Lunar_Drifter

naa least admirable must be in order:

strength

cooking

fletch (ive even got this)

attack

defence

and from then on i cant decide.

maybe smithing and fming cos they can be both bought? but then again son can construct but that requnires serious money, those other too are laughable amounts of money.

When considering skills which can be bought, the time it takes to gather the materials is also a factor. That time also varies from person to person (and even day by day, like if the person just got lucky). Might be best to seperate the two.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for which aren't quite as impressive, since they're just so common, I think we can all agree on cooking and fletching.

As for the capes/emotes themselves.. I'd have to go with thieving. I think many of us (especially those of us who have the cape) can agree that the emote is very disappointing.

thieving cape looks hawt, but it has a depressing emote <.<

but thieving is becoming more and more popular, as people are turning to pyramid plunder because its so fast exp. But unlike fletching and cooking, thieving requires (or at pp at least) that you really really have to stay active and on top of the ball. It requires strategies and different ways to go about it for optimal exp, which cooking and fletching lack, because its just cook or fletch x. Firemaking, like cooking and fletching, doesn't take a lot of effort, but it takes much more since you again, have to stay active.

The least admirable capes in my opinion are cooking, fletching and strengh, mainly because pc doesn't take much effort after a while, and that's how everyone gets it.

naa least admirable must be in order:

strength

cooking

fletch (ive even got this)

attack

defence

and from then on i cant decide.

maybe smithing and fming cos they can be both bought? but then again son can construct but that requnires serious money, those other too are laughable amounts of money.

When considering skills which can be bought, the time it takes to gather the materials is also a factor. That time also varies from person to person (and even day by day, like if the person just got lucky). Might be best to seperate the two.

true there wil always be the random luck element affecting speed which xp may be directly or indirectly gained.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

Yeah, I can see fletching/cooking/firemaking capes nearly all around RuneScape. Usually people just buy the logs, because they cannot be bothered to cut them thenselves. And the raw food.

The quest cape is seen quite a lot, but I think it is pretty admireable, because you can't buy quests.

28u7f5g.jpg

danke Schon Sam!^^

"Blood runs thicker, oh were thick as thieves you know"

-Carl Barât

i'd have to say cooking/fletching as well...my cooking is my highest but i didn't even work on it that long.

other skills like woodcutting are common but you can't buy them thier just popular. people should destinguish common from least admirable. i see a ton of strenth capes as well. i think people have gotten a bunch of 99s in skills that they hate just because of the cape.

StarViv.png

The worst has got to be cooking (with fletching coming 2nd), I have seen way too many people with this cape... Firemaking is pretty bad as well...

But, like so many others, I have surcumbed to the urge to skill like mad, just to obtain a ..... Cape. (In firemaking :oops: yeah....) So I guess I have no leg to stand on...

legofan%20321.gif

kakawcopyfg2.pngTHE GREAT RACE TO 99 FM!

"Do or do not, there is no try"

-Yoda

• 4 weeks later...

Fletching, very quick, a little quicker than cooking, but more costy nowadays.

Cooking, very quick, a little less quicker than fletching, less costy nowadays.

Fletching and cooking, surprised?

2480+ total

Wow.. I'm surprised this is still even going.. this was what.. the fourth or fifth thread in the Debate Forum? And one of the few legitimate questions at the time. I feel speshul <3:

But anyways.. since I've retired and whatnot, my views haven't changed. I still think that the least admirable would have to be fletching and cooking by far. We should get a poll going on this!

~Lunar

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

I think it is cooking, you just have to click 3 times for about 6k exp, and lets face it rs is about clicking.

Apart from that, what seriously upset me about skill capes was the fact that people started seeing skilling as a race for 99's, I used to enjoy fletching but now in every single bank you go you'll see someone fletching or with a fletching cape but I don't think any of those people actually enjoy it, same thing for cooking or woodcutting - Skill capes encouraged you to get 99s but doing it the fast way possible, I have loads of friends that got 99 woodcut just by chopping, you guessed it willows, for what? Not because they wanted to burn them or anything like that, just for the sake of yet another skill cape added to their collection. Other skill capes that require no merit are the combat assosiated ones - combat was ruined by pest control, and we all know that especially if you played when being 115 was being a high lvl and when 82 prayer was something incredibly respectable.

Making the game as easy as it is now, in terms of leveling (not in terms of clicking better than other people) took out the point of skill capes, I wish an update like this would have ocurred before "Cook x", Pest control, Pyramid plunder etc - back then any skill cape would have been respectable and worn only by those who actually enjoy the skill and did not just use melee at pest control to get 99 mage for example. ^^

sig4ej9.jpg

no tẻ̮̱̉o boca pa te xupar los cojones

Vold failed spanish class. I love Vold.

I see way to many Att/Str capes. And after that its probably fletching or woodcutting.

I personally would LOVE a mining cape :) But theres no way I have the drive to get there :P Its almost 5 hours of powermining just to get to my next level... But its still probably one of my favourite skills, and is most definitely my highest :D

And now I feel slightly inspired to go mine a whole bunch of coal...

Blakdragon39.png

Definetly Cooking, Fletching, and Firemaking. They are just too easy to get. It is very rare to see a Runecrafting Cape, Smithing, or Mining. I give mad respect to the people with those capes

-Ammo

I engineered this thread with precise variables that I know would cause lul-worthy flames.

Ammo931.png

~Fletching, Cooking, Firemaking, Woodcutting, Fishing, ect, ect, ect. are not admirable in the least. The later two just proove you have too much time on your hands. They're extremely easy to macro, too.~

~Personaly, Slayer, Herblore, Farming, and Construction are the only real admirable capes. Everything else may take a while, but if you put your mind to it, you'll be done in two months. I plan on getting Construction and Herblore as my first two 99s for this reason.~

~Homer~

Our_Moon.png

I do not agree with firemaking - it is unpopular because you can't profit out of it. Woodcutting is easy but no buying is invloved. Fletching is easy - buy, click, sell, profit, bad emote. Firemaking capes i rarely see - i myself am starting aiming for 99 firemaking. it is very annoying to train.

I think the most admirable are any of the combat ones, melee that is, and herblore. construction just requires huge wealth.

im gona say firemaking is the least honorable because it is not only easy to buy, but the skill itself is 100% pointless

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn