Question: Least-Admirable Skill Cape

Lunar_Drifter

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^

not to sound rude, but you only seem to have firemaking ranked.

people really should be able to train whatever skill to 99 that they want, without having their choice bashed mercilessly.

and to prove a point, when my goal of 99 fishing and cooking is done, i'll wear the cooking cape more than fishing and see what responses i get.

Least admirable would be cooking. At a glance everyone assumes a 99 cook just bought a heap of sharks and went nutso for a week or so. HOWEVER, a 99 fisher and cooker would be very respectable indeed, just its hard to admire it at a glance.

To me, the most respected 99ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s are smithing, mining and runecrafting. Sure you can buy smithing/runecrafting to a degree, but it still take an enormous amount of time to get it as mass supplies of smithing materials just arenÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t around these days.

Although the Skill Cape looks sorta cool, everyone (exaggerating of course) has it, and to get 99 in any skill takes time, but quests? Please. Quests are actually fun. :D

I don't run races to see who's the fastest, I run to see who has the most guts. -Pre

thewho2.jpg

Currently the best beat out there:

Minuit jacuzzi (DatA Remix) - TEPR

Guest Kickpointy

Cooking, Thieving, Hunting, and Fletching for me.

The only ones I haven't seen are Smithing and Farming.

read this, it's important to this debate. it has the amount of 99 skills currently in-game.

-there are more 99 strengths than cooking AND fletching

-there are more than 1 million paying accounts, and only about 60k strength/fletching/cooking capes total. that's 6% of the paying members...

i think cooking is the least admirable, becuase if you try at it for an hour you get like 15 levels. Thats what makes people want to do it, becuause you can get 99 easy, even if it isnt a difficlut feat with cooking you still get that feeling that you accomplished soemthing nomatter how easy it is.

I don't like fun, it upsets me.-- Marilyn Manson

i think cooking is the least admirable, becuase if you try at it for an hour you get like 15 levels. Thats what makes people want to do it, becuause you can get 99 easy, even if it isnt a difficlut feat with cooking you still get that feeling that you accomplished soemthing nomatter how easy it is.

at higher levels, you can cook for an hour and gain no levels. i'm 83 cooking, and i don't gain 15 levels per hour. i probably can't even gain a single level an hour of cooking monks (very few burnt, one per every couple of loads)

read this, it's important to this debate. it has the amount of 99 skills currently in-game.

-there are more than 1 million paying accounts, and only about 60k strength/fletching/cooking capes total. that's 6% of the paying members...

99 str is a lot harder to gain than 99 fletching or cooking. Str was simply a popular 99 throughout Rs history. In all cases, it is by no means an inferior achievement to a fletching or cooking 99, if that's what you were insinuating.

2480+ total

99 str is a lot harder to gain than 99 fletching or cooking. Str was simply a popular 99 throughout Rs history. In all cases, it is by no means an inferior achievement to a fletching or cooking 99, if that's what you were insinuating.

that line was my answer to all the people who bash cooking and fletching simply because "they see them everywhere". i've been saying throughout this thread that no 99 is inferior to any other, just the attitude in which people seek it.

• 2 weeks later...

mm i think thief noone says but if you thief you can get decent exp/hr at no cost while cooking you have to buy fish =p

but i still think cooking as least admirable cause you dont have to pay attention.

StarViv.png

Even though I'm trying to get it to 99, it's firemaking by a long way lol.

You make a profit from it, you can't burn bows like cooking, to it is reliable, and it takes no time at all really.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

By admireable it seems like your saying by looks and how much well least wow factor it has

By looks I'd say the 99 str looks the ugliest! sorry guys!

As for least wow factor I'd say fletching, I think it looks extremely loverly and would love to obtain it, But it's such a boring skill, not to mention I see so many! <3:

v.jpg

You make a profit from it, you can't burn bows like cooking, to it is reliable, and it takes no time at all really.

Either you don't mean firemaking or you have been sadly misinformed...

There are other ways of training firemaking besides using a tinderbox with logs. You could play the shade burning minigame, which gives surprisingly good rewards, from rune weapons to level 3 clues. Or you could do the barbarian ship building (forget what its called) and get a variety of rewards, even including a dragon full helm!

There are other ways of training firemaking besides using a tinderbox with logs. You could play the shade burning minigame, which gives surprisingly good rewards, from rune weapons to level 3 clues. Or you could do the barbarian ship building (forget what its called) and get a variety of rewards, even including a dragon full helm!

Bolded the wrong part... I meant to bold the part where it mentions the bows.

Bolded the wrong part... I meant to bold the part where it mentions the bows.

I think he's referring to you fletch correctly 100% of the time, and don't "burn" your products like you can do in cooking.

Yes, i do agree that the fletching cape and firemakeing is too over-seen. I do personally own a fletching cape, and I got it all before that "String X" option that jagex put on. I personally hated that, me and many other fletchers had to click so many times, and now all you have to do is click about 4 times, and you have a full inventory of yew longs....

NOT FAIR! :x

old_mage501.png

old_mage501.png

94 Magic achieved on 1/21/07 10:10 am

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=724819 <=My blog

Yes, i do agree that the fletching cape and firemakeing is too over-seen. I do personally own a fletching cape, and I got it all before that "String X" option that jagex put on. I personally hated that, me and many other fletchers had to click so many times, and now all you have to do is click about 4 times, and you have a full inventory of yew longs....

NOT FAIR! :x

I think I see now why so many people didn't like the "String all" update... :wink:

I think I posted before but... I currently am BUYING 99 flecthing ;l BUT I do have another 99. (Woodcutting) But although Cooking is least admirable to people who work for a skill cape, It is the most admirable to people who just want a skill cape.

But I think if you have a "Supply" Skill you are allowed to get a "Supplied" Skill. Not the other way around or just get a "Supplied" Skill. The theiving cape isn't rare, But it's pretty uncommon. I know quite a few people with it.

Click here for my Falador World 2 Bank/Park and Price Guide

Clicky click for Recipe for Disaster Weapons and Gloves Guide!

Proud owner of a Woodcutting Cape - Sunday, Febuary 11th, 2007

Proud owner of a Flecthing Cape - Sunday December 16th, 2007

Fletching and cooking are way way too easy to get they're like the easiest route to skill capes :x , granted firemaking is easy but it still requires more work than the other 2 and when u join it with wooodcutting to get ur own logs it doesn't cost so much and having the 2 capes gets more respect ::'

Sammy200_Sig_by_hawkxs.jpg

i have seen quiet alot of wc capes out there <.< and wonder how many of them actully did it legit

I did! :thumbsup: . For me, most admirable would be herblore or slayer.

Least admirable: Cooking by far.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.