Question: Least-Admirable Skill Cape

Lunar_Drifter

right then, if they do release such updates, people will say the same things about the 99 that they have been about cooking and fletching.

at the moment they're considered the most admirable, what i'm saying is that with an update, the views can change.

the main reason very few people admire cooking and fletching is because a fast, effective way to 99 them has been found. IF something similar was released for a skill such as agility, it can change the public opinion of it.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cape I see most often is Fletching, and I agree with your points. -.- Too easy to buy. I also see woodcutting around a fair bit, but not as much.

I think Runecrafting should get some recognition. It isn't a multitasking-type of ability; once you get an inventory of esscense, you have to walk 'all the way' to the altar, click once, walk 'all the way back' to the bank, and so forth. -.-

Mm. All skillcapes are great. Admirable. You just see some too many times compared to others.

6c8liky.jpg

right then, if they do release such updates, people will say the same things about the 99 that they have been about cooking and fletching.

at the moment they're considered the most admirable, what i'm saying is that with an update, the views can change.

the main reason very few people admire cooking and fletching is because a fast, effective way to 99 them has been found. IF something similar was released for a skill such as agility, it can change the public opinion of it.

Absolutely, but until then, the skillcape remain tokens of gigantic accomplishments

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

• 10 months later...
The cape I see most often is Fletching, and I agree with your points. -.- Too easy to buy. I also see woodcutting around a fair bit, but not as much.

I think Runecrafting should get some recognition. It isn't a multitasking-type of ability; once you get an inventory of esscense, you have to walk 'all the way' to the altar, click once, walk 'all the way back' to the bank, and so forth. -.-

Mm. All skillcapes are great. Admirable. You just see some too many times compared to others.

i have to agree i see far to many flechinf capes but i see more cooking then woodcutting, i still respect the fleching cape but not as much as i did when i first saw it, woodcutting i respect anyway because its my higest skill and i sorta have a idea of how much effort you'd have to pu into it.

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

This is probably not said often, but magic cape. I have an IRL friend that still plays rs who just turns on an auto-clicker and high alches over nights and stuff. Probably costs a lot though.

Playing for 4 years with only 3 drag drops. most amount of cash ever had: 15m :P

Something tells me im not very good at this game...

Picture1.png

Dragon Drops: 2 D skirt, 1 D med

Barrow Drops:1 Dh helm, 1 Guthan's body.

253+ quest points and counting :)

Click here to be a good person!

This is probably not said often, but magic cape. I have an IRL friend that still plays rs who just turns on an auto-clicker and high alches over nights and stuff. Probably costs a lot though.

That wouldn't really make the magic cape less admirable. It's against the game's rules to use an Auto Clicker, and I'm sure most people with the cape do not.

That wouldn't really make the magic cape less admirable. It's against the game's rules to use an Auto Clicker, and I'm sure most people with the cape do not.

Yeah, plus some people could macro the whole way to 99 Woodcutting, Fishing, and Mining or other skills like that just as easily as Magic.

Why is it that we have to think about how much people respect getting 99 in a skill before getting it? Surely if you enjoy doing that skill, or enjoy the benefits of that skill; be that having higher defence so that you can have longer monster hunting trips or being able to make large amounts of money from high level runecrafting then that is all that counts? Also, alot of people get certain skillcapes because they look good and can help to complete the look of a new outfit. Either way, even though everyone knows that mining to 99 will take far longer and will be far harder than cooking to 99, they have both reached the highest possible level in their skill and surely this is a positive? I say this because I often hear people disrespecting those with cooking or fletching capes because they are seen as easy to obtain. Even though a 99 in either of these skills may be 'easy' the wearer of the cape is sure to have put time and effort into achieving it and so shouldnt be told that their achievement is any less than somebody else's.

ichigosig2da4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Probably cooking and firemaking. Hardest is gotta be slayer.

Yea cooking and firemaking are easy but also much used as secundary 99's to make another cape trimmed. So the effort put in the xp can be added to another more respectfull skill. However the firemaking cape got a fancy look in my eyes.

greedy44.png

Yea cooking and firemaking are easy but also much used as secundary 99's to make another cape trimmed. So the effort put in the xp can be added to another more respectfull skill.

So basically you're saying that cooking cape becomes better if you train other skills too that aren't directly related to it? Of course slayer+cook is a better COMBINATION than cook+fletch but it's still the same cooking cape.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

fletching used to be an acheivment befor the "string all" you would have to individually click each string to bow. as someone who got 99 fletch by that method, i am very proud to wear my cape.

I have to wonder though, before string-all the amount of experience was obscene, so wouldn't x have made it harder?

fletching used to be an acheivment befor the "string all" you would have to individually click each string to bow. as someone who got 99 fletch by that method, i am very proud to wear my cape.

I have to wonder though, before string-all the amount of experience was obscene, so wouldn't x have made it harder?

I did it both ways...after the "string x" update it was slower.

• 2 weeks later...

Cooking is by far the least respectable, followed by Fletching and then Thieving... Theiving is very easy to get by doing Blackjacking and PP, few people realize it.

Firemaking is kinda of respected to me, out of the most common skillcapes FM is the most annoying.

¤¤ 20death04 in Runescape, Semi-Retired ¤¤

100M+ Net Worth - Yes I do own the AGS in my avatar.

20death04.png

As so many others have stated, cooking, fletching, and firemaking to a lesser extent are not so great. Of course, I don't have a skill cape yet, so I'd be willing to have one of those . . .

A 99 prayer skillcape blows my mind when I see one, though. I suppose it could be bought, eventually, but they're still so rare and with so much dedication for them that I consider them one of the top skillcapes.

Dragoon_Z2.png

Dragoon_Z2.png

To be honest, I really don't "respect" any capes anymore.

The way I see it, why should people that have a few pixels on their pizzelated character get any respect. In the context of the game, EVERY cape is gained by playing a long time. Some(like fletching/cooking) are easier than others.

But in the end they are all the same.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

I personally think any skill cape that involves insane amounts of purchasing materials (like fletching, cooking and firemaking) have little to no value other than to trim another cape or just out of fun.

I think I would admire anyone that gets a slayer/prayer/smithing cape as these are possibly the most annoying skills to train. Smithing requires huge investment with little return. Prayer is just fiendish (kudos to anyone that gets it untrimmed) and slayer is just a time consuming grind.

c88fa6c4d1b78db60e603ff611dd6e68.png

deviantArt | A book without a cover | My poems | My Sigs

I'm an artist of words.

I personally think any skill cape that involves insane amounts of purchasing materials (like fletching, cooking and firemaking) have little to no value other than to trim another cape or just out of fun.

I think I would admire anyone that gets a slayer/prayer/smithing cape as these are possibly the most annoying skills to train. Smithing requires huge investment with little return. Prayer is just fiendish (kudos to anyone that gets it untrimmed) and slayer is just a time consuming grind.

now try getting an untrimmed slayer cape -.-

makes untrimmed pray cape look pathetic

tipitmainsigjpg.jpg

you like pudding....me too

[hide=More Friend Codes coming soon -.- (some are now included cmon pm me

i have to agree i see far to many flechinf capes but i see more cooking then woodcutting, i still respect the fleching cape but not as much as i did when i first saw it, woodcutting i respect anyway because its my higest skill and i sorta have a idea of how much effort you'd have to pu into it.

Way to revive a year old topic...

• 2 weeks later...

cooking and fletching are definetly the most seen capes on rs but i don't think firemaking is so common it (to me) is still pretty rare as it requires more concentration, now if they were to add a *burn x* thing to fire making i bet you a whole lot more people would have it so much sooner :shame:

im currently going for 99 fishing :pray: , you only see those at fishing spots lol :D