Question: Least-Admirable Skill Cape

Lunar_Drifter

since soul wars, i think the whole combat cape thing, has been ruined, No offence to the people who use soul wars as a easy way to level up skills. you can whine at me if you must, I'm just stating a point that me, and many people I've met, (who have actually got to 99 ( combat skill ) without soul-wars, basically, the old fashioned way.

Thanks for taking your time for reading this.

~Jim

The part most people miss is that 1500 zeal would take around 250 hours.

Semi-AFKing 250 hours is not the same as spending that same amount of time training combat the old-fashioned way.

Combat capes have not been ruined, but Soul Wars has made it easier.

Please explain to me the old fashion ways of training. Why would I want to train at 60kexp/hr when I could do 110.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please explain to me the old fashion ways of training. Why would I want to train at 60kexp/hr when I could do 110.

Soul wars is probably like 40k/hr at best. Armoured Zombies are around 75-100k+

Or you could train slayer which is maybe 35-40k/hr + slayer and hp exp at best but crazy profitable? That's the other thing about soul wars. You lose out on the profit and hitpoints/slayer.

Or you could train slayer which is maybe 35-40k/hr + slayer and hp exp at best but crazy profitable? That's the other thing about soul wars. You lose out on the profit and hitpoints/slayer.

Yes, I know, I wasn't saying soul wars per say was 110k :P

In my opinion the least admirable is the one thats gotten for the sake of getting a cape. People seem to be missing out on the reason we play this game, FUN. I dont get a cape so I can show it off, although it is a bonus. I get it because I find the skill fun, or because it gives rewards that are fun. I have never soul warsed any of my stats to level them, although ive probaly gotten about 200k hp xp from it, but I played it because I found the game FUN.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Yes, I know, I wasn't saying soul wars per say was 110k :P

Just bringing up the Speed v. Profit angle into the debate as a whole :mrgreen:

After seeing how overrated combat is (yes I posted here before) I've come to the conclusion that the least admirable is a strength skillcape. Too many people have it to be cool, and it's overrated for melee.

But I don't do combat, so feel free to disagree :P.

disturbeda.png

I think all capes are fairly admirable. I used to think that fletch/cook were very idk i guess "nooby" but then I started getting them to 99... Ive had an untrimmed woodcutting cape (that i got yes, cutting trees) for over 2 years now, and in that time got a quest cape (which I dont care what anyone says, is an admirable cape - especially at my combat lvl, having to kill the new rs bad guy Nomad. )While working on 99 runecrafting I decided to get firemaking, cooking and fletching, at the same time as 99 runecrafting, and It turns out, to me Runecrafting is a lot easier to do than Fletching and Firemaking, cooking isnt so bad, but even still. They're definatly tough to stick with and anyone who has them deserves some admiration.

The fact that anyone can stick with a skill long enough to get 99 in it deserves recognition, its not an easy thing, and it takes some serious dedication. Grats to all those who have accomplished this, and to all those who will in the future.

Cooking. I don't care if you got it for completion's sake, but if you have it untrimmed, you're obviously making some kind of (pathetic) attempt of showing off. Cooking has nearly no use to train all the way to 99, except not burning some fish. However, you're better off buying the fish cooked, unless you're going for a DIY approach, which isn't common nowadays with the GE. Sure, it takes a while, so it does have some respect factor. However, it's terribly cheap, and in comparison to the other 99's, it is VERY easy. I'm not bashing anyone who has the cape, I'm just saying you shouldn't brag about it, because it's so easy, and chances are, you are trying to, because there's almost no reason to get 99 cooking besides the cape. But if you got it because you're DIYing, or for completion's sake, no hard feelings. Just don't wear it, especially untrimmed. EVER.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Cooking. I don't care if you got it for completion's sake, but if you have it untrimmed, you're obviously making some kind of (pathetic) attempt of showing off. Cooking has nearly no use to train all the way to 99, except not burning some fish. However, you're better off buying the fish cooked, unless you're going for a DIY approach, which isn't common nowadays with the GE. Sure, it takes a while, so it does have some respect factor. However, it's terribly cheap, and in comparison to the other 99's, it is VERY easy. I'm not bashing anyone who has the cape, I'm just saying you shouldn't brag about it, because it's so easy, and chances are, you are trying to, because there's almost no reason to get 99 cooking besides the cape. But if you got it because you're DIYing, or for completion's sake, no hard feelings. Just don't wear it, especially untrimmed. EVER.

The king has spoken!

99 + cooking gauntlets = no burning Rocktail. And cooked are worth more.

Just for that I'll be wearing my cooking cape whenever I finally do get it though :twisted:

Firemaking, hands down. If I had to pick a second skill, it'd be cooking. With the obvious advent of the GrandExchange, you can purchase all the logs you need to burn to get to 99 firemaking in less than a minute (and the same with cooking).

"Everything in moderation, including moderation." - Oscar Wilde

Snoutliz218.png

Firemaking, hands down. If I had to pick a second skill, it'd be cooking. With the obvious advent of the GrandExchange, you can purchase all the logs you need to burn to get to 99 firemaking in less than a minute (and the same with cooking).

but u accually gotta cook those fish and burn those logs

sure u can purchase all seeds for 99 farm or all pots for 99 herb or all planks too 99 con ect ect for firemaking and cooking its cheaper but still a week or so nolifing the skills....just cuz u can buy the matirials doesnt mean ur 99

StarViv.png

Herblore is 99 that no one ever realy seems to mention in these least admirable skillcape discussions. Its basically the same thing as fletching, but it costs more. Why should that make a difference? If you've got a wad of cash you can get 99 herblore in a few days. And wads of cash are so easy to come by now.

Herblore is 99 that no one ever realy seems to mention in these least admirable skillcape discussions. Its basically the same thing as fletching, but it costs more. Why should that make a difference? If you've got a wad of cash you can get 99 herblore in a few days. And wads of cash are so easy to come by now.

Construction and Prayer are even faster. And for construction at least I could probably get it on 45m.

Construction and Prayer are even faster. And for construction at least I could probably get it on 45m.

well with those, at least you have to leave the bank or do a modest amount of clicking. With herblore, you stay in the bank, click a few times, afk for a few minutes, then check again.

well with those, at least you have to leave the bank or do a modest amount of clicking. With herblore, you stay in the bank, click a few times, afk for a few minutes, then check again.

For prayer I'd only need to pay attention for the 30 seconds or so that it would take to bank. For construction I'd never need to leave my house if I don't use SC hammers

The G.E. Limit for logs is 25k. So unless you buy 5 different types of logs, no. Also, the limit for Grapes is 1k/4 hours, so there is some waiting involved.

Least admiral skillcape: Slayer. So many people do it inefficiently. If you averaged 30k slayer exp per hour, then that's a different story, but I know too many people who a year to get 99 slayer, training with a whip and DFS, no prayer, no cannon.

Some exp rates: Prayer: 300k (ish) per hour

Construction: 900k (Usually closer to 700k) with mahogany tables

Cooking: 450k (Wines or Pie Bake spell with summer pies)

Fletching: 800k (Broad arrows)/∞ (Fletching bolts while doing something else)

Herblore: 450k (Extreme magics)

Slayer: 30k (Turmoil, cannon, fast transitions)

Woodcutting: 90k (Teaks)

Firemaking: 450k (Magic logs)/ ∞ (Teaks with adze)

Leman.png

I`d say woodcutting, as nowadays, you dont even need to bank anymore. And woodcutting has too many bots too.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

The G.E. Limit for logs is 25k. So unless you buy 5 different types of logs, no. Also, the limit for Grapes is 1k/4 hours, so there is some waiting involved.

Least admiral skillcape: Slayer. So many people do it inefficiently. If you averaged 30k slayer exp per hour, then that's a different story, but I know too many people who a year to get 99 slayer, training with a whip and DFS, no prayer, no cannon.

Some exp rates: Prayer: 300k (ish) per hour

Construction: 900k (Usually closer to 700k) with mahogany tables

Cooking: 450k (Wines or Pie Bake spell with summer pies)

Fletching: 800k (Broad arrows)/∞ (Fletching bolts while doing something else)

Herblore: 450k (Extreme magics)

Slayer: 30k (Turmoil, cannon, fast transitions)

Woodcutting: 90k (Teaks)

Firemaking: 450k (Magic logs)/ ∞ (Teaks with adze)

Sorry but ALL of the data you presented is wrong, stop posting bull.

Rainbow_Dude.png

Cooking and Fletching, simply because of people who have them.

The majority of the people who own these capes only have them because they somehow believe it gives them a higher status. If anything, it just says "lol ima noob i wanna b pr0 but i cant. im 2 dumdum to figure out how 2 b moar efficient". As well, the attitudes that some of those people have are disgusting. Your cape doesn't make you better, and if I just 3 hit you, you don't come back and say "lol i got cook cape so there".

207pd9y.jpgHubs55.png

~Fire cape achieved at combat lvl 80~

BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~

The majority of the people who own these capes only have them because they somehow believe it gives them a higher status. If anything, it just says "lol ima noob i wanna b pr0 but i cant. im 2 dumdum to figure out how 2 b moar efficient". As well, the attitudes that some of those people have are disgusting. Your cape doesn't make you better, and if I just 3 hit you, you don't come back and say "lol i got cook cape so there".

How are you gonna 3 hit someone with your noob stats?

Go train before you talk trash about skillers.

Rainbow_Dude.png

Because your stats are so pro?

Zerker_jane.png

Because your stats are so pro?

*sigh*

Why does everyone always have to start fighting over stupid things when there's a disagreement?

1119king.png

Proud Quest Cape owner