame about......... the hit point cape.

man so what if i have a heart of my cape, worry about your own equipment seriously. :roll: got 99 hp + cape + haters all in the same day...

A str skillcape is much harder to gain than a cooking or feltching cape.

2480+ total

Then why is strength the most common cape (with thousands more)? :?

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

at it's worst, for strength, you can get 50 damage at pc and wait at the lander...for several months.

at it's worst for cooking, you sit tight at the rogue's den and cook while reading the forums/watching tv

99 str is most meleer's dream. A pure, a staker, a hybrid, it's a popular lvl 99. So many people raise strength higher than their other combat skills, I'm not surprised it's the most common 99 at all. Also, my bet is a lot of players that have now quitted are in the hs with 99 str. The 99 fletch and 99 cook outburst is pretty new however.

Even with pc, it takes a long while for 99 str. While 99 cooking is pretty quick and painless, you just buy it and it's not expensive at all.

2480+ total

I believe that there are three factors in determining the least admirable cape: XP rate, cost, and benefit. The least admirable cape is fast to train, inexpensve, and confers reasonable benifit. Cooking is the only skill that meets all 3 criteria: It is fast xp, relatively cheap, and all that cooked food will prove quite handy for training combat.

devast8u.png

devast8u.png

There are 10 kinds of people: Those who can read Binary code and those who can't.

Cooking and fletching can be either respectable or not, personally i plan on getting cooking, without buying any food to cook.

I'm also getting 99 fishing.

I don't really think any capes are unrespectable. It takes time to get them, but if you class any, its fletch and cook, if you do buy it.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I'd have to say strengh cape untrimmed, it looks awful and has like 20k people with it

i think the str cape is the second coolest untrimmed cape in the game agility being first maybe im just biased but i do not think it looks awful. and with pc you have to pay attention not just cook all in rouges den or fletch all in a bank lots of people have it because it helps gaining combat levels.

StarViv.png