~~~~Wakka Blog~~98/99 Woodcutting~~MY RETURN AGAIN~~~~~

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

89woodcuttingkj2.png

mousekeys are my best friend with this skill. I've gotten REALLY good with them over today. I can drop a full load of logs in less than 10 seconds on a typical run, unless I miss a few logs which can happen often. About 13 seconds tops. I might upload a video just to show everybody the potential that mousekeys have in RS, and they are perfectly safe to use, they come standard on all PC's and I believe Macs have the same thing.

how much xp per hour is teaks...i might have to switch to them instead of my catherby willows
They are definitly the fastest. I'm going to guess about 50k an hour at level 90 but that will steadily increase to about 70-80k up around 99 from what I've been told. I don't usually count unless I'm debating speeds between two methods and teaks just seem to blow everything else out of the water.

You still play your xbox online much Wakka?...

What games did you used to play?...

The problem with xbox is that you would never know if its me or my brother since we use the same Live account. I'm not on often, usually just to play gears of war 2 with a friend for a couple of hours then I'm off.

What exactly are the keys you use and the speed setting for mouse keys? I'd like to get 80 wc but I don't think my wrist could stand dropping those teaks :lol:

The keys are holding ctrl, 2, and 5. However, I have a G11 keyboard:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keybo ... 5&cl=US,EN

This keyboard has programmable keys along the left side. I program the bottom 3 keys to function as the ctrl, 2, and 5 and roll my fingers across that combination along with synchronizing it with the right clicking of my mouse. It allows me to drop items in a row extremely fast, just a couple of seconds per row if done correctly. It takes some practice, but with a day of doing it I can get it about 50% of the time as long as I keep a rhythm to it and not get carried away (try to drop too quick). I'll use my video camera and film a demo to demonstrate what I do. It's perfectly legal since Its not a macro, its still 1 key per keystroke, I'm simply changing the location of keys to make them more accessible. The speed you just have to play around with to get it right.

Grats Wakka, if that's the case I might try them out. Would make dropping loads of Iron ore, trout/salmon alot faster.

Looking forward to seeing that vid. :thumbup:

The best way to do it would be to rearrange some of the keys on your keyboard that are easily accessible and that you do not use often. however its perfectly possible to do this quickly normally but it might be kind of an awkward positioning of your hands.

Wow intense :shock: any way to do that without those keys, because my laptop doesn't have them. :cry:
all I did was change the location of the "ctrl" "2" and"5" buttons on the number pad to an easier location to access. Every computer has mousekeys, just turn them on and put something on your ctrl key to hold it down (you won't be able to talk when its down) and just use the "2" and "5" on the number pad on your keyboard. Every computer has mousekeys.