Arrrgh, Macroers!

Forum_User

Really I'm sorry, but, you have no idea what you are talking about. There are so many things wrong with your statement.

"What if they hired more people, and actually started banning people. maybe having something like a total people banned count so that we might see how well they actually do."

Jagex has been banning people since even before you were around. So don't tell me they should just "start" banning people. Jagex has time and time again said they ban at least 8,000 accounts weekly for stuff like macroing, either its true or not who can tell for sure. And really, is it that hard to tell that Jagex isn't doing so well when it comes to fighting these types of people off?

And really, read the update called "Bots and real-world trading." You'll see what I mean.

"Or maybe have an auto banner, so that as soon as a certain type of macro is started, it is automatically deleted."

:anxious: :anxious:

Once again, do you really think Jagex has the time and effort to ban all of these people? Take some time to read the rants forum. Never have I seen a non-automated ban response from Jagex.

Macros can go undetected for sometime, it can be days or even weeks until Jagex finds a macro'er - even with their "high and mighty" anti-software. Plus, there are people which are a growing problem called Gold-Farmers, which are basically chinese sweatshop workers who work around the clock to earn gold and then sell it in real life. And as far as I can tell, Jagex cannot detect these people without others reporting them.

For now Jagex is fighting a losing battle. But we'll see as time goes along.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really I'm sorry, but, you have no idea what you are talking about. There are so many things wrong with your statement.

"What if they hired more people, and actually started banning people. maybe having something like a total people banned count so that we might see how well they actually do."

Jagex has been banning people since even before you were around. So don't tell me they should just "start" banning people. Jagex has time and time again said they ban at least 8,000 accounts weekly for stuff like macroing, either its true or not who can tell for sure. And really, is it that hard to tell that Jagex isn't doing so well when it comes to fighting these types of people off?

And really, read the update called "Bots and real-world trading." You'll see what I mean.

"Or maybe have an auto banner, so that as soon as a certain type of macro is started, it is automatically deleted."

:anxious: :anxious:

Once again, do you really think Jagex has the time and effort to ban all of these people? Take some time to read the rants forum. Never have I seen a non-automated ban response from Jagex.

Macros can go undetected for sometime, it can be days or even weeks until Jagex finds a macro'er - even with their "high and mighty" anti-software. Plus, there are people which are a growing problem called Gold-Farmers, which are basically chinese sweatshop workers who work around the clock to earn gold and then sell it in real life. And as far as I can tell, Jagex cannot detect these people without others reporting them.

For now Jagex is fighting a losing battle. But we'll see as time goes along.

Lol, they weren't gold farmers, I actually know the site they run out of...what they did was charge $2, and then set up a proxy and simple color-clicking bot, then they had people looking over these bots checking for randoms or failures, and went from there :roll:

Most of the actual macroers came from Europe and the US... #-o

I started Runescape about two years ago, and made it a point from the beginning to be as self-sufficient as possible. I mine my own essence, make my own runes, cut, fletch and string my own bows. Yes, spin my own bowstrings as well. You wouldn't think such a player would be concerned with the bots and their sudden increased reproductive abilities :uhh: , but you'd be wrong. Just the other evening I was at Catherby attempting to fish shark. Bots galore, some with a higher fishing level with mine, were competing with me for a commodity. I became frustrated, went to the nearby farming patch to plant a dwarf weed seed. What did I hear? A conversation between two very high level players, bragging about the amount of shark they needed to cook. Yes, I realize the two situations may not be connected, but come on! We all know what happens in reality. To say the least, the situation really frustrated me. In fact, I'm taking a vacation from the game altogether until either the problem is dealt with significantly, or the game shuts down altogether. I really do hope it doesn't come to the latter, but Runescape seems to be collapsing from the inside out. I've reported bots (no, not out of hand, always after carefully checking them out) until I felt my fingers would fall off. It comes down to some important questions: Do I pay $5 a month to report those who choose to break the rules? Was that my purpose for beginning my account?

It's sad, and I will really miss my friends and the community I knew. Hopefully things will improve. The bragging I saw on the front page concerning the million members mark is frankly not encouraging. What's most important to Jagex, the members or the money?

:ohnoes: Wait, don't tell me! :-$ I don't think I really want to know. :wall:

I am f2p at the moment lvl 29 with 41 magic. I go to the rune shop in varrock and there are about 5 macroers buying all the deaths and chaos. I changed worlds about 5 times and there was a least one macroer on each world. Its so annoying i want cheap deaths, i dont want to buy them 300ea from the bank. Jagex should do something about all the macros in runes shops. Nobody can buy deaths or chaos!

sirmagepk.gif

i've been seeing alot of autoers at the mage arena buying runes....is this the new autoer spot ??

justin500.png[spoiler=Goals.]justin500.png

justin500.png

justin500.png

[/url]

[spoiler=99's]99 strength achieved 5/27/09.

99 hitpoints achieved 9/30/09.(59,643)

99 attack achieved 11/08/09. (77,453)

99 defence achieved 1/31/10. (63,382)

99 range achieved ( sometime ago )

[spoiler=Drops]

x15 whips

x53 d boots

x3 visages

x88 g mauls

Well, I don't report them anymore. Even if their name is complete nonsense. The players' reports cannot do anything anymore; either Jagex gets their act together and takes a big step or we are doomed in an endless fight against them. I'll just save some time and take another attempt at cutting that willow or whatever happens.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

Hello Traders,

Following the news post that issues a warning for everyone to boycott gold farming accounts, if you suspect a player is a gold farmer or real world trader then we encourage you not to trade with them.

If you buy from suspected gold farmers that are selling Sharks and Lobsters below the average price then you are helping them hurt the economy and damage your game play experience.

Recently Sharks have fallen to an all time low price, this is solely down to the gold farmers.

Please help us by supporting legitimate sellers by not buying items for massively under the market value.

Thanks for reading,

The RuneScape Forum Support Team

now how many people will obey that when you can get sharks for less than 500 coins...

My clan and I have been doing this since 2004 and this thread on our forums was started back in April.

http://venomscape.21.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=64

It's just an idea to help make a small dent in the terrible influx of autoers and bots.

------------

RIP Meldar667 December 20th 2004-May 8th 2007

My clan and I have been doing this since 2004 and this thread on our forums was started back in April.

http://venomscape.21.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=64

It's just an idea to help make a small dent in the terrible influx of autoers and bots.

------------

RIP Meldar667 December 20th 2004-May 8th 2007

Good idea I will try do it and send it to them the first of every month!

460wk.jpg

In Soviet Russia, Veltia's signature stares at YOU!!

The Gielinor Tribune|Blog|The Twax Story

well we all hate autoers. but rele, some ppl depend on them. merchants could be unknowling buying from them, fueling their gold farming. mages, buy the runes they get from the stores, fletchers get the yew logs they cut, smithers get the ore they mine, rune makers get the ess they mine, construction workers ( :P ) get the planks they make, the list goes on and on and on........... even tho they ruin the game for the true players who follow the rules, we are all, still, connected to a macroer one way or another.

but the 1 rle good ting about them, ez reporting! become a mod even that much faster :P

stealthisandikillyoucc3.gif

^Click for my Newgrounds page!

Jedrek13.png

i don't know what to do about the shop macroers or, the ess macroers, if there are anyleft after the pure ess thing, but:

I am pretty sure if you put a lvl 20 aggresive d wiz beside every yew tree macroers wouldn't really be yew stealing there anymore.

this-is-why-im-hot-super-mario-bros-fire-flower-funny-video-game-t-shirt-snorgtees.gif

GT: JRD is AvT

YT: hatethegamer

Youtube has nothing on it atm, but getting HD PVR within a month, so watch this space.

i've been seeing alot of autoers at the mage arena buying runes....is this the new autoer spot ??
also at void magic shop
Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

the blue dragon autos are getting smart, they bring windstrike now...

Wind-strike? :-k Eh? How's that smart?

it's a common tactic that involves windstriking as a one hit strike that also secures the kill for them. basically, they react fast enough to prevent the dragon from being killed by anyone else.

although they may just have been a normal person... i'll look into it

They've got nat macroers... now that's IT this has gone far enough! I'm camping out at the alter to report every single one of them!!!

Jagex needs to fix their own problems... :roll:

How do countries get rid of sweat-shops and under-age working? They make laws against them and enforced them. Jagex has trouble with the enforcing part... <.<

Your criticism is unjustified, they just did a mass banning of both macroers and real world item buyers.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )