Question: Least-Admirable Skill Cape

Lunar_Drifter

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

least admireable skill is cooking. Just click cook all and it cooks all, repeat and eventually you can get a 99. very easy if you have tonnes of cash.

yes you need patience and it does take a long time but is very very easy...

second place goes to fletching...

going for 99 fishing. Currently lvl 86. very admirable 99 may i mention!

if you're going to be like that about cooking and fletching..

if you string your bows, then fletching is harder than fishing.

fishing, buy 200k feathers from any store that sells them. go to shilo village. and fish until level 99

then you could cook all the fish and get 99 cooking.

i'd say then, that fishing is the same as cooking

but fletching, is annoying because you dont really have a whole lot of time in between stringing the bows to do something else, unless you have 2 monitors like i do (freaking awesome to use if playing RS)

self-imposted limitations don't increase the amount of respect that people will give you unless you tell them each time (and even, they are only accepted in some cases).

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Least admirable Skill Cape(s) obviously Fletching and Cooking

They're just everywhere, too common to be unique. But they do require the kind of effort as other skills. Maybe its the bankable factor that makes them despicable, but WTH the guys that complain don't even have one so...(Complete the rest)

Most admirable Skill Cape(s) RC, Agility, Mining & Slayer

They don't have any shortcuts to them; they have a small "Bankable" factor but still doesn't match the commitment they require.

Overated Skill Capes(s) Herblore, Smithing, Crafting, Prayer & Construction

All Bankable- All repetitive- All consuming- All quite rare to see though

The point is don't judge sum1 if you don't have one youself.

HK

Total Level 2247- 11x 99s All Combat Skills, Slayer, Summoning, Woodcutting, Herblore

You know, the fact that a skill is buyable actually implies that it is harder because you have to spend all this time getting the cash on top of the exp. It's only when the exp rate is generous that it's easier.

Just being repetitive doesn't make it easy, in fact people have a harder time doing repetitive skills.

Consuming, i have no idea what you mean

The fact that they are rare makes them respectable

Therefore, none of them are overrated. They are all hard to get due to their incredible cost.

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

They're just everywhere, too common to be unique.

you do know that your two (strength and attack), are the other two most common, with strength being more seen than fletching, and attack being slightly less than cooking...

that, and they're still only owned by about 2-4% of members. might want to make sure you know the numbers, and follow your own advice (unless you have obtained a cooking and fletching cape before the hiscores updated).

-i've been the one defending the two capes, just pointing that out, so to avoid being flamed as a hypocrite

You know, the fact that a skill is buyable actually implies that it is harder because you have to spend all this time getting the cash on top of the exp. It's only when the exp rate is generous that it's easier.

Just being repetitive doesn't make it easy, in fact people have a harder time doing repetitive skills.

Consuming, i have no idea what you mean

The fact that they are rare makes them respectable

Therefore, none of them are overrated. They are all hard to get due to their incredible cost.

Clearly you don't know how easy millons are nowadays, gwd alone supply enough money to fulfil that purpose. Consuming (-money) is basically pouring money down the drain.

They're just everywhere, too common to be unique.

you do know that your two (strength and attack), are the other two most common, with strength being more seen than fletching, and attack being slightly less than cooking...

that, and they're still only owned by about 2-4% of members. might want to make sure you know the numbers, and follow your own advice (unless you have obtained a cooking and fletching cape before the hiscores updated).

-i've been the one defending the two capes, just pointing that out, so to avoid being flamed as a hypocrite

Lol good way to move aside the actual topic? Seriously walk around in member world count number of fletching cape u see in use. Besides I never said I disliked them, but there are many hat don't even have a skill cape and comment negatively. Me getting fletching and cooking..fat chance- I go with my senses and not the common trend; maxing combat stats is the most logically thing for any player while 99 skills in discussion here aren't functional, so obviously they are favourable by the public

Your point of-

At least

26300 people are 99 Fletchers

23700 are 99 Strengths

They're 3k apart but in the end which is least admirable?

Total Level 2247- 11x 99s All Combat Skills, Slayer, Summoning, Woodcutting, Herblore

Your point of-

At least

23700 are 99 Strengths

Did you ever train at the Marim Dungeon for a long time? Or at the Bandit Camp?

Never once and u just went off topic

Mod Delete this after.

Your point of-

At least

23700 are 99 Strengths

Mod Delete this after.

it's a debate. there really isn't that much off-topic to go in to. saying that it's off topic hurts this thread more than actually challenging an opinion, which would be the whole point of this subforum.

fletching is a great way to make money when paired with high alchemy, and with cooking you can get chaos or goldsmithing gauntlets and still not burn a single shark. it's quite obvious why people get 99 in them, there's good money involved and it benefits you in the end. that, and if any other foods, or dragon crossbows, etc., they're the ones that will profit from it.

Clearly you don't know how easy millons are nowadays, gwd alone supply enough money to fulfil that purpose. Consuming (-money) is basically pouring money down the drain.

If a skill consumes money that is not a reason why it is easier, it's actually a reason why the skill is harder.

Any moneymaking method will get you the money you need, but it's the amount of time that matters? Not only the average 'scaper can't do GWD efficiently, but also average gain from GWD isn't all that much better than what we have already seen from methods like dks, the amount you get also varies A LOT.

BlueSig6.jpg

Your point of-

At least

23700 are 99 Strengths

Mod Delete this after.

it's a debate. there really isn't that much off-topic to go in to. saying that it's off topic hurts this thread more than actually challenging an opinion, which would be the whole point of this subforum.

He didn't talk about skill cape (the topic) and basically spammed that question out of nowhere, sorry but the debate is about skill capes not whether I train at a spot or not.

New ideas:

Perhaps The new Overrated capes are: Firemaking, woodcutting and fishing cause the exp per hour rate actually aren't that bad?

Another type- Money-draining & die-hard capes: Crafting, Con, Smithing, Farming, Herblore- Go figure the actual rewarding part from the 99 but hey only 1k or less people has them. So Stare and admire.

Your point of-

At least

23700 are 99 Strengths

Mod Delete this after.

You imply, rhetorically, that fletching is less admirable than strength, even though their numbers are similar. I assume you say this is because fletching can be bought, but strength cannot. But there are ways that you can train combat skills extremely easily too. Even more easily, in some people's eyes, than fletching or cooking. I have a friend who is getting 99 strength by training in the Marim dungeon. He openly admits that he does not pay attention. At all. He puts prayer on and checks back every 5 minutes and drinks a dose of prayer potion. This is even easier than fletching or cooking in my opinion, because with those skills you can't ignore the screen for more than a minute or so before you stop with your current load of logs or fish. Its the same with the bandit camp, except people there eat a bit of food every now and then rather than use prayer.

That's why I asked.

You imply, rhetorically, that fletching is less admirable than strength, even though their numbers are similar. I assume you say this is because fletching can be bought, but strength cannot. But there are ways that you can train combat skills extremely easily too.

Rhetorically?...However this is proved loads of times because there's less people asking people to do fletching emote comparing to strength. Yes, melee can be easily trained if you know where to.

You imply, rhetorically, that fletching is less admirable than strength, even though their numbers are similar. I assume you say this is because fletching can be bought, but strength cannot. But there are ways that you can train combat skills extremely easily too.

Rhetorically?...However this is proved loads of times because there's less people asking people to do fletching emote comparing to strength. Yes, melee can be easily trained if you know where to.

so how admirable a skillcape is is now defined by how many people ask for the emote...?

so how admirable a skillcape is is now defined by how many people ask for the emote...?

Based on frequency of appraisals aka likeihood to be asked for emote, unless u have another way to define that then I would love to hear about it.

Based on frequency of appraisals aka likeihood to be asked for emote, unless u have another way to define that then I would love to hear about it.

what about personal opinion?

yours is that certain buyable skills are less admirable than others that can also be bought, and that your skillcape is more admirable if more people ask to see the emote.

mine is that a skillcape is only as admirable as the person wearing it.

yours is that certain buyable skills are less admirable than others that can also be bought, and that your skillcape is more admirable if more people ask to see the emote.

Btw I made up a group of capes for those solely buyable skills- Diehard, costly, admirable skill capes (Smithing, herb, Construction, farming, prayer). They are appreciated by the majority.

So yours is based on reputation....If a cocky player has a Construction cape, he isn't admirable as player, but is admirable as a skill cape owner? That would be more suitable for a debate called "Player Reputation x Skill capes-Which would you admire more?"

i see way too much cooking and fletching capes the least admireble one is probly fishing or wc not many pppl try to get those instead they go for the easy onees like fletching and cooking

Fishing is harder than agility.

Both have similar exp rates, but fishing requires less attention than agility (making fishing easier) and agility actually costs quite a lot of super energy potions (making agility harder)

Therefore, agility is harder than fishing.

BlueSig6.jpg

Btw I made up a group of capes for those solely buyable skills- Diehard, costly, admirable skill capes (Smithing, herb, Construction, farming, prayer). They are appreciated by the majority.

So yours is based on reputation....If a cocky player has a Construction cape, he isn't admirable as player, but is admirable as a skill cape owner? That would be more suitable for a debate called "Player Reputation x Skill capes-Which would you admire more?"

actually, it's their behavior. if a player with 99 construction is a complete [wagon], i'll respect him less than a 99 cook.

for the skills themselves, it's all equal in my eyes. players will, sooner or later, find a way to get any 99 in roughly the same amount of time. cooking and fletching are only the least admirable to people because of numbers. those numbers chose it because there are so many benefits to it. you can respect, say, agility more, but in the long run you'll get more use out of cooking.

players will, sooner or later, find a way to get any 99 in roughly the same amount of time.

Sorry, but that's just too far from the truth.

Compare the fastest runecrafting method (runners), which takes months, with fletching or cooking which take 2 weeks (at a normal pace)

How is that even close to the "same amount of time"?

and even if it was, cooking/fletching requires less attention than rcing making them even easier.

BlueSig6.jpg

players will, sooner or later, find a way to get any 99 in roughly the same amount of time.

Compare the fastest runecrafting method (runners), which takes months, with fletching or cooking which take 2 weeks (at a normal pace)

and even if it was, cooking/fletching requires less attention than rcing making them even easier.

considering that new things are added at the very least once a month, there are bound to be a few that help with training. just look at prayer: when construction was released, you had to use ectofunctus to get fast levels, and that was a slow method. now you've got gilded altars that you don't even have to walk to the bank to use.

of course, there are some skills that it won't happen for, as you mentioned. that comment is mainly aimed at certain 'buyables'.

considering that new things are added at the very least once a month, there are bound to be a few that help with training. just look at prayer: when construction was released, you had to use ectofunctus to get fast levels, and that was a slow method. now you've got gilded altars that you don't even have to walk to the bank to use.

of course, there are some skills that it won't happen for, as you mentioned. that comment is mainly aimed at certain 'buyables'.

So basically you're saying all skills are equal and despite the insane gap in difficulty they are still all equal just because futur updates may make them easier.

First of all, that's completely ridiculous to base your entire argument on the assumption that such updates will be released. Even if some skills have changed in the past. We are looking at their status as they stand right now at this current moment.

The example you gave with prayer is pretty bad anyways. With construction, prayer was made more expensive and faster. Meaning that prayer's rank in terms of awesomeness became that of an "expensive" skill. There is nothing in that update that makes the difficulty of prayer even remotely similar to that of cooking/fletching. Those two are still ridiculously easy.

Also, you're greatest overestimating the effect of such hypothetic updates. Do you really believe that they will make a method that turns slayer into cooking? Even if they multiply the exp given in slayer by 10, cooking is still way easier.

Looking at past updates is simply not an efficient way of predicting future ones. Yes, the game is dynamic, but no you cannot say "oh well construction cape is as easy to get as cooking because they'll probably release an easy method for training construction in the next few months">

BlueSig6.jpg