Question: Least-Admirable Skill Cape

Lunar_Drifter

I think we can all agree that the hardest is slayer; it has the slowest xp/hour. However, agility is a lot more boring so to me those capes earn the most respect. Those and farming (almost forgot).

The skill that earns the least respect from me, is fletching. Don't get me wrong; I still respect it but compared to other skills it's very very easy.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

strength because of pest control and the sheer number of people with it. Pest control makes all combat training easy but strength i respect less because there are over 11800 people with 99 strenght. Its just a shame for the 5 or 6 thousand who got it before pest control that an update was made which takes the piss as far as combat training is concerned.

Fletching and cooking are also really common.

Personally, I have one of the less-common capes.

One that I feel is completely wasted now, because an update ruined the hard work of people before it, and made the skill extremely easy to level.

Sound familiar? I'm not talking about cooking, fletching, or combat. I'm talking about thieving.

Most people say that they never saw the thieving cape when I wear it, but I don't thing it's as useful now as it would have been had plunder not been released.

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

I agree that the Fletching and Cooking capes are very easy to get, but the Firemaking cape is quite the acievement. The fundamental difference between Fletching & Cooking vs. Firemaking is F&C are skills that you can "click and leave". Meaning, all you need to do is click "cut all" or "cook all" while firemaking is not like this. You need to click log.... click box.... click log.... click box.... about 220,000 times (varies with level and logs.)

I think those that have the patience to get the Firemaking cape deserve something extra.

Megakiller, most of the stats can be auto'd.

In my opinion, asking which cape is the worst is like asking which Miss America contestant is the worst. :-s

I'm not asking which one is the worst, I'm asking which one is the least admirable out of the capes. That doesn't mean it's bad. As I've said many times before, they are all admirable and worthy of praise and a great achievement. Just some are less so than others.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

Lunar, same idea different language.

Second place = first place loser. :P

Personally, I have three. Fletching (common), Cooking (common), and Firemaking (not so common, but increasing). I wear fletching the most because it's GREEN and I love green. When I get my herblore cape, I'll wear it the most.

The two caracteristics of getting a skillcape are time and investment

more time = harder obviously, but this means that generous amounts of exp per hour is a lot less time and a lot easier. This is why cooking 99 is so easy, and why runecrafting 99 is one of the hardest

investment only works for skills where money is involved. Some skills have more or less of a return on investment, some have no return. The more the return and the less the invesment means an easier skill to get 99. When getting fletching 99, you get most of the money you spend back and you don't have to spend as much as you do for other capes, thus meaning fletching has a high return and low investment, which is the reason why it's so easy to get (easy being of course a relative term). Construction has a massive investment and NO return which is why it's the rarest skillcape in the game to this day.

The most common skillcape or the least admirable, would be the cape which has generous exp rates, low investment and high return.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Thus, the melee attributes at the bottom, then fletching, then cooking.

Firemaking is a total loss - not as bad as construction or prayer, but it's true.

Excactly, there's no return on firemaking thus the cape is more admirable despite it's very generous exp rates

meh i think mining and agility there prob ones no1 wants cause it takes hours

This isn't about which capes are the hardest to get, in fact quite the opposite, it's looking at which capes are the easiest to get.

A lvl 99 miner will be extremely admired, so will a lvl 99 agility because they have done something that takes a LONG time to do.

PS: these all take hours to get, the measurment is done in months (or weeks for the faster ones)

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

i think skill capes have in a way ruined runescape.

But i should answer the question. I think the two most pointless skill capes are firemaking and construction. Sure construction might give you a fancy house which you slave hours over but it seems pointless

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

i think skill capes have in a way ruined runescape.

But i should answer the question. I think the two most pointless skill capes are firemaking and construction. Sure construction might give you a fancy house which you slave hours over but it seems pointless

You don't get it do you. The point of skillcape is to get honored by others, the construction skillcape is THE rarest and therefore you get the most honor. How is that pointless?

Furthermore Construction is one of the few skills that acctually has something that you can make at lvl 99. How is it more pointless than, say, fletching which ends at 85? You even said it yourself, a fancy house. A fancy house is worth the effort put into it.

I really don't understand why you say that construction, which has many benifits and which is reguarded as the rarest skillcape, is more pointless than common skillcapes which don't have anything new at lvl 99 and have a not so admirable skillcape.

PS: Skillcapes gave recognition to players who reach 99, and you claim that giving recognition to players reaching 99 is a waste?

BlueSig6.jpg

Fletching is pretty easy to level up, I got to lvl 80 durin my 3 month membership while I also trained all other member skills to 40+ and did quite allot quests. O:)

Anyone with a smithing and/or mining cape definatly deserves my respect.

It is really time consuming to level them up.

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

- Back to casual f2p scaping due to limited time (university and girlfriend <3:) -

I'd have to say cooking, fletching, attack and streangth are the least admireable in my opinion.

I was deciding on which skill cape to maybe try for a little while back, and was considering those, but they just seemed way to common. In my time deciding i must have seen at least 10 of each, which put me off them. When wanting a skill cape i'd want one that i very rarely see.

Also the attack and streangh ones are ones i dont hardly respect one bit, my reasons are as follows:

Streangth: Oh were do i start, for one thing, i hate the str skill, i don't see the point in getting it high and leaving att and def low, because as soon as somebody with hig def comes along, you wont hit them at all while they constantly hit you.

Str cape seems to be a pc product cape, having it almost labels you that, and rightly so. i estimate 9/10 people who pc alot are there for att or str.

Attack: just the sheer common-ness of the cape frightens me, its on the same level as fletching and cooking on commonness.

I haven't mentioned defence cape as one i do not like though, because it is the only melee combat skill cape i think is admireable. VERY few people go for 99 defence, but i dont know why? i love having high defence, and its the skill i want to get 99 1st. It is the rarest of the melee combat capes and because of that seems so much more admireable.

EDIT: just reinforcing my point, walked into rogues den, what do i see? two lvl 90 somethings in fletching capes going for 99 cooking =D>

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

definetly cooking, followed by fletching, the two easiest skills in the game, and by far the most common ones. Also, combat capes are pretty popular due to pest control, to thats not all so respectable either.

Fire making on the other hand is very respectable, its uncommon plus hard to get because you cant multi task it.

For me the least admirable capes have to be Cooking & Fletching. But that's not to say they aren't somewhat impressive. I went from 85-99 FM in a week, but I'm sure it was a hell of a lot harder than going 85-99 Fletching in 2. I have to consider any buyable skill cape less impressive than the unbuyable ones. There's just an element of devotion and purity about the unbuyable capes. I'm wearing my FM cape now, but in 4-levels I'll be wearing the RC Cape. It's unbuyable, and statistically speaking the 2nd hardest skill in the game. Those are the kind of skills I find impressive. The higher the XP per hour, the less respectable the cape.

For me the least admirable capes have to be Cooking & Fletching. But that's not to say they aren't somewhat impressive. I went from 85-99 FM in a week, but I'm sure it was a hell of a lot harder than going 85-99 Fletching in 2. I have to consider any buyable skill cape less impressive than the unbuyable ones. There's just an element of devotion and purity about the unbuyable capes. I'm wearing my FM cape now, but in 4-levels I'll be wearing the RC Cape. It's unbuyable, and statistically speaking the 2nd hardest skill in the game. Those are the kind of skills I find impressive. The higher the XP per hour, the less respectable the cape.

But when money is involved isn't that make it buyable meaning RC cape is buyable? And even so, does that make buyable capes like construction less worthy (which is statistically the rarest cape)? You can't really say all the buyable ones are easier than the unbuyable ones. There are exceptions on both ends, like combat skillcapes which are easy and not buyable

BlueSig6.jpg

the fm cape is definitely one of the least to admire... i saw a lvl 37 with fm cape and a red p hat....... i looked him up for his w/c lvl...... of course its not even ranked...... rich main bought his logs and gave him his p hat...... if you have that much money why the fm cape? great..... u took a month or so to get 99 firemaking.... u lost a lot of money..... at least fletching u took some effort moneywise....ive seen a lvl 120 with 93 wc and 94 fm on f2p and he has never been a mem... that takes skill and dedication... buyin logs and lighting.. what respect does that deserve... ur rich..... its a game....

which is why im 10 quests from a qp cape :thumbsup: definitely one of the harder capes to get.... herblore and rcing are up there too in terms of difficulty.... i havent seen anyone wearing a smithing cape yet either :?

Meh, I think I already posted, but after reading all the following posts, I want to add this:

Everybody is so blas̮̩̉̉ about these capes. Before the capes came along, I never even considered getting 99 in any skill and any 99 in another player would make my mouth fall open combined with an inane "Holy...", even fletching or cooking. Now people go like "puh, you noob" if you have a fletching cape :?. I'll hit 99 fletching in a few months, but I won't even buy the cape. Jaded, or what? These 99 capes have made us set goals that, in all frankness, are a bit crazy timewise for something that in the end is nothing more than a game. Alas, these kind of opinions often get flamed.

Skill capes that do really impress me are capes of the skills that I put a lot of time into myself: farming, herblore, and above all: love! Ehm, I mean, agility.