Question: Least-Admirable Skill Cape

Lunar_Drifter

when will people move beyond saying "it's too easy to level" or "there are too many"?

any 99 is 13 million exp. that's no small amount, why belittle it? the grind takes an incredibly long time, and people who get 99 cooking in a week probably played 8-10 hours daily to do so.

so, for the love of whatever, please at least THINK before condemning 13 million experience and the time it takes, and come up with your own opinions instead of mimicking every other person who posted less than a sentence on why cooking/fletching capes are not admirable.

you wouldn't like it if i called your 99 woodcutting/prayer/crafting not admirable without good reason, would you?

Yea ever since this thread was featured its just "I'd say cooking and fletching. They're too easy to level." over and over again. :wall:

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think prayer is one of the least admirable skills. You can buy your way to 99, play pc to get it, or just kill tons of goblins :thumbsup: ham fanatic b(^_^)d. Also with the addition of home alters, you can level pretty quickly. The weird thing is, I haven't ever seen a single prayer cape before, but I've seen everything else :-k

Imagine, if you will, using 53,000 dragon bones on a home altar while keeping the burners lit and constantly running to get more bones. And that's if you're starting from about level 50. I bet it gets old after 32k!

Actually, if you use a servant and bring the bones as notes, you can pretty much do strait leveling

Contrary to Popular Belief, 2 plus 2 does NOT equal 6 1/2

dwarf_lord30.png

-Dwarf Lord30

seeing as most people are saying all the obvious ones (cook and fletch) ima go with two that arent normally said

craft

this skill is a very easy 99s if you have the money, and really the crafting cape is an extremely fast cape if you are waelthy enough. xp getting as high as cook in terms per hour and its all under a "make x" sort of thing.

1-800slayer.png

Retired after 2 accounts and 8 years of scapin...2 accounts over 2,000 total...may my life rest in peace

Brawl Code:5327-0581-3706

Cooking is very easy, I got one. :P

Coolest cape is Fishing or Herblore, and most admireble is Slayer Cape - Not trimmed. :P

Is that even possible?

Let's calculate..

You can get a maximum of 1/4 of the XP you get for att/def/str/range/magic as slayer XP.

Well since there are 5 of them, that seems possible.

But, there is HP, you get roughly 1.3 XP for every Slayer XP you get. There is no avoiding it unless you train slayer with the Tears of guthix - but that requires Slayer to be your lowest skill. (or rings of recoil, come to think of it. and of course quests and genie lamps)

lol look up zzzamorak, he's combat lvl 3 with 55 + slay now... it would take over 5 years but yea he could potentially get to 99 slay with only 3 combat... a 99 slay capewithout another 99 combat stat is very realistic.

umm lv 3 with 99 slayer wont happen unless you use genies. meaning youd have to get over 200k of them. people may say recoils but, wat if u get monkeys as a task? u attack them first to get them to attack you and with the millions that ull get as tasks ull eventually hit them and get xp. making it nearly impossible 99 slayer w/o lamps

1-800slayer.png

Retired after 2 accounts and 8 years of scapin...2 accounts over 2,000 total...may my life rest in peace

Brawl Code:5327-0581-3706

i think slayer is the best cape yes as said above

prayer is a nice cape aswell and your butler will not touch the bones.. each butler will say something different they wont do it.. and for prayer.. its currently worth about 100-120 in bones.. not every one has that .. and yes its a suply skill but you could get fletching with like 2mil buying yews, maybe make a little profit but prayer is 100-120m straight cash into bones.. unless you go and kill dragons for 4-5 months straight...

as for crafting cape said above... i calculated that if i get my ess droppped from abyssals.. and craft me own nats to alch.. i actualy make 10 gp each on green hides.. so you dont need to be wealthy to get a suply cape.. just make sure you make even or make profit.

Me personally would have to say theving,fletching.and cooking woudl be the easiest becuase theving you got plunder(simple) cooking den(simple(lose money thp =/)Fletching well easy but costly at first you buy supplies and sell once done for a profit and is most likey why more and more people are getting 99 just for the cash(we all know that)

Right now im making 10k yew longs and SlOWLY going for 99 might take awhile but worth it in the end.

And all you people who like to hurt peoples feelings don't hurt mine just becuase im gonig for a skill almost 23 thousand people have.I'm done.

dontfalldownstairs.gif

Barrows Items(Order)-V brassy,V-skirt,T legs,Guthan WarSpear.

Dragon-NONE

I think prayer is one of the least admirable skills. You can buy your way to 99, play pc to get it, or just kill tons of goblins :thumbsup: ham fanatic b(^_^)d. Also with the addition of home alters, you can level pretty quickly. The weird thing is, I haven't ever seen a single prayer cape before, but I've seen everything else :-k

Imagine, if you will, using 53,000 dragon bones on a home altar while keeping the burners lit and constantly running to get more bones. And that's if you're starting from about level 50. I bet it gets old after 32k!

Actually, if you use a servant and bring the bones as notes, you can pretty much do strait leveling

I've done this using that same method, and it was still a pain... right clicking... so much right clicking!!! "Sacrifice-all" pl0z!!! (only kidding)

I think cooking is the easiest and least admirable, I think quest deserves more recognition and I think construction shows the most hard work and dedictcation because you have to go back and forth to your house or wait for deliveries and it gives no payout except for fun and bragging rights. (It also has the coolest emote)

"Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work hard for it... Now quiet, the lottery numbers are about to come on." - Homer Simpson

Quest Cape, 73 wc, 57 rc, 73 def, 89 cb, 68 agil ;)

i see way too much cooking and fletching capes the least admireble one is probly fishing or wc not many pppl try to get those instead they go for the easy onees like fletching and cooking

if u think fishing is NOT admirable then u r mistaken. i hav been training for 1 yea strting at lvl 2 and im only 79. true if u go all day just fishin u vanm get pretty high until about 55. in one half day i hit 55 just goin for all the highest fish i cacn do. right now i am fishin 105k sahrks to get 99 and i and 2.2k there so it will take awhile like at least 300 days

but i get to be RICH <3: :evil: like 100+mil

that alot for me most ive had is 325k

hojhak.png

tryin to get 99 fishin and every dwep

and i love fishin

Guest Hiitchhiiker

Congratz on making the hot-topics list Moose. I believe that Cooking is the least admirable because it is a fairly entertaining skill, and takes very little effort to level. The most admirable should be one that nobody likes to do, which means that person went through hours of torture to obtain it. :XD: Which is a very good symbol of their determination.

Again, congratulations Moose. :D,

Hiitchhiiker

Cooking has got to be by far the easiest skill in the game. It has become one of the most common capes in the game as well. I was barely even paying atttention to the game in the two weeks I got to 99 cooking. Fletching is probably second easiest in my opinion. Next on the list would probably go Firemaking, then Hunter, then Thieving.

rssig2.png

mining is the best cape to get because the rocks you mine really help the runescape economy:

cross bows

bolts

arrows

darts

armour

weapons

i believe a forced cook cape is the lamest cape (getting 99 cook without a high fish)

I don't really understand why that would be worse than getting it with fishing. I mean apart from the fact that people who don't like fishing for cooking xp are sometimes considered stupid ("y dont u just cook lobbies n00b")

In my oppinion, somebody who got a cooking cape by training in other ways than fishing is probably a little more admirable than someone who just bought thousands of swordfish or lobsters. (even though I do agree that cooking is one of the easiest skills to train)

Now I know I'm probably just saying that because I don't like fishing all that much. It's just there's something so much more satisfying about training cooking in other ways.

Anyway, my point is, surely a "forced" cooking cape should be LESS lame than someone who just bought thousands of fish to train. There's something a little more interesting about putting ingrediants together to make a kebab or baked potato.

In the end though, I'm one of those people that just does things because they are fun. I don't demand respect from anybody, apart from trying to be the nicest person that I can be and helping as many people as possible. Surely, in the end, a nice helpful person should in theory be more respected than someone with a skill cape?

Along the coast road, by the headland

The early lights of winter glow.

Ill pour a cup to you my darling.

Raise it up --- say cheerio.

tbh i think cooking and fletching are the least admirable to most people. To be honest they were my first 99 skills and i still wear them most than my hp,att,str,hp....so to sum it up i like them better than my combat stats. And for the most admirable to me even more than my cooking and fletching is my quest cape because it takes dedication and lots of time and its a cape that you have to keep up with it to wear it.

Aguante Argentina!!!!!!!!!!

i really hate how easy fletching is.

i do not admire it at all, mainly becuase im have been aiming for the wc skillcape for months and am still trying to get it whilst from 40 fletching my brother already got 90+fletching within a week.

now whoever says that it takes time and patience just look - within a week or two i'll be finaly at 89 wc whilst my brother will alread have his cape.

so yeah ~ its always a competition with my brother, i go for a skillcape while he just trains combat, but then - oh noes - he wants a skill cape for some reason (mmm.... :-k ) so when he gets it brags to his friends, its seen as an achievement, but when i get the cape, it makes me look like the copycat, i swear my brother did that on purpose.

Cooking and Fletching are the least admirable simply because of how common they are due to being easy. They still deserve respect as they are a 99 and take time and money to get (generally), I think it's unfair when people call others a Fletching/Cooking cape noob because they wanted a 99 or one to trim another cape.

To me most admirable are Slayer, Agility, Herblore, Farming and to some extent Mining and Smithing.

Unofrtunately for me the first 3 are my favourite skills so won't be getting any I really want any time soon lol.

wildxyak.png

99: Agility 28/12/14|Thieving 20/03/15

Now no matter how much u argue about what skill doesn't matter when it comes to the skill cape i think its very clear that prayer is by far THE HARDEST skill to max out.

ajk822.png

4031st person to 99 Thieving on 5/25/2008

If anyone plays NBA Live '08 online on the Wii please PM me. I'm up for anyone.

least admireble is definetly cooking since its the easiest and fletching.

most admireble must be a skill that takes long time and aint worth anything like agility or perhaps thiefing

i must say that i think construction aint as bad as some say. Its true that you can get it very fast and that it is only for rich players but gettin 140m isent that easy either