Question: Least-Admirable Skill Cape

Lunar_Drifter

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im saying cooking is way easier to get than any cape. Although fletching is easily buyable, it takes a lot more time to get than fletching. I did cooking in 5 days and it cost under 5M doing sharks from 85-99. Fletching I couldnt even get it in a week, I ended up switching over to adamant bolts which give 400k exp an hour, but also costed like 10M for 95-99 alone. It isnt only based on how much a cape costs, but also the time taken. It only took me 6 days for 81-99 herblore, but it cost me 120M, so it is more respectable. Crafting I did 87-99 in a week, cost me 45M, still more respectable than fletching which takes twice as long to get.

What is your point? Of course summoning is respected seeing as it takes quite a bit of time and a lot of money to get.
i meant that its one of the rarer capes and i respect it. sorry for the confusion.

===========================================

hotpocket1ei5.jpg

==================================

coldplayvivalavidazn8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
i see way too much cooking and fletching capes the least admireble one is probly fishing or wc not many pppl try to get those instead they go for the easy onees like fletching and cooking

I think you have the definition of least-admirable mixed up.

Least-Admirable (adj) (leest-ad-mur-a-bull) - being non-honorable; not praise-worthy; having the quality of Multi-Taskery embued in it's fabrics.

ex) You are the least-admirable cook I've seen; you steal everyone elses' recipes and claim them for yourself!

See? I hope that cleared it up. Fishing and Woodcutting actually take time and dedication to do. You cannot buy those. Think of it this way: There are Supply-Skills,Supplied-Skills, and Independent Skills.

Supply Skills are skills that make the resources for the Supplied-Skills. These skills are:

• Fishing

Woodcutting

Mining

Runecrafting

Hunting

Supplied Skills are skills that get resources from other skills. These skills are:

• Smithing

Cooking

Fletching

Firemaking

Herblore

Crafting

Farming

Magic

Range

Independent Skills are skills that you don't use other skills to directly gain experience in that skill. These skills are:

• Agility

Construction

Attack

Strength

Defense

Hitpoints

Thieving

Slayer

Think of it as primary, secondary and tertiary skills. Primary are gathering skills, secondary are production skills and tertiary are basically those skills which are not dependant on other materials/items/other players, except for the occasional potion or two :)

disturbeda.png

least admirable: fletch

IMO most: agility

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

A tie between cooking and fletching for me, but strenght is up there, too many to be "admirable".

Top capes from my perspective : Rc, mining and agility. I can't stand training those skills for long periods of time so I "admire" players who have achieve 99 in those skills.

I'm tearsing and circusing my way to 99 Agi slowly, Lamping and penguining RC to 99 and dark beasts rune mining my way to 99, I expect to never reach those levels!

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Least for me : Fletching

Most for me: Runecrafting.

I would have said mining for the most admirable, but I don't mind mining, but RCing requires constant attention. Not that a lot of skills don't.

45,657th to 99 Range 29/09/09 , 41,018th to 99 Mage 13/11/09

rangecapecombined.gif__________________magiccapecombined.gif

Probably cooking,i know people say fletchings easy but it takes loads of clicking when stringing whereas you got the cook x option with cooking which makes it easier

Yes and cooking sharks gives about twice the xp you get when you'd fletch magic bows.

Least admirable is fletching and cooking, most admirable is Quest Point cape, or if we're only talking about 99 capes then it's Summoning followed closely by Slayer and Mining

Orioles8.png asciibacon.jpg

Orioles8.png

mostorganized2.jpg

*~72,749th to 99 Attack on 9 September 2009~*

• 1 month later...

None of the skills, I repeat, NONE of the skills are not admirable. All 99's are extremely hard to get (in F2P at least), and to me they are just too tedious.

If I had to pick one though, it would be Cooking.

I'll do a mini-rank on the difficulties of each skill:

1) Prayer - godawfully expensive, and real slow too.

2) Smithing - very unprofitable, slow exp, and the profit way is REALLY slow exp...

3) Mining - dropping one ore after another is really tiring, and the exp isn't that great.

4) Runecrafting - although not as tedious, it is easily the slowest exp skill.

5) Hitpoints - very slow exp, although I don't even notice myself training it.

6) Ranged - it hits too low, and the exp rates aren't even up there.

7) Crafting - unprofitable, and the products take FOREVER to sell...

8) Woodcutting - boring, average exp, and dropping logs is so frustrating.

9) Firemaking - the fast way is very expensive, and the cheap way is quite slow.

10) Magic - Fist of Guthix is free but slow, and Superheating loses a tiny bit of profit.

11) Melee - the exp builds up, and training is sort of afk-ish.

12) Fishing - quite fast exp, the fish just keep coming, and dropping is quite frustrating.

13) Cooking - fast exp, although I always lose cash.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• 1 month later...
cooking, firemaking, and fletching are too common, but technically constructiona dn herblore are both buyable but respected

fletching you gain money, cooking cost a couple mil loss, firemaking from level 81 to 99 is 12mil not that much really

i would really like to see you buy herblore and cons

cons easily breaks 50m

and herblore is very diffcult to get the herbs and selling them

Just a thought, but i was calculating the cost of herblor earlier today, and it costs about 200mil to attain 99 in that skill with any sort of speed.

pere_grin.png

None of the skills, I repeat, NONE of the skills are not admirable. All 99's are extremely hard to get (in F2P at least), and to me they are just too tedious.

If I had to pick one though, it would be Cooking.

I'll do a mini-rank on the difficulties of each skill:

1) Prayer - godawfully expensive, and real slow too.

2) Smithing - very unprofitable, slow exp, and the profit way is REALLY slow exp...

3) Mining - dropping one ore after another is really tiring, and the exp isn't that great.

4) Runecrafting - although not as tedious, it is easily the slowest exp skill.

5) Hitpoints - very slow exp, although I don't even notice myself training it.

6) Ranged - it hits too low, and the exp rates aren't even up there.

7) Crafting - unprofitable, and the products take FOREVER to sell...

8) Woodcutting - boring, average exp, and dropping logs is so frustrating.

9) Firemaking - the fast way is very expensive, and the cheap way is quite slow.

10) Magic - Fist of Guthix is free but slow, and Superheating loses a tiny bit of profit.

11) Melee - the exp builds up, and training is sort of afk-ish.

12) Fishing - quite fast exp, the fish just keep coming, and dropping is quite frustrating.

13) Cooking - fast exp, although I always lose cash.

For me, my most respected capes are in this order:

Herblore - easily the most expensive skill to buy.

Runecrafting - takes forever and a year

Summoning - costs so much money and time

Prayer - very expensive and time consuming, thanks be to jagex for making the bone grinder auto.

Mining - I just hate this skill with a passion. I cannot stand mining.

Smithing - Takes way to long, costs money mostly. If you got your 99 smith from cannonballs, you have my respect for being able to stay logged in.

And the 2 that I like the least also happen to be the one's I will probably get first.

Cooking - Sit in rouge's den for a month. Fun times. 3mil loss

Fletching - Stand at any bank chest for a couple of weeks, make money, not that hard.

pere_grin.png

I personally admire all skillcapes because I find it hard to even get something relatively easy like 99 fletching or cooking. It just takes allot of time, and I don't have the patient for it.

But if someone would offer me a 99 in a skill, the skill I certainly wouldn't chose would be firemaking. I find it pretty useless to have a 99 in that skill because I think it's the most useless skill. The cape actually looks pretty good IMO.

It depends.

Strength, but that's just because they're EVERYWHERE.

Cooking/Fletching. Fast XP, buyable, and a great deal are ONLY for the cape/prayer bonus.

Woodcutting. Once a cape I thought was cool, but now because of Ivies it is, by a WIDE margin, the easiest skill in existence to train.

Of course, 99's are all admirable; they do take a lot of time to achieve, but some way more than others.

Some more admirable ones:

RCing: Not afkable, mediocre XP rates, and the rarest cape in the game makes this the top of my list.

Agility: Again, not afkable, only semi-decent rates, and requires a lot of clicking.

Mining: The Living Rock Caverns made this only somewhat bearable. It still has lousy XP rates, and a horrendous clicks per XP (up until rock caverns). Also the second rarest.

Farming: Rare cape too, takes a long time (though, hours actually worked for it make this the fastest skill in terms of XP/hour) and a lot of memorizing. Also takes a good deal of money, though balancing herbs and tree seeds is not too difficult.

When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.

Cooking/Fletching/Theving - not the 3 very least admirable..but i dislike all of them

Slayer/Summoning/Herblore - 3 Capes i really like, not the most admirable but pretty high up there

136 Combat :: Jjozzie :: 2000 Total

99 Slayer - 99 Summoning - 92 Herblore - 82 Prayer

64m Attack - 25m Strength - 17m Defence - 20m Range - 44m Hp - 20m Magic

:: Bandos ::

*Solo* - 3 Hilts - 2 Chestplates - 2 Tassets - 1 Boots - 6 Shards

*Duo - 8 Hilts - 6 Chestplates - 6 Tassets - 4 Boots - 14 Shards

• 2 weeks later...

I don't mind how the Cooking cape looks, but I don't value it highly.

Fletching is ugly, and plenty of newbs, (not noobs) go for 99 just for that cape.

All said though, I think fletching is least admirable.

Dark, you don't really have any grounds for saying combat is easier/harder than fletching, considering your combat levels, and your fletching level.

Ahh, the irony.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I would say cooking and fletching are the least admirable, i have both at 99 and i'm not ashamed to wear them even though they aren't my more commonly worn ones.

People who get in a fit and say things like i worked hard don't judge me by my skill cape! I don't think people look at your skill cape and scream noob! (well they're always exceptions) but you do have to realize some are easier to get then others and people do comment on that.

Sparkplug234.png