Question: Least-Admirable Skill Cape

Lunar_Drifter

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cooking, fletching, woodcutting, attack, defence, hitpoints, strength, and a big fat QUEST CAPE.

All in my opinion are nooby capes. If you see someone wearing one of these its probably because they dont have any of the honorable ones.

Ive got 99 fletching myself and didnt even bother buying the cape. Simply for the reason that I have a few that i cherish much more than that.

Construction in my opinion is by far the most admirable and I'll tell you why.

Personally I have 89 construction and 133k oak planks in my bank ready to go.

Buying the supplies is only half the battle. First you have to be able to afford them which I can tell you is not an easy thing to do, it took me a hell of a long time to make that money. Time that I probably could have had 99 in another skill.

Now that I have the supplies, my butler is going to charge me about 10m just to ferry stuff from the bank.

Lastly, the process of making enough stuff to get me to 99 construction is finger-numbingly repetetive. It kills my wrist repeating that same motion over and over. There is no build-x. You have to build, remove, build remove, build remove, get more planks. Repeat this process hundreds of thousands of times and not being able to look away from the screen for more than 3 seconds at a time.

Very very labor intensive. A lot of people think that if you have the supplies you are as good as there. Thats just not the case.

Even if supplies were free lots of people still wouldnt be able to put up with this.

Thats why construction wins my vote for most admirable, hands down.

I think cooking, woodcutting, and fletching capes are too common. thats why i think they're the least admirable. Now, of course i dont have any 99 skills, but i dont admire those who have the skillcapes.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Attack i'd say. Yes, attack. How many people do you see with attack capes? TOO MUCH! It's really hard work (I beleive) and just really, lots of people have one.

i dont really agree with ya, cos im getting 99 attack too and it costed me 2 months of dedicated training and hard work, so dont say it least-admirable

2 months of training against 1 week of fletching for that dumb fletch cape?

Dennizzz666.png

On Teh Road For 99 Attack

The Topic starter neglects 2 things in his belief that fletching and fire making are the 99's least worthy of praise.

Fletching, in which prices have been lowered due to autoers, is now easier than ever to buy. Just click a few times and your guy (or gal) fletches away worry free, while you go about doing whatever else. Way too easy, in my opinion.

Firemaking; it may have a cool emote ( ), but it's easy to buy as well. It takes a bit more, because you can't really do much multi-tasking whilst firemaking. It requires concentration to keep a steady experience-flow. But still, much too easy to buy.

This assumes that the trainer is purchasing all of his/her materials. For those of us who refuse to buy, but aquire all of our materials to reach 99 on our own this is rather insulting. Fletching and firemaking are no small feats when you don't buy your materials and don't honestly deserve to be considered "less worthy".

The easiest earned "cape" belongs to the one skill which auto raises along side other hard worked skills in training. This skill is, "hit points". It automatically advances wilst training combat skills.

There is no individual effort specific to hit points alone which raises the skill so there is no real value in the cape. It parasitically advances based on hard work put toward the combat skills.

Well I train hitpoints and my attack raises at the same time.. :ohnoes:

Ive heard people saying that farming takes a long time, well yes it does but you have also forgotten the cost, that is assuming that you are using trees for expericane. Most respectable I think. Takes time and money. And if your getting it with herbs.. Well your making money probaly but woah goodluck that will take forever..

Least respectable Cooking or Fletching, I have neither at 99 but I have quite a few friends with 99 cooking and a few with 99 fletching. It is far to easy.. But saying that I would just be repeating what everyone else has said. So after those 2 what is the least respectable? Probaly attack or strength. The number of people with these 99s is terrible.. In many ways PC is to blame with the amount of XP it gives. PC may have been nerfed so it is resonable, but the damage is already done. Why I choose Attack and Strength? Strength as it is simply so popular and Attack as it is easier to train as whips are quite good to say the least ::'

So to finish on the note I started.. Hitpoints is a rubbish skillcape? From what Ive heard its harder to get than attack, strength or defence.

Tlc1.png

Cooking, fletching, woodcutting, attack, defence, hitpoints, strength, and a big fat QUEST CAPE.

All in my opinion are nooby capes. If you see someone wearing one of these its probably because they dont have any of the honorable ones.

hey whats not honorable about having high enough stats to do every quest in the game and the patience to figure everything out. I am a proud owner of a quest cape and i never used a guide

I agree totally that Fletch and Cook are the easyest skill to master, but I startded does when it had no X-option what so ever.. so it was harder but still easyer then any other..!

but if you're going for every skill 99 you gotta start somewhere dontya...

[skiller to Die for]*

dragonmattcape,maakt%20ni%20uit.gif

What you describe isn't Pking, it's just people fighting who don't know where Al Kharid is...

great topic ive been thinking alot to my self..

i am owner of a wc and fmake cape

some say fmake is easy skill...that depends on how u go about it

i had a 131k willows sitting in bank so i decided on fmake cape i clicked over 300k times for that cape and people say "oo ur cool u can light any log" i got the cape cause its "hawt" <3:

i believe a forced cook cape is the lamest cape(getting 99 cook without a high fish)and once u have stats for a quest cape u can get easily only a few quests will make me dissagree i believe fletch isnt hard to get but u make a a few mill off it and i belive rc or farm herby or con or slay at a lower lvl are hardest-most admirable cause u get less exp

plz review this and reply 8-)

Dont just own runescape, Take it over!

rstakeover

kuranus.png

kuranus.png

kuranus aka tree pwner

ye i agree i was going for 99 fletch before the capes came out then realized that it was such and easy to get easy to buy cape i stoped and am going for 99 mage instead. i have worked hard and am about to get 98 atm its still not the hardest but its one of the hardest combat stats to get considering its requirement of runes. i still plan on getting 99 fletch but mostly to make money and not so that i can flaunt a fletch cape to the other 5 million people running around with them.

i wish i could remember who i heard this from so i could give them credit, but this wasn't my idea. however i agree with this very much.

no one should be "respected" or "admired" for how much dedication they have or how long they've been playing. instead you should respect thier character(as in personality, not their rs character) and the way they play the game. the people that are nice and can carry on a meaningful conversation with me and have genuine values, aren't scammers or jerks, or are just good people in general are the people that i "respect" or "admire."

as for the cape question, i propose to change the topic name to "which cape takes the most dedication/money?"

that way you take out the admiration part which is pretty much a separate, subjective topic in itself.

me, i've been playing for a few years, but i decided to get hunter as my first 99 since i enjoyed the skill so much. i don't expect people to 'respect' me for that achievement, and i wear the cape because it is an achievement that i'm proud of, and i do enjoy showing off the emote occasionally, but it's just a little bit of personal satisfaction, it has nothing to do with respect or admiration.

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

holygrail-1.jpg

I do not envy people with 99 Fletching. Firemaking I feel have a certain style and Cooking I support as a means to get money. Same with Fishing and Woodcutting. I have full respect for all who wear Skillcapes except for those with Fletching (unless it's trimmed).

Owner of Quest Cape since 11/9/2007 23:30! Working my butt off to get it back.

lemurian04.png

i see way too much cooking and fletching capes the least admireble one is probly fishing or wc not many pppl try to get those instead they go for the easy onees like fletching and cooking

I'm going for 99 fishing at the moment! I think it is quite admirable - its hard to get and not many people get it.

I think the least admirable is fletching: its its WAY too easy to get up and yo can buy your way to 99 easily.

woah woah, quest cape nooby? do you know how long it takes, and how dedicated you have to be to get it? have you suffered the agony of Mourning's End part 2 without a guide? sure, it may be a bit nooby if you use guides (I got mine using only a few, which was in my earlier days, before skill capes, and before the farming skill for that matter), but it is never as nooby as say, cooking or fletching. not that either of those are exactly nooby, but they don't instill the same kind of respect in me as, say, farming. but anyway, to get the quest cape is a LARGE accomplishment, and you should not be calling it nooby in my opinion. do you have a quest cape? I apologize if you do, but I doubt you do, or else you would know that this takes a hell of a lot longer than skills you can buy, especially if you don't use guides, and gather your own materials, as many people (including myself) have done.

99 Cooking is easily the LEAST admirable skill cape out there. It is extremely fast to level. My friend was able to go from level 90-99 cooking in about a week. AND you can use the "Cook-X" option so you can be cooking while you go watch T.V. or something. And for all the people who say "Don't say it's easy until you get 80 in the skill" you are probably one of the people who only have 99 cooking and are just angry because you can't 99 anything else. Anything other than 99 cooking or fletching is too difficult for you.

99 Rune crafting though...thats gotta be the most admirable skill cape out there.

Pleasework.jpg

Least honourable are easily the cooking/fletching capes. Most honourable are Slayer and Farming.

halo2sigcj2.png

Thanks Jason321 for the sig!^

Proud to have served the Tip.it Crew

Drops: 2x D Chain, 1x D Legs, 2x D Left Half, 1x D spear, 2x D med (monsters), 5x D Med (Barrows), 4x D Axe, 2x Zerker, Abyssal whip x1, 7x D Boots

Barrows items: 55 (not counting the meds)

I'd say of the ones mentioned, fletching is the least spectacular. Simply because using High Alchemy you can go so far as to make money. Making money dosent make a skill less admirable, but considering it isnt a gathering skill, and your likely to be buying the logs (mostly yew or magic) it requires neither a sacrifice of money, or out-of-skill time (gathering materials to level your skill up)

Firemaking dosent cost very much (as low as 4-5 mil for willow) but the less you spend the longer it takes.

The skills I would respect the most would be the harder skills to lvl up. I would mention farming, but if you go through the trouble of getting a farming skillcape, you really need a life :D

Construction is impressive simply because of the dedication it takes to raise the money (getting the actuall experience isnt so hard, once you have the oak planks) (and it costs like 80-85 mil)

Slayer I would consider one of the most honorable, since you cannot buy it, it takes a very large amount of effort to obtain, and it shows you have a nice set of skills outside of slayer (all your other combat stats) not to mention it can be used to make a good bit of money.

agility would be one of the hardest to achieve, due to the high time-to-xp ratio, but I dont know if it would be as impressive, since the skill itself isnt as usefull

Runecrafting and Herblore would be respectable too, and in my oppinoin (though I have seen more of these than several others) prayer is too

Revel in my Wierdery

Well the least admirable would have to be cooking and followed by fletching...

I do have 99 fletching on my runescape char, and i think a lot of people posting on this thread don't realize that any 99 skill takes a loooooooong time of being bored to insanity to get...

In my case I had already acheived 94 fletching be4 the SKILL CAPES even came out! - i used to use flethching to make money lol

so it kinda pissed me off when the skill capes came out, i got 99 fletching, and yet it hardly seemed like an accomplishment to any of the higher players now since it is so "easy" to get. Lol get a fletch cape of your own and then see how [bleep]ing boring it was... it's not easy eing bored for 2 hours straight almost every day....

I believe that all the skill capes are admirable though because they take forever to get !!! me having a fletching cape have had first hand experience with getting one, so you who made this thread, and don't even have a skill close to 99 hardly have the right to judge which is least admirable.

Cooking is very easy, I got one. :P

Coolest cape is Fishing or Herblore, and most admireble is Slayer Cape - Not trimmed. :P

Is that even possible?

Let's calculate..

You can get a maximum of 1/4 of the XP you get for att/def/str/range/magic as slayer XP.

Well since there are 5 of them, that seems possible.

But, there is HP, you get roughly 1.3 XP for every Slayer XP you get. There is no avoiding it unless you train slayer with the Tears of guthix - but that requires Slayer to be your lowest skill. (or rings of recoil, come to think of it. and of course quests and genie lamps)

lol look up zzzamorak, he's combat lvl 3 with 55 + slay now... it would take over 5 years but yea he could potentially get to 99 slay with only 3 combat... a 99 slay capewithout another 99 combat stat is very realistic.

I think prayer is one of the least admirable skills. You can buy your way to 99, play pc to get it, or just kill tons of goblins

:thumbsup: ham fanatic b(^_^)d. Also with the addition of home alters, you can level pretty quickly. The weird thing is, I haven't ever seen a single prayer cape before, but I've seen everything else :-k

Contrary to Popular Belief, 2 plus 2 does NOT equal 6 1/2

dwarf_lord30.png

-Dwarf Lord30

I think prayer is one of the least admirable skills. You can buy your way to 99, play pc to get it, or just kill tons of goblins :thumbsup: ham fanatic b(^_^)d. Also with the addition of home alters, you can level pretty quickly. The weird thing is, I haven't ever seen a single prayer cape before, but I've seen everything else :-k

Imagine, if you will, using 53,000 dragon bones on a home altar while keeping the burners lit and constantly running to get more bones. And that's if you're starting from about level 50. I bet it gets old after 32k!

when will people move beyond saying "it's too easy to level" or "there are too many"?

any 99 is 13 million exp. that's no small amount, why belittle it? the grind takes an incredibly long time, and people who get 99 cooking in a week probably played 8-10 hours daily to do so.

so, for the love of whatever, please at least THINK before condemning 13 million experience and the time it takes, and come up with your own opinions instead of mimicking every other person who posted less than a sentence on why cooking/fletching capes are not admirable.

you wouldn't like it if i called your 99 woodcutting/prayer/crafting not admirable without good reason, would you?