Tip It Colaboration Totem - Update 10/01/07

pjb21

yes guys thats right its time for another TIF pixel colaboration.

this year it has been decided that i shall run it with ter as my second in command.

its a totem pole, thats right, a giant pixel totem pole. i shall make a base product, simply a wooded post which you can edit as you like, just make sure that its connected top and bottom and the very top and very bottom pixels are in their original places, also if you can keep the bg transparent by using a program such as paint.net which can be found here by deleating he background and saving as png (like you should for ALL pixels)

you can find the base item here.

totemtemplateub0.png

rules

there is no limit to theme, please keep it to the size provided, if you can transparent it then please do, if no then let me know, also if you can have the top and bottom linked so theres no big spaces, real totems dont float! (unless in water (this isnt...)) please also use the colour scheme provided and dont do photomanips to touch it up, since that wruins the colour scheme. anyone not conforming with these rules or handing in very bad work may not be emited entry. you may make it taller or shorter than it currently is, however please dont change the width of the template itself, however you may 'carve away' atit to make it very thin, but make sure that the top and bottom are the same as in the templeate and that it blends well with it. also make sure the light source is from the right (as shown in the template) else it will look very weird and your work may not be included.

FAQ:

i find the piece too big or too small, can i resize it?

you may make it shorter or taller if you wish but do not change the width or layout of it at the top or bottom, and always keep the boarders where they are. also if you find it too wide you may curve the pole inwards to make a norrower piece, while the top and bottom stay the same.

i dont like the colour scheme:

its how it is and isnt to be changed, sorry.

i cant make the background transparent, what should i do?

post it in this thread, and ask someone to post it with a transparent background. or even better download a program such as paint.net (see sig) and you can make transparencies with png in there by deleating the bg.

im not sure what file type to save it as

save as .png (or gif, but only if animated) if your program doesnt have heve it for whatever reason then save as bmp and upload to here as a thumbnail for someone else to change it. you can also visit this thread

how do i post an image?

visit this thread for more info

i have more than one idea, may i do several 'slices'?

yes you may do more than one piece for it, but again make sure its of decent quality.

if you have anymore questions then post them in this thread and ill try and get an answer to you asap =)

as for those special top and bottom pieces the base goes to eckered and i get the top, however this is at my discretion and i can give away to whoever i feel deserves it if i wish not to do it, but please dont ask and or beg.

and of corse the product so far:

flamestotemae9.png

totemfinished2bx9.png

totembjgu6.png

totemmyeggsnh4.png

totembessagg4.png

Participants:

Flame313

sue_kitsu

jr_striker

my_eggs

bessafree

PJB21

sigpjb2101sigdy6.png

100% my own work, i make my own brushes: set 1 set 2

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep, it will all be provided, im currently working on a tile with a colour pallette.

and dont be afraid to go big and fill the whole thing, but dont go over the size limits, its going to be 300*300 pixels with a 1px boarder up the edges on top but as i said, its still in working so dont start yet =)

PJB21

sigpjb2101sigdy6.png

ok i have it done (finaly) and take your time we wont use any shaddy pieces, you may create more than one but dont go mad, also dont resize it, ever and host it full size, if you cant do transparency let me or another member know who can do it and it shall be done, but please if you can do so, im a busy man and dont want to spend every waking hour doing transparencies #-o

anyway on to the template

zzztotemtemplatedz0.png

have fun =)

PJB21

sigpjb2101sigdy6.png

your doing the base as stated in the first post and please try and keep to this colour scheme for the time being, if we find that it really doesnt work we can change it, but please keep it as it is for now.

PJB21

sigpjb2101sigdy6.png

yeh, just tried the palette out. its easy enoguht to work with it what i ment by changing it was adding more purplish hues to it, and adding more tones. but its fine for now. also, where does it say that in the first post?

edit: i see it now... i think im going blind >.<

edit2: also, its alright if i go outside of the template, right?

wop wop

hmmm... I gueese I'll give this a shot. just wondering, how will we get everyones shading to blend together? is there a light sorce we should work with?

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

progress :

4zr9.png

Started working as soon as the pallet was posted till now It's almost 1am

so Going to try and get some sleep

btw are we allowed to post progress or only finished products in here?

whatcw4.giflol3qy2.png