Question: Least-Admirable Skill Cape

Lunar_Drifter

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People say Cooking and Fletching are the least admirable, but I have to disagree and say that Strength is now the least admirable. It's the most common cape, and that's looked down upon in RuneScape society, it can be gained in F2P AND P2P, whereas Fletching can't. Fletching and Cooking are both pretty unadmirable but I have both capes, and if given the opportunity to have a Strength Cape, I'd take it and never wear it as I'd rather wear my Fletch cape, but I guess that's just my opinion. :P

Most admirable, would have to be Slayer. If there was a skill I could just max out for free, I'd choose Slayer. It's one of the toughest capes to get, and when I see a player with 99 Slayer, I respect that they've gone through a lot of tasks and spent a lot of time trying to get 99 in it, although Soul Wars has damaged that a little bit in my opinion.

Genesis Leader

Ending Templar & Trial Caller of The Rising

Ex-Leader of Silent Ember - Ex-Leader of True Ownage - Ex-Leader of Legendz

Former Tip.It Clan Community Leader

I don't mind how the Cooking cape looks, but I don't value it highly.

Fletching is ugly, and plenty of newbs, (not noobs) go for 99 just for that cape.

All said though, I think fletching is least admirable.

Dark, you don't really have any grounds for saying combat is easier/harder than fletching, considering your combat levels, and your fletching level.

Ahh, the irony.

Ok sorry i think i should rephrase:

Fletching is harder but is VERY fast

Bandits are very very easy at a point where u barely look at the screen but takes AGES to get 99 Melee stats =)

so of course Fletching i much less admirable im just making a point =)

Rainbow_Dude.png

I'd have to go with Cooking being the least admirable. Although I don't have the cape yet(I'm still working on it) it is too easy now with the cook all option. And it is just as easy to level it in nonmembers than it is in members. Although Strength is the most common, it still takes insane dedication and time. Do you see 100 people with 200M exp in Strength?

As for the most admirable, that would have to be between Runecrafting and Farming. Both take time, patience, and until a high level, lots of money to level up. Even people with 70+ stats all around may have 40-50 farming or runecrafting. I'd be proud to wear those capes.

As much as some capes are easier to obtain than others, I believe that spending so much time and effort and money makes all of the capes admirable. I don't have any skill capes so I find it an achievement to get that much experience in a skill.

I don't like fun, it upsets me.-- Marilyn Manson

I don't give respect for people who get 99 in a skill just to get a cape. In many cases those people go for the easy, fast and cheap 99's which happen to be cooking and fletching so yes I think those are least admireable.

Sephy.png

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone think woodcutting is a little not so admirable? My friends clicks on ivy and then plays xbox until the ivy is gone, pause the xbox, click, turns, un-pause xbox. He isn't really devoting his time to playing runescape, he's just devoting his time to play xbox more. He just wants the cape to rub it in my face..but really, an untrimmed woodcutting cape doesn't really make me green with envy.

#61 Maxim Afinogenov :]

It's ok, I'm a Bills, Sabres, and Mets fan...I'm used to disappointment.

Jakerdang.png

Does anyone think woodcutting is a little not so admirable? My friends clicks on ivy and then plays xbox until the ivy is gone, pause the xbox, click, turns, un-pause xbox. He isn't really devoting his time to playing runescape, he's just devoting his time to play xbox more. He just wants the cape to rub it in my face..but really, an untrimmed woodcutting cape doesn't really make me green with envy.

I know and people say Woodcutting is better than fletching...???

Rainbow_Dude.png

Strength is the hardest melee stat to get, fools.

uh no defence is harder...

You can defence train with whip at az's, which is faster than ssing str at az's. Dharoking apes, I guess, but that's all melees and not everyone likes to pay and Dharok.

anyone has enough cash to buy dharoks... if theyre goin for 99 str

Rainbow_Dude.png

You can defence train with whip at az's, which is faster than ssing str at az's. Dharoking apes, I guess, but that's all melees and not everyone likes to pay and Dharok.

Pardon my ignorance, but "az's"?

It's opportunity cost, Sushi. You can train with profit at AZ's or you can lose with Dharoks. AZs = Armoured Zombies.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

Armoured zombies.

OT: Cooking or Fletching, simply because they require little concentration, they're cheap, and they're fast.

[hide]sevestia.png[/hide]

• 3 weeks later...

In my opinion the least admirable would be firemaking its cheap and pretty fast expirience. But even then getting 99 anything is quite an achievement as even the so called "easy" skills to get 99 in do still take a long time.

Most admirable in my opinion would be agility or runecrafting but im going for agility right now so I may be a bit biased :P

Melencholy.png

Questcape first achieved: Sept 20, 2009
99 agility march 11th 2010

99 Magic - some point in 2012

OT: Cooking or Fletching, simply because they require little concentration, they're cheap, and they're fast.

But also absurdly boring. I tried getting cooking from 92-99 a while back and stopped at 95 because of how overwhelmingly dull it was. And apparently fletching is slower... No thank you. I respect them solely because I gouged my eyes out before getting halfway past the halfway point.

But also absurdly boring. I tried getting cooking from 92-99 a while back and stopped at 95 because of how overwhelmingly dull it was. And apparently fletching is slower... No thank you. I respect them solely because I gouged my eyes out before getting halfway past the halfway point.

Yeh thats wat i was trying to say:

Take Woodcutting

- Fairly fast XP

- VERY easily Afk-able

- Only requires a 1-2mil axe

- You actually get money from it

- Not boring since you dont have to look at screen

Take Fletching

- Fast XP

- Impossible to Afk

- Requires a ton of cash

- Very hard to get money and exp at the same time

- Boring as hell

Rainbow_Dude.png

I know i can't really say anything, due to my skill levels ( low ) but, I've gone around, asking people with like 99 strength, attack, defence, magic, slayer, "How long did it take you to get that? some more than others reply, " About 1500 zeal, " i stop and paused at that moment, cause i didnt know, what the heck zeal was, and said " what's zeal" He or she replies, " it's like pest control points, but its for soul wars", Anyway, just getting to the point now, since soul wars, i think the whole combat cape thing, has been ruined, No offence to the people who use soul wars as a easy way to level up skills. you can whine at me if you must, I'm just stating a point that me, and many people I've met, (who have actually got to 99 ( combat skill ) without soul-wars, basically, the old fashioned way.

Thanks for taking your time for reading this.

~Jim

Pixel_2010.png

since soul wars, i think the whole combat cape thing, has been ruined, No offence to the people who use soul wars as a easy way to level up skills. you can whine at me if you must, I'm just stating a point that me, and many people I've met, (who have actually got to 99 ( combat skill ) without soul-wars, basically, the old fashioned way.

~Jim

The part most people miss is that 1500 zeal would take around 250 hours.

I don't give respect for people who get 99 in a skill just to get a cape. In many cases those people go for the easy, fast and cheap 99's which happen to be cooking and fletching so yes I think those are least admireable.

Well I have those 3; cooking, firemaking and fletching.

I got firemaking in F2P on willows to 94 and maples the rest. It was my favorite skill, I loved it! And I was very happy when I hit 99.

99 fletching and cooking I got for easy total levels/xp :S

From my experience, cooking was my easiest 99. Fletching used to be a lot more "easy" when you didn't lose money fletching mage longs... yew longs are way too slow for my taste.

Combining the fact that it's very easy to get XP and that so many players have maxed out both 99 cooking and 200M XP, I judge it the least admirable "cape".

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

since soul wars, i think the whole combat cape thing, has been ruined, No offence to the people who use soul wars as a easy way to level up skills. you can whine at me if you must, I'm just stating a point that me, and many people I've met, (who have actually got to 99 ( combat skill ) without soul-wars, basically, the old fashioned way.

~Jim

The part most people miss is that 1500 zeal would take around 250 hours.

Semi-AFKing 250 hours is not the same as spending that same amount of time training combat the old-fashioned way.

Combat capes have not been ruined, but Soul Wars has made it easier.

Tact.gif