Arrrgh, Macroers!

Forum_User

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha look at this, :evil: now its getting ridiculous...and this is willows...no wonder the prices are dropping, rofl i was wcing too...on mi pure skiller...*sigh* hate those..

ff$....bot city

wow lol, like half of those names are chinese

Don't Click This

ironmfmcape,dominator428.gif

774th to 99 hunting on July 16th 2007

At the fishing guild there are usually no less than 20 autoers just fishing away at sharks. Jagex really needs to do something, like have a anti-macro team or something.

just my 2 cents

41166338jj7.png

click my (very bad) siggy for blog

:uhh: I wanted to see for myself so I went south of Melzars maze.

There was at first 4 lv 3's all bald but they held that free training shield you get from the tutors.

Now it got bad. Over 17 all in a line came marching along each started cutting with a rune ax on a tree. It went down they moved in a clockwise circle.

:shame: This is sad. Me and a lv 68 couldn't report them all... <.<

The amount of people who use macroers is unbelieveable. I was walking north into Falador earlier and I saw around 6 autoers all around one yew tree waiting for it to respawn. I wanted to report all of them but I only had time to report one.

My legions of fans:

thestigclipboard.png

In every world, at the Ogre Enclave there are macroers ranging blue drags. Its especially horrible since they all have 99 range and are in the 1000 ranks :evil: .

And to add insult to injury, you cant post about it on the runescape forums!!!

This is getting insane, jagex is too greedy for money. Why dont we all use macros then huh? #-o

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

addyfrangecape,snowmanbob.gif

In every world, at the Ogre Enclave there are macroers ranging blue drags. Its especially horrible since they all have 99 range and are in the 1000 ranks :evil: .

This is getting insane, jagex is too greedy for money. Why dont we all use macros then huh? #-o

heh...you sure they don't just have chat off? :roll:

They don't want people to know just how bad the problems with macroers are. If they didn't ban discussion of it, the forums would be filled with complaints.

It boils down to Jagex abdicating its promise to maintain an in-game presence and patrol its game. They have just given up even being in the game and looking for rule-breakers.

~q

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Thing I have seen most recently is in the magic shops at Port Sarim. I go there to get newt eyes, cause I need tons, adn they can be there in droves of 15 - 20, all buying up the chaos and death runes. I decided to do a test, and travelled to 25 different worlds, all had at least one in the shop, and there were ABSOLUTELY NO chaos or death runes in any of the 25 shops. Now some of the lvl 3s may have been skillers, but not all of them. I've even seen them in there, the same one never moving from one position, for HOURS. Then I pass by droves of them at the yew b/w dranor and port sarim. They really are getting way out of hand

why dont we have a mass reporting event on Tip.it!? it would certaintly make a huge dent in the macro community!!! \'

range- 69/70 ~ currently poor but with good stuff

strength- 64/70 ~go461-combat 71~

The only thing that will make a huge dent in the macroing is for Jagex to actually put some gold crowns in the game instead of ignoring the issue.

They tell people that they consider being in the game important, but they don't follow through with action.

~q

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

The only thing that will make a huge dent in the macroing is for Jagex to actually put some gold crowns in the game instead of ignoring the issue.

They tell people that they consider being in the game important, but they don't follow through with action.

~q

Well, if they wen't around banning people, that would be alright...as long as they had their proof that they weren't skillers...If you're going off of the old bots that logged out when a mod talked, thoes have changed...I've seen mods talk, and the bots not change course at all.

They've just become belligerent as opposed to tactical. :?

why dont we have a mass reporting event on Tip.it!? it would certaintly make a huge dent in the macro community!!! \'

You worded that as if macroers care about eachother by saying 'community. Macroers couldn't care less about each other. They just make their own small bots and work from there to earn themselves money and nobody else.

jvercetti don't respond. :)

Macroing is on the consumer side, and is used at their own risk. It neither harms Runescape, nor gives players an edge in the game, but is a huge disadvantage to the player who uses it, making his/her computer vulnerable to many viruses.

Hacking, on the other hand is illegal and on Runescape's side, and Runescape should fine people for it, at they could make more money in a week than they have ever made from charging a mere $5 a month for membership.

Macroing is on the consumer side, and is used at their own risk. It neither harms Runescape, nor gives players an edge in the game, but is a huge disadvantage to the player who uses it, making his/her computer vulnerable to many viruses.

On the contrary, it does very much harm to the game, because it fills up the training spots and makes everything less enjoyable for us honest players. It does make their computer vulnerable to viruses :twisted: , but unfortunately that seems to make little difference...

That's just silly.

The people who engage in this behavior are mainly huge companies in Asia who are farming gold for resale. They know more about computers and the Internet than just about anyone else. They aren't going to get viruses from it.

To think that this doesn't harm the game is ludicrous. It cheapens resources -- sharks have dropped from around 1k to 600 in a few weeks -- and even worse, makes people feel like playing honestly is pointless.

Meanwhile, Jagex is running around making chicken suits and redesigning cows rather than getting into the game and cleaning up this mess.

As for "hacking" -- it's mostly a myth. The majority of people who claim to have been "hacked" either gave away their passwords or were just not very careful in protecting them. Jagex could do a bit more on the education side here, but not a lot.

~q

signew2.png

On the contrary, it does very much harm to the game, because it fills up the training spots and makes everything less enjoyable for us honest players. It does make their computer vulnerable to viruses :twisted: , but unfortunately that seems to make little difference...

Viruses coming from where? =D>

And yes, it makes woodcutting and mining mroe diffiult, but not smithing, firemaking, fletching, etc...it makes thoes easier... :roll:

reeverywhereoa4.png

theyrestilleverywhereco3.png

pic 2, i'm talking about that upper left corner, the willows

f2p macriong is a big problem, as you can see...

i lost track of reports, if anyone is willing to help, it's w20

macrocount: 300+???

this was at the start of trhe outbreak... wouldn't that willow rather fall to an honest player than R2-D2 with a chainsaw?

also...

Meanwhile, Jagex is running around making chicken suits and redesigning cows rather than getting into the game and cleaning up this mess.

it's not the content team's problem

your report button is just as effective...

It's the MANAGEMENT's problem. And they are the ones who decide where to allocate resources -- content or game management. There aren't enough resources in the latter department.

That's laughable. Go to the Runescape forums and you'll see just how many people try to report these bots over and over and nothing happens.. well, you'll see it until Jagex's toadies lock the threads anyway.

Jagex needs to pull its head out of the sand and put employees IN the game, dealing with these issues.

~q

signew2.png

It's the MANAGEMENT's problem. And they are the ones who decide where to allocate resources -- content or game management. There aren't enough resources in the latter department.

That's laughable. Go to the Runescape forums and you'll see just how many people try to report these bots over and over and nothing happens.. well, you'll see it until Jagex's toadies lock the threads anyway.

Jagex needs to pull its head out of the sand and put employees IN the game, dealing with these issues.

~q

OMFG! I agree with qeltar! that's a first... :lol:

Anyway, yea, think about it this way:

- Does WoW have any problems with macroers? Not really...if any, minimal.

- Does KO have any problems with macroers? See above.

- Does CO have problems with macroers? See above.

- Do most games have trouble with macroers? NO!

Runescape is quite unique in it's problem with macroers and it's Jagex's problem. Not the average players. You're arguing that reporting 1, and let me repeat that; 1 player (even if you did it every minuite...) is the resolve to the thousands and thousands of macroers that we see from day to day? that's very laughable.

It's Jagex's problem and theirs alone. Players can...Well...Through reporting...SEND the very obvious problem to Jagex by reporting ploayers, but let me tell you something:

It hasn't worked in the past.

There's no reason to try and catch fish with your old net when your old net has proven failed before.

I am sitting behind Varrock castle right now, hopping between free worlds. There are at least ten bots in EVERY world. Many have a lot more.

As None2None said, this is Jagex's problem, NOT ours. They could clean it up if they considered it a priority, which they clearly do not. Instead they spend their time on silly quests and wallpaper.

It's all about money and growth. Those are Jagex's only real priorities.

~q

signew2.png

I went on my f2p pure ranger to do the easter event. So I passed the yew tree at the south entrance of Falador. There were about 7 autoers at just one yew tree!

I stayed there to report a few of them, then the 'Ent' random happened to the tree, and all of the autoers, except for one immidiately stopped chopping.

What I thought to be the only weapon against autoers failed.

Jagex should really do something about it soon, like an autoer detection system or something, that recognises certain patterns, which I'm sure the autoers have, since they're programmed.

the only real solution i see here is to make a whole new runescape sine rs2 is filled with macroers, bots and hackers...the best thing to do here is to make runescape 3 and put it on a cd, that would probably solve some problems, since now runescape is completley overflown with f***ing log cutting, fish getting programmes

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.